Green Party of Fiji
The Green Party of Fiji was a political party in Fiji. The party was formed in November 2008 by former interim regime Cabinet Minister Bernadette Ganilau. Like other green parties, the party followed principles of "ecological wisdom, social justice and non-violence, participatory democracy and sustainability".
The party was registered with the Fiji Elections Office.
In January 2013 the military regime promulgated new regulations governing the registration of political parties, requiring all parties to have at least 5,000 members. All existing parties had to re-register under the new regulations. The party was not one of the two to re-register, and as a result was wound up and its assets forfeited to the state.
- "Ex Fiji Minister to form ‘Green Party’". Fiji Live. 2008-11-03. Retrieved 2008-11-25.
- "Fiji to get a Greens’ party". Radio New Zealand International. 2008-11-03. Retrieved 2008-11-25.
- Michael Field (2013-01-16). "Fiji regime cracks down on political parties". Stuff. Retrieved 2013-01-28.
- "Just two Fiji parties apply for election registration". Radio Australia. 2013-02-15. Retrieved 2013-02-15.
- Tevita Vuibau (2013-02-15). "Forfeiture". Fiji Times. Retrieved 2013-02-15.