Greece Athena High School
|This article needs additional citations for verification. (June 2007)|
|Greece Athena High School|
|800 Long Pond Road
Rochester, New York 14612
|School district||Greece Central School District|
|Principal||Jason Gianotti "The Guy with the iPad"|
|Schedule type||Block Schedule|
Greece Athena High School is a part of the Greece Central School District serving students in grades 9-12 in Rochester, New York. First built in 1969, Athena is the largest - both in size and population - of the four high schools. A notable recent addition to the school is its state-of-the-art performing arts center.
In the 2010-2011 school year, the Athena music department was one of the first high schools across the nation to perform Andrew Lloyd Webber's Phantom of the Opera. They sold out five performances and added a sixth performance which also sold out. Chritine Daae was played by senior Lisa Muldowney. Raoul Le Vicomte de Changne was played by senior Erik Olsen. The Phantom was played by junior Michael Leadbetter. Carlotta was played by junior Emily Beseau. Piangi was played by senior Alex Pasquarella. Meg Giry was played by senior Lexi Gleichauf. Madame Giry was played by senior Jess Drew.
- Jason McElwain autistic student scored twenty points in his first high school basketball game. On July 12, 2006, ESPN awarded McElwain an ESPY Award in the "Best Sports Moment" category in recognition of his 20-point game.
- Former NBA player John Wallace
- Grease: You're the One that I Want! contestant Kevin Greene
- Broadway star Donna Lynne Champlain
- Broadway star Kara Lindsay
- Venture Capitalist Paul Leone
- "APAC - Our Theater". Greece Athena Show Choir. Retrieved 2013-04-21.