Green Forest, Arkansas
|Green Forest, Arkansas|
|Carroll County and the state of Arkansas|
|• Total||2.3 sq mi (5.9 km2)|
|• Land||2.3 sq mi (5.9 km2)|
|• Water||0 sq mi (0 km2)|
|Elevation||1,339 ft (408 m)|
|• Density||1,181.3/sq mi (460.5/km2)|
|Time zone||Central (CST) (UTC-6)|
|• Summer (DST)||CDT (UTC-5)|
|GNIS feature ID||0049632|
As of the census of 2010, there were 3,271 people, 1072 households, and 977 families residing in the city. The population density was 458.1/km² (1,187.4/mi²). There were 1,146 housing units at an average density of 176.4/km² (457.1/mi²). The racial makeup of the city was 64.3% White, 0.40% Black or African American, 1.07% Native American, 0.48% Asian, 0.37% Pacific Islander, 12.37% from other races, and 2.76% from two or more races. 33.20% of the population were Hispanic or Latino of any race.
There were 1072 households out of which 37.4% had children under the age of 18 living with them, 51.9% were married couples living together, 13.1% had a female householder with no husband present, and 30.2% were non-families. 23.2% of all households were made up of individuals and 11.2% had someone living alone who was 65 years of age or older. The average household size was 2.82 and the average family size was 3.27.
In the city the population was spread out with 28.6% under the age of 18, 12.7% from 18 to 24, 30.8% from 25 to 44, 15.8% from 45 to 64, and 12.1% who were 65 years of age or older. The median age was 30 years. For every 100 females there were 96.9 males. For every 100 females age 18 and over, there were 96.0 males.
The median income for a household in the city was $23,750, and the median income for a family was $26,765. Males had a median income of $18,886 versus $16,686 for females. The per capita income for the city was $10,720. About 16.7% of families and 22.1% of the population were below the poverty line, including 23.7% of those under age 18 and 23.5% of those age 65 or over.
The Green Forest Public Library is a branch library of the Carroll And Madison Library System. The library opened in 1935.
- "US Gazetteer files: 2010, 2000, and 1990". United States Census Bureau. 2011-02-12. Retrieved 2011-04-23.
- "American FactFinder". United States Census Bureau. Retrieved 2008-01-31.
- "History, Green Forest Library". Carroll and Madison Library System. Retrieved 31 December 2012.
- Scanlon, Jennifer (2009). Toff, Nancy, ed. Bad Girls Go Everywhere: The Life of Helen Gurley Brown. Oxford University Press. p. 1. ISBN 978-0-19-534205-5.
- Kyong-McClain, Jeff. "David Crockett (D.C.) Graham". The Encyclopedia of Arkansas History & Culture. Central Arkansas Library System. Retrieved 2012-11-09.