Location in Siskiyou County and the state of California
|• Total||1.379 sq mi (3.573 km2)|
|• Land||1.295 sq mi (3.354 km2)|
|• Water||0.084 sq mi (0.219 km2) 6.12%|
|Elevation||2,812 ft (857 m)|
|• Density||150/sq mi (56/km2)|
|Time zone||Pacific (PST) (UTC-8)|
|• Summer (DST)||PDT (UTC-7)|
|GNIS feature ID||0260875|
Greenview is located at .(41.549515, -122.920420)
According to the United States Census Bureau, the CDP has a total area of 1.4 square miles (3.6 km2), 93.88% of it land and 6.12% of it water.
This region experiences warm (but not hot) and dry summers, with no average monthly temperatures above 71.6 °F. According to the Köppen Climate Classification system, Greenview has a warm-summer Mediterranean climate, abbreviated "Csb" on climate maps.
The 2010 United States Census reported that Greenview had a population of 201. The population density was 145.7 people per square mile (56.3/km²). The racial makeup of Greenview was 161 (80.1%) White, 0 (0.0%) African American, 10 (5.0%) Native American, 1 (0.5%) Asian, 0 (0.0%) Pacific Islander, 8 (4.0%) from other races, and 21 (10.4%) from two or more races. Hispanic or Latino of any race were 19 persons (9.5%).
The Census reported that 201 people (100% of the population) lived in households, 0 (0%) lived in non-institutionalized group quarters, and 0 (0%) were institutionalized.
There were 88 households, out of which 18 (20.5%) had children under the age of 18 living in them, 51 (58.0%) were opposite-sex married couples living together, 8 (9.1%) had a female householder with no husband present, 3 (3.4%) had a male householder with no wife present. There were 4 (4.5%) unmarried opposite-sex partnerships, and 1 (1.1%) same-sex married couples or partnerships. 21 households (23.9%) were made up of individuals and 9 (10.2%) had someone living alone who was 65 years of age or older. The average household size was 2.28. There were 62 families (70.5% of all households); the average family size was 2.65.
The population was spread out with 32 people (15.9%) under the age of 18, 13 people (6.5%) aged 18 to 24, 37 people (18.4%) aged 25 to 44, 80 people (39.8%) aged 45 to 64, and 39 people (19.4%) who were 65 years of age or older. The median age was 52.6 years. For every 100 females there were 97.1 males. For every 100 females age 18 and over, there were 94.3 males.
There were 100 housing units at an average density of 72.5 per square mile (28.0/km²), of which 65 (73.9%) were owner-occupied, and 23 (26.1%) were occupied by renters. The homeowner vacancy rate was 1.5%; the rental vacancy rate was 4.0%. 155 people (77.1% of the population) lived in owner-occupied housing units and 46 people (22.9%) lived in rental housing units.
As of the census of 2000, there were 200 people, 88 households, and 60 families residing in the CDP. The population density was 143.0 people per square mile (55.2/km²). There were 99 housing units at an average density of 70.8 per square mile (27.3/km²). The racial makeup of the CDP was 89.00% White, 4.00% Native American, 0.50% Asian, and 6.50% from two or more races. Hispanic or Latino of any race were 0.50% of the population.
There were 88 households out of which 22.7% had children under the age of 18 living with them, 59.1% were married couples living together, 8.0% had a female householder with no husband present, and 31.8% were non-families. 26.1% of all households were made up of individuals and 11.4% had someone living alone who was 65 years of age or older. The average household size was 2.27 and the average family size was 2.77.
In the CDP the population was spread out with 22.5% under the age of 18, 3.5% from 18 to 24, 21.0% from 25 to 44, 33.5% from 45 to 64, and 19.5% who were 65 years of age or older. The median age was 46 years. For every 100 females there were 108.3 males. For every 100 females age 18 and over, there were 93.8 males.
The median income for a household in the CDP was $36,667, and the median income for a family was $41,591. Males had a median income of $35,625 versus $17,917 for females. The per capita income for the CDP was $19,918. None of the families and 1.0% of the population were living below the poverty line.
- U.S. Census
- "US Gazetteer files: 2010, 2000, and 1990". United States Census Bureau. 2011-02-12. Retrieved 2011-04-23.
- Climate Summary for Greenview, California
- All data are derived from the United States Census Bureau reports from the 2010 United States Census, and are accessible on-line here. The data on unmarried partnerships and same-sex married couples are from the Census report DEC_10_SF1_PCT15. All other housing and population data are from Census report DEC_10_DP_DPDP1. Both reports are viewable online or downloadable in a zip file containing a comma-delimited data file. The area data, from which densities are calculated, are available on-line here. Percentage totals may not add to 100% due to rounding. The Census Bureau defines families as a household containing one or more people related to the householder by birth, opposite-sex marriage, or adoption. People living in group quarters are tabulated by the Census Bureau as neither owners nor renters. For further details, see the text files accompanying the data files containing the Census reports mentioned above.
- "American FactFinder". United States Census Bureau. Retrieved 2008-01-31.
- "Senators". State of California. Retrieved March 10, 2013.
- "Members Assembly". State of California. Retrieved March 2, 2013.
- "California's 1st Congressional District - Representatives & District Map". Civic Impulse, LLC. Retrieved March 1, 2013.