Greenview, Edmonton

From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Jump to: navigation, search
For the neighbourhood of Greenfield in southwest Edmonton, see Greenfield, Edmonton.
Greenview
Neighbourhood
Greenview is located in Edmonton
Greenview
Greenview
Location of Greenview in Edmonton
Coordinates: 53°28′34″N 113°25′34″W / 53.476°N 113.426°W / 53.476; -113.426
Country  Canada
Province  Alberta
City Edmonton
Quadrant[1] NW
Ward[1] 11
Sector[2] Southeast
Area[3][4]
Community
Mill Woods
Woodvale
Government[5]
 • Administrative body Edmonton City Council
 • Councillor Mike Nickel
Area[6]
 • Total 0.98 km2 (0.38 sq mi)
Elevation 698 m (2,290 ft)
Population (2012)[7]
 • Total 2,927
 • Density 2,986.7/km2 (7,736/sq mi)
 • Change (2009–12) Increase1.3%
 • Dwellings 1,080

Greenview is a residential neighbourhood in the Mill Woods area of southeast Edmonton, Alberta, Canada. It is located to the south of the Mill Woods Golf Course.

Most of the residential development in Greenview occurred during the 1970s and 1980s, with 97.9% of the residences constructed during this time. The most common type of residence, according to the 2005 municipal census, is the single-family dwelling, which makes up 72% of all residences in the neighbourhood. A further 18% are row houses. The remaining 10% are split roughly equally between duplexes[8] and apartments in low rise buildings with fewer than five stories (5% each). Approximately 83% of residences are owner occupied, with the remaining 17% being rented.[9][10]

There is a single school in the neighbourhood, Greeview Public School.

The Jackie Parker Recreation Area is located in Greenview.

Demographics[edit]

In the City of Edmonton's 2012 municipal census, Greenview had a population of 2,927 living in 1,080 dwellings,[7] a 1.3% change from its 2009 population of 2,890.[11] With a land area of 0.98 km2 (0.38 sq mi),[6] it had a population density of 2,986.7 people/km2 in 2012.[6][7]

The average household income in Greeview is above that of the city at large.

Income By Household - 2001 Census[12][13]
Income Range ($) Greenview[14] Edmonton[15]
(% of Households) (% of Households)
Under $10,000 3.8% 6.3%
$10,000-$19,999 6.7% 12.4%
$20,000-$29,999 7.2% 11.9%
$30,000-$39,999 10.0% 11.8%
$40,000-$49,999 7.2% 10.9%
$50,000-$59,999 7.2% 9.5%
$60,000-$69,999 12.0% 8.3%
$70,000-$79,999 12.5% 6.7%
$80,000-$89,999 3.8% 5.4%
$90,000-$99,999 5.7% 4.2%%
$100,000 and over 23.9% 12.6%%
Average household income $74,893 $57,360

The neighbourhood is bounded on the west by 66 Street, on the east by 50 Street, and on the south by 38 Avenue. The north is bounded by Mill Woods Golf Course.

Surrounding neighbourhoods[edit]

References[edit]

  1. ^ a b "City of Edmonton Wards & Standard Neighbourhoods". City of Edmonton. Retrieved February 13, 2013. 
  2. ^ "Edmonton Developing and Planned Neighbourhoods, 2011". City of Edmonton. Retrieved February 13, 2013. 
  3. ^ "The Way We Grow: Municipal Development Plan Bylaw 15100". City of Edmonton. 2010-05-26. Retrieved February 13, 2013. 
  4. ^ "City of Edmonton Plans in Effect". City of Edmonton. November 2011. Retrieved February 13, 2013. 
  5. ^ "City Councillors". City of Edmonton. Retrieved February 16, 2014. 
  6. ^ a b c "Neighbourhoods (data plus kml file)". City of Edmonton. Retrieved February 13, 2013. 
  7. ^ a b c "Municipal Census Results – Edmonton 2012 Census". City of Edmonton. Retrieved February 22, 2013. 
  8. ^ Duplexes include triplexes and quadruplexes.
  9. ^ http://censusdocs.edmonton.ca/DD23/FEDERAL%202001/Neighbourhood/GREENVIEW.pdf
  10. ^ http://censusdocs.edmonton.ca/C05002/MUNICIPAL%202005/Neighbourhood/GREENVIEW.pdf
  11. ^ "2009 Municipal Census Results". City of Edmonton. Retrieved February 22, 2013. 
  12. ^ 2000 dollars
  13. ^ Income is for all persons in the household. So, if there are two persons in the household and each person earns $15,000, the household income is $30,000
  14. ^ http://censusdocs.edmonton.ca/DD26/FEDERAL%202001/Neighbourhood/GREENVIEW.pdf
  15. ^ http://censusdocs.edmonton.ca/DD26/FEDERAL%202001/CITY/EDMONTON.pdf

External links[edit]