Call is an all around artist who is comfortable using acrylics, oils, watercolors, pen and inks, and also sculpting. He is best known for his brilliant cover art and interior illustrations for the Star catchers and Neverland books, which are science fiction novel series. Call has also shows both painting and sculpture in various fine art venues.
Calls clients come to him to have him generate visual ideas to get their project started.
- Time Warner
- Penguin Putnam
- Random House
- Simon & Schuster
- Fresh Design
- Universal Studios
- Paramount Pictures
- The National Football League
- Capitol Records
- Curb Records
- Priority Records
- A&M Records
- Electronic Arts
- Cave Dog
- Humongous Entertainment
- Rhythm and Hues
Call has been highly recognized for all of his continuous hard work. He has received the following awards:
- Society of Illustrators
Call was raised and grew up in Colorado. He later went to the Colorado Institute of Art in Denver, Colorado, where he studied graphic design. He graduated in 1983 and then worked as an art director there. He decided to take his talents elsewhere and ended up in Pasadena, California attending The Art Center College of Design. He graduated from here in 1988 and began working freelance for clients in a number of fields. He did work for companies in the music industry, entertainment, and publishing.
- Shannon Associates - the premier source for illustrators and illustration
- Peter and the Starcatchers | Through The Looking Glass Children's Book Review
- Greg Call at the Internet Speculative Fiction Database —listings Dragonsong, Dragonsinger, Dragondrums.
Those had been three of seven books cited by ALA in naming McCaffrey winner of the Margaret A. Edwards Award, "honoring her lifetime contribution in writing for teens".
- "Greg Call: Sci-Fi and Fantasy Illustrator and Graphic Designer". Shannon Associates LLC. Retrieved 20 January 2013.
- Greg Call at the Internet Speculative Fiction Database — 1996 to 2011
- Peter and the Starcatchers, First edition Sep 1994 at ISFDB
|This article about an American illustrator is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|