Greenfield Township, Huron County, Ohio
|Greenfield Township, Ohio|
Location of Greenfield Township (red) in Huron County, next to the city of Willard (yellow).
|• Total||25.6 sq mi (66.3 km2)|
|• Land||25.2 sq mi (65.4 km2)|
|• Water||0.4 sq mi (0.9 km2)|
|Elevation||869 ft (265 m)|
|• Density||57.1/sq mi (22.1/km2)|
|Time zone||Eastern (EST) (UTC-5)|
|• Summer (DST)||EDT (UTC-4)|
|GNIS feature ID||1086346|
Located in the western part of the county, it borders the following townships:
- Peru Township - north
- Bronson Township - northeast corner
- Fairfield Township - east
- Ripley Township - southeast corner
- New Haven Township - south
- Richmond Township - southwest corner
- Norwich Township - west
- Sherman Township - northwest corner
Name and history
Greenfield Township was organized in 1815.
The township is governed by a three-member board of trustees, who are elected in November of odd-numbered years to a four-year term beginning on the following January 1. Two are elected in the year after the presidential election and one is elected in the year before it. There is also an elected township fiscal officer, who serves a four-year term beginning on April 1 of the year after the election, which is held in November of the year before the presidential election. Vacancies in the fiscal officership or on the board of trustees are filled by the remaining trustees.
- "US Board on Geographic Names". United States Geological Survey. 2007-10-25. Retrieved 2008-01-31.
- "American FactFinder". United States Census Bureau. Retrieved 2008-01-31.
- Huron County, Ohio — Population by Places Estimates Ohio State University, 2007. Accessed 15 May 2007.
- Baughman, Abraham J. (1909). History of Huron County, Ohio: Its Progress and Development, with Biographical Sketches of Prominent Citizens of the County, Volume 1. S. J. Clarke Publishing Company. p. 223.
- §503.24, §505.01, and §507.01 of the Ohio Revised Code. Accessed 4/30/2009.