|This article needs additional citations for verification. (February 2013)|
|Founder||Gijs van Lookeren Campagne and Jan Borghuis|
|Germany (21), Netherlands (90)|
|Gijs van Lookeren Campagne - Director and co-founder
Jan Borghuis - co-founder and director 
Founded as Collect Car B.V. on June 21, 1995 by Gijs van Lookeren Campagne and Jan Borghuis, whom were inspired by car sharing by German students in the 1980s. Now the biggest and most successful carsharing company of the Netherlands, Collect Car B.V., Rotterdam, - better known by its trademark 'Greenwheels' - bought the majority of the shares of StattAuto, a German carsharing company (founded in 1994 as StattAuto Hamburger CarSharing GmbH) in 2004. The car sharing firm received a financial boost by Dutch entrepreneur Eckart Wintzen (nl) in 1997. By the end of 2005, Greenwheels owned 98.5% of StattAuto shares. Greenwheels also operated in London as Greenwheels UK until March 1 2013.
Greenwheels has extensive locations in urban centres in Germany and Netherlands. In the UK, operations were only in the boroughs of Wandsworth and Lambeth, and closed on 1 March 2013 because Greenwheels UK "did not have enough members to continue our services".
- Alphen aan den Rijn
- Capelle aan den IJssel
- De Bilt
- Den Bosch
- Den Haag
- Den Hoorn
- NS Trefpunt
- Nieuwerkerk aan den IJssel
- Ouderkerk aan de Amstel
- XS Teleport
Greenwheels fleet consists of subcompact (supermini or city car) or compact (compact MPV, leisure vehicles) that are better able to handle the narrow and congested streets found in European cities.
- Peugeot 107
- Peugeot 207 - Netherlands only
- Peugeot iOn - Netherlands only
- Peugeot Partner - Netherlands only
In Germany Greenwheels uses Toyota vehicles:
Plans are to add Peugeot vehicles in Germany at a later date.
- "Greenwheels end all activities in UK". 1 March 2013. Retrieved 25 March 2013.
- "Collect Car B.V.: Private Company Information - Businessweek". Businessweek.com.
- "Article Categories - Mixonline". mixonline.com.
- "Onze auto's". greenwheels.com.
- "Unsere Fahrzeuge". greenwheels.com.
- Paul Lucas. "Peugeot signs electric vehicle agreements". thegreencarwebsite.co.uk.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Greenwheels.|