February 19, 1957 |
Greg Fishel (born February 19, 1957 in Lancaster, Pennsylvania) is a meteorologist for WRAL-TV in Raleigh, North Carolina. He received his B.S. in Meteorology from Pennsylvania State University in 1979.
Fishel was the first certified broadcast meteorologist in the United States. He chaired the American Meteorological Society Broadcast Board Committee to develop the 100-question exam for the Certified Broadcast Meteorologist program.
Fishel is also the chair of the North Carolina State Climate Office Advisory Committee and a member of the Advisory Commission for the North Carolina Museum of Natural Sciences.
Awards & Recognition
- 1985 American Meteorological Society award for broadcast excellence for reporting a March 1984 tornado
- American Meteorological Society Seal of Approval for television and radio
- Emmy Award from Midsouth Region of the National Academy of Television Arts & Sciences for hurricane special in 2000
- One of six recipients of American Meteorological Society Special Award in 2006
- American Meteorological Society Fellow