|Eastwood playing for the Bulldogs in 2012.|
10 March 1987 |
Auckland, New Zealand
|Height||183 cm (6 ft 0 in)|
|Weight||112 kg (17 st 9 lb)|
|Position||Lock, Second-row, Prop, Centre|
Greg Eastwood (born 10 March 1987) is a New Zealand professional rugby league footballer for the Canterbury-Bankstown Bulldogs of the National Rugby League. A New Zealand international representative forward, he previously played in the NRL for the Brisbane Broncos, and in Super League for the Leeds Rhinos.
In Round 26 of the 2005 NRL season, Eastwood made his NRL debut for the Broncos against the Parramatta Eels. He played in most of the 2006 Brisbane Broncos season's games but was not selected for the 2006 NRL Grand final win over the Melbourne Storm. As 2006 NRL Premiers, the Brisbane Broncos travelled to England to face 2006 Super League champions, St Helens RLFC in the 2007 World Club Challenge. Eastwood played from the interchange bench in the Broncos' 14-18 loss. In the 2007 ANZAC Test, Eastwood made his international debut for New Zealand from the bench. He was also selected to go on the 2007 All Golds tour.
After three seasons in Brisbane, Eastwood signed with Leeds Rhinos of the Super League for the 2009 season, however his visa to play in the United Kingdom (UK) was denied. While his visa was being appealed, the New Zealand Warriors and Canterbury-Bankstown Bulldogs, along with several other NRL clubs, expressed interest in signing him. Eastwood eventually signed with the Bulldogs on loan for the 2009 season.
Leeds successfully appealed the decision to deny his visa to play in the UK, and Eastwood joined the Rhinos for the 2010 Super League season. However on 29 July 2010, Eastwood announced his intentions to leave the Rhinos at the end of the 2010 Super League season, stating that he was seeking a return to the NRL for the 2011 season because he had struggled to settle in the UK. In August 2010, Eastwood announced that he would be returning to the Canterbury-Bankstown Bulldogs in 2011. Eastwood later played from the bench in the 2010 Challenge Cup final which the Rhinos lost to Warrington Wolves.
Return to the Bulldogs
- "Leeds star Eastwood denied visa". BBC News. 2009-02-14. Retrieved 2009-03-03.
- Brown, Michael (1 March 2009). "League: Warriors face fight to recruit Eastwood". The New Zealand Herald. Retrieved 2 October 2011.
- Walter, Brad (3 March 2009). "Warriors release Lauaki, target Eastwood". The Sydney Morning Herald. Retrieved 2 October 2011.
- Bulldogs snare NZ prop Greg Eastwood
- Leeds sign Kiwi star Eastwood AAP, Accessed from NRL.com, 14 August 2009
- Rhinos transfer list Eastwood
- http://www.bluenwhite.com.au/. Missing or empty
- http://www.bluenwhite.com.au/e-magazine/. Missing or empty