No. 76 Carolina Panthers
|Date of birth:July 28, 1988|
|Place of birth: Millington, Tennessee|
|High school: Memphis (TN) Briarcrest|
|NFL Draft: 2010 / Round: 6 / Pick: 175|
|Debuted in 2010 for the Carolina Panthers|
|Roster status: Active|
Career highlights and awards
Career NFL statistics as of Week 12, 2013
Greg Hardy (born July 28, 1988) is an American football defensive end for the Carolina Panthers. He was drafted by the Panthers in the sixth round of the 2010 NFL Draft. He played college football at Ole Miss.
Hardy was considered one of the best prospects available for the 2009 NFL Draft but he elected to return to Ole Miss for a senior season. He underwent surgery on a broken bone in his right foot during the off-season but was expected to be ready for the 2009 season.
Hardy had 38.5 career TFLs and 26.5 sacks, including an SEC-best 10.0 in 2007.
|Ht||Wt||40-yd dash||10-yd split||20-yd split||20-ss||3-cone||Vert||Broad||BP||Wonderlic|
|6 ft 4 in||281 lb||4.79 s||1.67 s||2.82 s||4.62 s||7.13 s||36 in||10 ft 1 in||21 reps||x|
|All values from Mississippi Pro Day|
In April 2009 Sports Illustrated, Hardy was named the top prospect for the 2010 NFL Draft. However injuries, poor production, and an unimpressive combine, caused his draft stock to fall significantly. 
Hardy managed to record a blocked punt for a safety as well as force a fumble and record 4 tackles in his rookie debut.
Hardy played in 15 games his rookie year but started none; he finished the year with 30 tackles, 3 sacks, two forced fumbles, and a safety.
Hardy recorded 11 sacks in a stellar 2012 campaign in spite of sustaining a broken thumb in September.
On June 11, 2013, Hardy spoke to reporters during a summer minicamp claiming his goal for sacks in the 2013 season to be 50. Regarding such a lofty number, more than twice the current record, Hardy stated, "Why shoot low, right? If I'm going to shoot at it, I'm going to shoot at it with a 50 caliber. I'm going to shoot at a little bird with a 50-caliber bullet. That's the goal for this year, 50 sacks, that's where I'm at. That's the goal, 50. You heard it first." http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/9366363/greg-hardy-carolina-panthers-sets-lofty-goal-50-sacks
- "Weakside defensive ends 2006". Rivals.com. 2006-01-30. Retrieved 2009-04-29.
- "Defensive End Greg Hardy Returning to School". ESPN. January 15, 2009.
- "Greg Hardy Undergoes Successful Foot Surgery". SI.com. January 22, 2009.[dead link]
- NFLDRAFT Scout.com
- "Greg Hardy, Taylor Mays are top 2010 NFL Draft prospects". Sports Illustrated. April 28, 2009.
- "DE Hardy, S Pugh, CB McClain signed". panthers.com. June 17, 2010. Retrieved 2010-06-17.
- kffl.com. September 25, 2012 http://www.kffl.com/gnews.php?id=812876-panthers---several-players-expected-to-return
|url=missing title (help). Retrieved 2013-04-09.
- "Fines roundup: Michael Vick of Eagles docked for low block". National Football League. 2012-11-09. Retrieved 2012-11-09.