Greenwood & Hall
|Traded as||OTCBB: ELRN|
|Industry||Education Management, Educational Technology|
|Headquarters||Santa Ana, California, United States|
|Key people||Dr. John R. Hall (CEO)
Brett Johnson (President)
Kyle C. Murphy (COO)
Greenwood Hall is a publicly traded educational technology company that provides cloud-based people and technology solutions designed to help post-secondary institutions better manage the student lifecycle. Greenwood Hall operates facilities in Santa Ana, California and College Station, Texas.
Greenwood Hall was founded by Dr. John R. Hall and Zan Greenwood in 1997. In 1998, Greenwood Hall commenced call center operations from a facility in Irvine, California and a partner location in nearby Santa Ana, California. The Company focused on building its call center network during the first years of operations to support the needs of the direct response television industry and large television infomercials.
In 2000, the Company expanded its operations to include customer relationship management, logistics, fulfillment, and other related services as demand for the outsourcing of these services continued to increase significantly.
The Company relocated its corporate headquarters in August 2002 from Irvine to Santa Ana, California.
In the fall of 2006, the Company announced an expansion of its services and infrastructure and to accommodate significant new demand within higher education. In October 2007, Greenwood & Hall acquired the Financial Aid Solutions (FAS) Division of Nelnet, Inc.
Greenwood Hall has played a role in donation processing, event planning and logistics support with the following major national events and fundraising organizations:
- American Red Cross
- Shelter from the Storm: A Concert for the Gulf Coast
- Habitat for Humanity
- Idol Gives Back
- September 11th attacks on America
- 2004 Indian Ocean earthquake and tsunami
- Southern California wildfires
- 2000, 2004 and 2008 United States Presidential Campaigns
- National World War II Memorial Dedication
- 2005 White House Conference on Aging
- National Museum of the Marine Corps
- United Nations Global Aids Fund
- Hope For Haiti Now
- Hurricane Sandy Sandy Relief events
As of 2010, Greenwood Hall shifted its focus to helping colleges and universities manage the student lifecycle.
In 2013, Greenwood Hall commenced a restructuring, during which time the Company shed unprofitable business and made changes to its management team.
In August 2014, the Company announced it completed an $8 million recapitalization which included refinancing of its bank debt and an equity infusion for expansion purposes. In conjunction with the recapitalization, the Company became a publicly traded entity.
Greenwood Hall provides cloud-based services for higher education institutions that support the student lifecycle, including:
- Market research and assessment
- Business intelligence and analytics
- Lead generation utilizing interactive and traditional media
- Lead qualification to immediately contact prospective students to determine interest and transfer them to enrollment counselors
- Enrollment counseling to counsel interested prospects on the institution and its programs with the goal of converting them into enrolled students
- Retention counseling to work with existing students to ensure they are administratively ready and have registered for class each term
- Financial aid counseling to ensure students have completed the necessary financial aid and to address questions students have regarding financing their education
- Career advising, placement, and coaching
- 24/7 student concierge services to address student questions such as log-in, student account or other student issues
Former and current Greenwood Hall clients include the University of Alabama, University of Houston, University of the Southwest, Texas Tech University, University of Mississippi, Seminole State College, Embry–Riddle Aeronautical University, Capella University, University of Massachusetts Lowell, Wayne State University, Saint Leo University, University of Maine, Strayer University, Pepperdine University, and Hawaii Pacific University.
Non-Profits and Governmental Agencies
Greenwood Hall continues to provide outsourced call center and logistics services to select major non-profit organizations and governmental agencies. Services include:
- Nationwide Response Processing
- Donation Capture and Payment processing
- Literature/Pledge Fulfillment
- Event Management
- Telethon Campaign Management
- Annual Giving and Fundraising Campaign Management
Greenwood Hall works with organizations such as the American Red Cross, Idol Gives Back, Stand Up To Cancer and Habitat for Humanity and has provided call center, logistics and event management support for past United States Presidential campaigns, the National World War II Memorial Dedication, the 2005 White House Conference on Aging and the opening of the National Museum of the Marine Corps.
- "CEO Centerfold - John Hall". OC Metro. 28 February 2008. Retrieved 28 June 2014.
- "Campuses Turn to Remote Call Centers to Handle Flood of Calls". The Chronicle of Higher Education. 3 September 2012. Retrieved 28 June 2014.
- "Greenwood Hall Completes $8 Million Recapitalization to Fuel Rapid Expansion in Higher Education Sector". Wall Street Journal Online. 25 August 2014. Retrieved 3 September 2014.
- "Greenwood & Hall launches online degree initiative". OC Metro. 30 April 2010. Retrieved 28 June 2014.
- "Welcome to Greenwood & Hall". Greenwood & Hall. Retrieved 28 June 2014.