|Number of locations||Belgium, France, Japan, Korea, United States|
|Products||RF Silicon - Communication controller chips for wireless Smart Home applications|
GreenPeak Technologies is an Utrecht, Netherlands-based fabless company developing semiconductor products and software solutions for the ZigBee wireless market segment. ZigBee technology is used for Smart Home data communications and to facilitate the Internet of Things, the term used to refer to devices designed to be operated and managed by Internet-enabled controllers and management systems.
GreenPeak was formed in June 2007 through the merger of Dutch company Xanadu Wireless and the Belgian company Ubiwave. Both companies focused on extreme low power sensor networks. In July 2007, the company was launched as GreenPeak Technologies.
GreenPeak offers its wireless products and technology to corporate OEMs and ODMs for integration with their application and focuses on the world market in the United States, Latin-America, Europe and Asia.
GreenPeak is based in Utrecht (Netherlands) and has offices in Zele (Belgium), France, Japan, Korea and the United States.
Wireless sensor applications prosper best within the sphere of industry standards. Standards offer OEMs the freedom to purchase from a larger pool of suppliers and most importantly, standards allow devices from different vendors to interoperate, a feature which is paramount in applications ranging from building automation to industrial automation.
GreenPeak’s product offering contains communication controller chips for ZigBee Smart Home applications for IEEE 802.15.4. The product portfolio features small size, ultra low-power communications chips, with integrated software, tools and reference designs for seamless integration into residential and consumer electronics applications.
- World Economic Forum Technology Pioneer GreenPeak 2009 Technology Pioneer in category Energy & Environment
- ON World ZigBee RF4CE shipments will increase by over 250% - SmartHome WSN chip market to increase 1400%
- Frost and Sullivan About GreenPeak
- Gimv GreenPeak in Gimv cleantech and technology investment fund portfolio
- Sensors Magazine Next generation wireless sensor networks
- HomeToys Magazine HomeToys on RF4CE
- Embedded Magazine Bringing the three flavors of ZigBee together in the smart home
- Design Magazine The Open Smart Home Framework will speed up ZigBee’s adoption in the Smart Home
- EETimes ZigBee to the rescue for 'Fifth Play' services
- White paper The Open Smart Home Framework
- White paper Smart Home Networking