From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Greenstone is a name given to several different types of minerals and rocks.
- Pounamu, a form of green nephrite jade found in the South Island of New Zealand
- Chlorastrolite, found in the Keewenaw Peninsula of Michigan and Isle Royale
- Elvan, a quartz-porphyry found in Cornwall
- Greensand, glauconite bearing sandstone and a geologic formation in Great Britain
- Greenschist, metamorphosed mafic volcanic rock and a metamorphic facies
- Greenstone (archaeology), a type of stone used by early cultures, particularly in Mesoamerica
- Greenstone belt, Archean and Proterozoic volcanic–sedimentary rock sequences
Greenstone may also be:
- Greenstone, Ontario, a municipality in Canada
- Greenstone (software), an open source digital library software package
- Greenstone River, river in the Otago/Southland region, New Zealand
- Greenstone Track, tourist track along this river
- Greenstone (song), a song by Emma Paki
|This disambiguation page lists articles associated with the same title.
If an internal link led you here, you may wish to change the link to point directly to the intended article.