Greater Vancouver Electoral Area A
Greater Vancouver Electoral Area A is a part of the Greater Vancouver Regional District in British Columbia. It includes several unincorporated areas in the GVRD: the University Endowment Lands and the University of British Columbia, west of the City of Vancouver; Bowyer, Passage, and Barnston Islands; the west side of Pitt Lake; the northern portion of Indian Arm; and a large area to the north of the North Shore that is mostly mountainous and sparsely populated except for certain subdivisions between Horseshoe Bay and the Village of Lions Bay.
The Electoral Area is represented by a Director on the board of the GVRD. This is an elected position, with a three-year term (four years starting with the elections in November 2014). The director for 2012 to 2014 is Maria Harris.
- Barnston Island
- Buntzen Bay
- Gambier Island Trust Area (part)
- Granite Falls
- Strachan Creek
- University Endowment Lands
In the 2011 Census, Statistics Canada originally reported that Greater Vancouver A had a population of 13,035 living in 5,041 of its 6,063 total dwellings, an 18.0% change from its 2006 population of 11,050. Statistics Canada subsequently amended the 2011 census results to a population of 12,988 living in 5,024 of its 6,046 total dwellings, a 17.5% change from 2006. With a land area of 815.59 km2 (314.90 sq mi), it had a population density of 15.9/km2 (41.2/sq mi) in 2011.
|Canada 2006 Census||Population||% of Total Population|
|Visible minority group
|Other visible minority||15||0.1%|
|Mixed visible minority||25||0.2%|
|Total visible minority population||6,040||55.2%|
|Total Aboriginal population||55||0.5%|
- "Population and dwelling counts, for Canada, provinces and territories, and census subdivisions (municipalities), 2011 and 2006 censuses (British Columbia)". Statistics Canada. January 30, 2013. Retrieved June 15, 2013.
- "Corrections and updates". Statistics Canada. March 21, 2013. Retrieved June 15, 2013.
- Vancouver A&SearchType=Begins&SearchPR=01&B1=All&Custom=, Community Profiles from the 2006 Census, Statistics Canada - Census Subdivision
- , Aboriginal Peoples - Data table
- Community Profile: Greater Vancouver Regional District Electoral Area A, British Columbia; Statistics Canada
|This Greater Vancouver-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|