||This biographical article needs additional citations for verification. (May 2013)|
14 May 1968 |
St. Asaph, Wales
Greg Davies (born 14 May 1968) is a British stand-up comedian and actor best known for his roles as Greg in We Are Klang, Mr. Gilbert in The Inbetweeners and as Ken Thompson in Cuckoo and his guest appearances in Mock the Week, Would I Lie to You? and Fast and Loose. He has performed on the BBC's Live at the Apollo series.
Davies is noted for his stature — he stands at 6 ft 8 in (2.03 m) tall, and has size 16 feet.
Life and work 
Davies was born in St Asaph, Wales but his parents moved across the English border to Shropshire soon after his birth, the county which he regards as his home. He grew up in Wem, a small market town in Shropshire where his parents still live and he regularly visits. He was educated at Thomas Adams School. Prior to embarking on a career in comedy, he had taught secondary school drama and English for 13 years at Sandhurst School in Berkshire and in Orleans Park School in Twickenham.
In 2007, Davies was nominated three times in the Chortle Awards, in the categories 'Breakthrough Act' (for his solo stand-up act), 'Best Sketch, Variety or Character Act' and 'Best Full-Length Show' (both as part of sketch team We Are Klang).
In 2010, Davies' first solo stand-up show 'Firing Cheeseballs At A Dog' was nominated for the Fosters Edinburgh Comedy Awards at the Edinburgh Festival. The show was subsequently taken on his first ever tour the following autumn. He was also nominated for the Edinburgh Fringe's Malcolm Hardee 'Act Most Likely to Make a Million Quid' Award.
|2007||The Musical Storytellers Ginger & Black||Mr. Hopkirk|
|2008||The Wall||Various characters|
|2009||We Are Klang||Greg|
|2008–2010||The Inbetweeners||Mr. Gilbert|
|2011||Fast and Loose||Various characters|
|The Inbetweeners Movie||Mr. Gilbert|
|Greg Davies Live - Firing Cheeseballs at a Dog||Himself|
- "Chris Blumer Interviews Greg Davies". NME. Archived from the original on 30 January 2013. Retrieved 28 March 2011.
- "My life in travel: Greg Davies, actor and comedian". The Independent. 9 April 2011.
- "Wem's Greg Davies makes it big". Great British Life. 13 April 2011.
- "Tall tales with king of comedy Greg Davies". Birmingham Post. 8 April 2011.
- "Breaking Ads – Channel 4 – Ashes coverage". Newspaper Marketing Agency. Retrieved 7 April 2011.
- Chortle Awards 2007 nominations
- Fosters Edinburgh Comedy Award 2010 nominations
- "Greg Davies sends fans home laughing". Perthshire Advertiser. 27 May 2011.
- "British Comedy Guide, August 2009". Retrieved 22 September 2010.