Green University of Bangladesh
|Green University of Bangladesh|
|Chancellor||President Abdul Hamid|
|Vice-Chancellor||Prof. Dr. Md. Golam Samdani Fakir|
|Campus||Begum Rokeya Sarani & mirpur-2|
|Affiliations||University Grants Commission Bangladesh|
The university is accredited by the government of the People’s Republic of Bangladesh, and its curricula and programs have been approved by the Bangladesh University Grants Commission, the only national accreditation authority in Bangladesh. The President of the People’s Republic of Bangladesh is the Chancellor of Green University of Bangladesh. The Vice Chancellor, the Pro-Vice Chancellor, and the Treasurer are appointed by the President of the country in his capacity as the Chancellor of the University.
Green University of Bangladesh is also the member of the following local and international associations:
- Association of Private Universities of Bangladesh (APUB).
- International Association of University Presidents (IAUP).
- Association of Universities of Asia and the Pacific (AUAP).
The university has six students clubs Green University Debating Club (GUDC), EEE Club, Green University Business Club (GUBC), Green University Textile Club Green University Cultural & Cine Club (GUCCC), Film Television & Digital Media. This club organises various programs related to their objective and has many extracurricular activities all through year.
Green University of Bangladesh was established in 2002 as a non-profit organization. It is an initiative of US-Bangla Group – one of the leading groups in Bangladesh and owner of US-Bangla Airlines, Purbachal American City.
Green University of Bangladesh has three faculties. Each faculty has departments. A dean is the head of each faculty, while departments are headed by Chairpersons.
Faculty of Science and Engineering
- B.Sc in Electrical and Electronics Engineering.
- B.Sc in Computer Science & Engineering.
- B.Sc in Textile Engineering.
Faculty of Business
- Bachelor of Business Administration (BBA).
- Master of Business Administration (MBA).
- Master of Bank Management (MBM).
Arts & Humanities and Social Sciences
- Bachelor of Arts (Honors) in English.
- Bachelor of Laws (LLB-Hon's).
- Bachelor of Laws (LLB-Pass).
- Film, Television and Digital Media (FTDM).
- BSS (Hon's) in Sociology.
- BSS (Hon's) in Anthropology.
- Master of Laws (LL.M).
Green University of Bangladesh (GUB) is established under the private University Act 1992, as amended in 1998. It is an initiative of US-Bangla Group.