Greensburg Township, Putnam County, Ohio
|Greensburg Township, Ohio|
Location of Greensburg Township in Putnam County
|• Total||30.2 sq mi (78.3 km2)|
|• Land||30.2 sq mi (78.3 km2)|
|• Water||0.0 sq mi (0.0 km2)|
|Elevation||728 ft (222 m)|
|• Density||47.1/sq mi (18.2/km2)|
|Time zone||Eastern (EST) (UTC-5)|
|• Summer (DST)||EDT (UTC-4)|
|GNIS feature ID||1086858|
Located in the central part of the county, it borders the following townships:
- Palmer Township - north
- Liberty Township - northeast corner
- Ottawa Township - east
- Union Township - south
- Jackson Township - southwest corner
- Perry Township - west
- Monroe Township - northwest corner
No municipalities are located in Greensburg Township.
Name and history
The township is governed by a three-member board of trustees, who are elected in November of odd-numbered years to a four-year term beginning on the following January 1. Two are elected in the year after the presidential election and one is elected in the year before it. There is also an elected township fiscal officer, who serves a four-year term beginning on April 1 of the year after the election, which is held in November of the year before the presidential election. Vacancies in the fiscal officership or on the board of trustees are filled by the remaining trustees.
- "US Board on Geographic Names". United States Geological Survey. 2007-10-25. Retrieved 2008-01-31.
- "American FactFinder". United States Census Bureau. Retrieved 2008-01-31.
- Putnam County, Ohio — Population by Places Estimates Ohio State University, 2007. Accessed 15 May 2007.
- Warren, Robert (May 31, 1953). "Blanchard River Brought Pioneers To Putnam". Toledo Blade. p. 3. Retrieved 30 April 2015.
- "Detailed map of Ohio" (PDF). United States Census Bureau. 2000. Retrieved 2007-02-16.
- §503.24, §505.01, and §507.01 of the Ohio Revised Code. Accessed 4/30/2009.