Greatest Hits 3 (Tim McGraw album)
|Greatest Hits 3|
|Greatest hits album by Tim McGraw|
|Released||October 7, 2008|
|Tim McGraw chronology|
Greatest Hits 3 is the third greatest hits collection from country singer from Tim McGraw. The album was released on October 7, 2008.
The official announcement of the album was made on August 28, 2008, on McGraw's official website.
No new material was recorded for Greatest Hits 3. However, the album does include two songs not previously released on any of McGraw's albums: "Find Out Who Your Friends Are" (a number one collaboration with Tracy Lawrence and Kenny Chesney, also featured on Lawrence's 2007 album For the Love) and "Nine Lives", a collaboration with Def Leppard. The album also features a live version of "Real Good Man" (2003).
On October 14, 2008, McGraw issued a statement regarding his disappointment with his record label's decision to release the compilation instead of a new studio record. McGraw stated: "It has to be just as confusing to the fans as it is to me. I had no involvement in the creation or presentation of this record." He went on to say: "In the spirit of an election year, I would simply say to my fans, I'm Tim McGraw, and I don't approve their message."
- "Back When" (Jeff Stevens, Stan Lynch, Stephony Smith) - 4:29
- radio edit
- "Last Dollar (Fly Away)" (Big Kenny) – 3:56
- radio edit
- "If You're Reading This" (Tim McGraw, Brad Warren, Brett Warren) – 4:05
- Live recording from 2007 Academy of Country Music awards
- Only available on mid-2007 re-issues of album
- "Do You Want Fries with That" (Casey Beathard, Kerry Kurt Phillips) - 3:57
- "Unbroken" (Annie Roboff, Holly Lamar) - 4:00
- "Can't Be Really Gone" (Gary Burr) - 3:20
- "Angry All the Time" (Bruce Robison) - 4:30
- "Suspicions" (David Malloy, Eddie Rabbitt, Even Stevens, Randy McCormick) – 4:13
- "Find Out Who Your Friends Are" (Beathard, Ed Hill) - 3:46
- with Tracy Lawrence
- "Let It Go" (Aimee Mayo, William C. Luther, Tom Douglas) – 3:43
- "Real Good Man" (Rivers Rutherford, George Teren) - 4:16
- live recording
- "Nine Lives" (Phil Collen, Rick Savage, Joe Elliott, McGraw) - 3:32
|U.S. Billboard Top Country Albums||1|
|U.S. Billboard 200||9|
|United States (RIAA)||Gold|
- Allmusic review
- "TIM MCGRAW TO RELEASE GREATEST HITS 3 IN STORES October 7, 2008". Tim McGraw.com. August 28, 2008. Retrieved 2008-09-01.[dead link]
- "Tim McGraw Apologizes for Release of New Greatest Hits Package October 14, 2008". CMT. October 14, 2008. Retrieved 2008-10-14.
- "American album certifications – Tim McGraw – Greatest Hits 3". Recording Industry Association of America. If necessary, click Advanced, then click Format, then select Album, then click SEARCH
Kellie Pickler by Kellie Pickler
|Top Country Albums number-one album
October 25, 2008
Lucky Old Sun by Kenny Chesney