||This biographical article needs additional citations for verification. (May 2013)|
14 May 1968 |
St Asaph, Denbighshire, Wales
|Medium||Stand-up comedy, television and film actor|
Greg Davies (born 14 May 1968) is a British stand-up comedian and actor known for his roles as Greg in We Are Klang, Mr. Gilbert in The Inbetweeners and Ken Thompson in Cuckoo, and his guest appearances in Mock the Week, Would I Lie to You? and Fast and Loose. He has performed on the BBC's Live at the Apollo series.
Davies was born in St Asaph, Denbighshire. His parents moved across the English border to Shropshire, the county which he regards as his home, soon after his birth. His father was a lecturer and he grew up in Wem, a small market town in the north of Shropshire. He was educated at Thomas Adams School and Brunel University, where he studied English and drama. Prior to embarking on a career in comedy, he had taught secondary school drama and English for 13 years at Sandhurst School in Berkshire and in Orleans Park School in Twickenham.
In 2007, Davies was nominated three times in the Chortle Awards, in the categories "Breakthrough Act" (for his solo stand-up act), "Best Sketch, Variety or Character Act", and "Best Full-Length Show" (both as part of sketch team We Are Klang).
In 2010, Davies' first solo stand-up show Firing Cheeseballs at a Dog was nominated for the Fosters Edinburgh Comedy Awards at the Edinburgh Festival. The show was subsequently taken on his first ever tour the following autumn. He was also nominated for the Edinburgh Fringe's Malcolm Hardee "Act Most Likely to Make a Million Quid" Award.
|2007||The Musical Storytellers Ginger & Black||Mr. Hopkirk|
|2008||The Wall||Various Characters|
|2008–2010||The Inbetweeners||Mr. Gilbert|
|2009||We Are Klang||Greg|
|2011||Fast and Loose||Various Characters|
|2011||The Inbetweeners Movie||Mr. Gilbert|
|2011||Greg Davies Live - Firing Cheeseballs at a Dog||Himself|
|2013||Greg Davies Live - The Back of My Mum's Head||Himself|
|2014||This is Jinsy||Jennitta Bishard|
|2014||The Inbetweeners 2||Mr. Gilbert|
- "My life in travel: Greg Davies, actor and comedian". The Independent. 9 April 2011.
- "Wem's Greg Davies makes it big". Great British Life. 13 April 2011.
- Greg Davies Radio Times interview. Retrieved 4 December 2013.
- "Tall tales with king of comedy Greg Davies". Birmingham Post. 8 April 2011.
- "Breaking Ads – Channel 4 – Ashes coverage". Newspaper Marketing Agency. Retrieved 7 April 2011.
- Chortle Awards 2007 nominations
- Fosters Edinburgh Comedy Award 2010 nominations
- "Greg Davies sends fans home laughing". Perthshire Advertiser. 27 May 2011.
- "British Comedy Guide, August 2009". Retrieved 22 September 2010.
- Wilson, Chris (15 June 2013). "Heights of success". The Stage. Retrieved 26 July 2013.
- "Chris Blumer Interviews Greg Davies". NME. Archived from the original on 30 January 2013. Retrieved 28 March 2011.