Greg Lukianoff is the president of the Foundation for Individual Rights in Education (FIRE). He previously served as FIRE's first director of legal and public advocacy until he was appointed president in 2006. A graduate of American University and Stanford Law School, he has described himself as a "pro-choice liberal."
Lukianoff has published articles in the Los Angeles Times, the Boston Globe, the Chronicle of Higher Education, Inside Higher Ed, and the New York Post. He is a blogger for the Huffington Post and served as a regular columnist for the Daily Journal of Los Angeles and San Francisco. Along with Harvey A. Silverglate and David French, Lukianoff is a co-author of FIRE's Guide to Free Speech on Campus. He testified before the United States Congress on the state of free speech on college campuses.
Lukianoff appeared in the films Brainwashing 101 and Indoctrinate U, both written and directed by conservative filmmaker Evan Coyne Maloney. He has made numerous appearances on nationally syndicated television shows.
He has also appeared on various news shows, including Stossel on more than one occasion.
Words are supposed to hurt.
That's considered a legitimate way of fighting things out. And what did it replace in the historical scene? It replaced actual violence.
Words are supposed to be free so we can actually fight things out, in the battleplace of ideas, so we don't end up fighting them out in civil wars.
If we try to legitimately ban anything that can hurt someone's feelings, everyone is reduced to silence. – Stossel, 2009
- FIRE Names Greg Lukianoff as President. Retrieved May 28, 2008 Archived 31 December 2010 at WebCite
- Washington University Law School Club Feud Is Resolved. Retrieved May 28, 2008. Archived 31 December 2010 at WebCite
- Huffington Post- Greg Lukianoff Bio. Retrieved May 28, 2008 Archived 31 December 2010 at WebCite
- A Conservative Answer to Michael Moore
- FIRE - Events and Media Appearances Archived 31 December 2010 at WebCite
|Wikiquote has quotations related to: Greg Lukianoff|