Green Mountain Falls, Colorado
|Green Mountain Falls, Colorado|
Old land office in the park
|Motto: “A Very Special Place”|
Location in El Paso County and the state of Colorado
|Counties ||El Paso County
|Incorporated (town)||August 19, 1880|
|• Type||Statutory Town|
|• Total||1.1 sq mi (3 km2)|
|• Land||1.1 sq mi (3 km2)|
|• Water||0 sq mi (0 km2)|
|Elevation||7,800 ft (2,364 m)|
|• Density||580/sq mi (210/km2)|
|Time zone||MST (UTC-7)|
|• Summer (DST)||MDT (UTC-6)|
|ZIP code||80819 (PO Box)|
|GNIS feature ID||0191196|
|Website||Green Mountain Falls Green Mountain Falls Colorado|
Green Mountain Falls is located at .(38.934621, -105.017645)
According to the United States Census Bureau, the town has a total area of 1.1 square miles (3.0 km²), all of it land.
As of the census of 2000, there were 773 people, 372 households, and 203 families residing in the town. The population density was 677.9 people per square mile (261.8/km²). There were 600 housing units at an average density of 526.2 per square mile (203.2/km²). The racial makeup of the town was 94.18% White, 0.13% African American, 1.55% Native American, 0.39% Asian, 0.13% Pacific Islander, 1.68% from other races, and 1.94% from two or more races. Hispanic or Latino of any race were 5.56% of the population.
There were 372 households out of which 23.1% had children under the age of 18 living with them, 43.5% were married couples living together, 7.0% had a female householder with no husband present, and 45.4% were non-families. 36.0% of all households were made up of individuals and 7.3% had someone living alone who was 65 years of age or older. The average household size was 2.08 and the average family size was 2.74.
In the town the population was spread out with 19.1% under the age of 18, 5.7% from 18 to 24, 33.2% from 25 to 44, 34.0% from 45 to 64, and 7.9% who were 65 years of age or older. The median age was 41 years. For every 100 females there were 104.0 males. For every 100 females age 18 and over, there were 92.9 males.
The median income for a household in the town was $43,816, and the median income for a family was $55,268. Males had a median income of $34,000 versus $26,354 for females. The per capita income for the town was $24,892. About 4.3% of families and 7.6% of the population were below the poverty line, including 10.1% of those under age 18 and 7.8% of those age 65 or over.
- Outline of Colorado
- State of Colorado
- "Active Colorado Municipalities". State of Colorado, Department of Local Affairs. Retrieved 2007-09-01.
- "Colorado Municipal Incorporations". State of Colorado, Department of Personnel & Administration, Colorado State Archives. 2004-12-01. Retrieved 2007-09-02.
- "Profile of General Population and Housing Characteristics: 2010 Demographic Profile Data (DP-1): Green Mountain Falls town, Colorado". U.S. Census Bureau, American Factfinder. Retrieved April 11, 2012.
- "US Gazetteer files: 2010, 2000, and 1990". United States Census Bureau. 2011-02-12. Retrieved 2011-04-23.
- "American FactFinder". United States Census Bureau. Retrieved 2008-01-31.