||This biographical article needs additional citations for verification. (March 2010)|
|Born||Gregory Andrew Germann
February 26, 1958
Houston, Texas, U.S.
Gregory Andrew "Greg" Germann (born February 26, 1958) is an American actor. He played the roles of Richard Fish in the television series Ally McBeal, businessman Mattson from Child's Play 2 and the vet Laurence from Quarantine. He has also appeared in Spectacular!, Friends with Money and Bolt.
Life and career
Germann was born in Houston. The family moved to Lookout Mountain outside of Golden, Colorado. His mother, Marlene Marian (née Faulkner), was a homemaker, and his father, Edward A. Germann, was a playwright and professor. Germann became a theater major at the University of Northern Colorado. He began acting in New York theatre including Biloxi Blues where he was the original understudy for star Matthew Broderick, Assassins, The Person I Once Was (opposite Holly Hunter) and War Games. He has had roles in numerous films and television shows, including Ned and Stacey. In 2006, he guest-starred in the series, Desperate Housewives.
Germann directed a few Ally McBeal episodes, including "Fear of Flirting" (season 5, episode 4). He appeared on ABC's In Case of Emergency as Sherman Yablonsky until it was canceled after one season and also in the pilot episode of Eureka as the director of operations, Warren King. He did not reprise the role, and his character's disappearance was explained in the official comic book as having been reassigned to Alaska.
Germann has appeared in NCIS since the Season 10 episode, "Shiva", playing NCIS Assistant Director Jerome Craig. Later, in the episode, "Canary", he briefly took over the agency while the Director at the time was on temporary leave following a family tragedy.
- The Whoopee Boys (1986)
- Child's Play 2 (1990)
- Once Around (1991)
- So I Married an Axe Murderer (1993)
- I.Q. (1994) (uncredited)
- Clear and Present Danger (1994)
- Ned & Stacey (1995–1997) (TV)
- Ally McBeal (1997–2002) (TV)
- Joe Somebody (2001)
- Down to Earth (2001)
- Sweet November (2001)
- Down and Derby (2005)
- Family Plan (2005) (TV)
- The Sandlot 2 (2005)
- Talladega Nights: The Ballad of Ricky Bobby (2006)
- Eureka (2006) (TV)
- Friends With Money (2006)
- All I Want for Christmas (2007)
- In Case of Emergency (2007)
- Bolt (voice) (2008)
- Quarantine (2008)
- Spectacular! (2009) (TV)
- Group Sex (2010)
- Raising Hope (2010) (TV)
- Hawaii Five-0 (2011) (TV)
- House of Lies (2011) (TV)
- Here Comes the Boom (2012)
- Common Law (2012)
- NCIS (2013) (TV)
- Law & Order: Special Victims Unit (2013; 2014) (TV)
- Blue Bloods (2014) (TV)
- Atlas Shrugged: Part III (2014)
- Get Hard (2015)
- "Greg Germann Biography (1958?-)". Filmreference.com. Retrieved 2012-10-24.
- "NCIS" Canary (TV Episode 2013) - IMDb
- "Law & Order: Special Victims Unit" Undercover Blue (TV Episode 2013) - IMDb