||This biographical article needs additional citations for verification. (March 2013)|
|Full name||Gregory Robert Lutzka|
20 April 1984 |
|Height||6 feet 0 inches (1.83 m)|
|Weight||140 pounds (64 kg)|
Luztka is a former team member of the Globe shoe company team and released one signature shoe model with the brand, named the "Culprit" (also released in a "high-top" model, whereby the length of the shoe is extended to cover the lower shin). A full-length Lutzka video part appears in the United By Fate series of short episodic films that were released by Globe between 2007 and 2009—Lutzka's part, edited to the Justice song "D.A.N.C.E.", is the feature section of the fourth episode.
Following the completion of his contract with Globe, Lutzka negotiated a skate shoe contract with tennis shoe company K-Swiss in 2009 and, as of August 2012, continues to develop the company's skateboard area. In an August 2012 interview with the internet-based Jenkem publication, Lutzka explained:
They’re building up the program but the economy kind of took a hit right now so like every company is cutting back. Actually I don’t think they’re cutting back that much as they are just taking time to think about the decisions we make. My shoe is pretty much done it just comes down to when they want to release it.
In addition to changing shoe sponsors, Lutzka left Almost to join the Darkstar company (both brands are part of the same distribution house, Dwindle Distribution). Lutzka explained his decision to change sponsors in an interview with Poweredge Magazine:
Now it’s [Almost] just a lot different than it was then; it’s just a different program now than when I was on there. When I was on there it was me [Ryan] Sheckler and Torey Pudwill. Obviously none of us are there now but to me being on a skateboard company is about who you hang out with and who you vibe with and I vibe with those dudes really well, but I was skating with Ryan Decenzo a lot and we travel a lot together because of the Maloof Cup and the Dew Tour. We also skate street a lot together and film with the same dudes. It was a good fit for me with Darkstar because I hang out with Decenzo and I’ve known Chet [Thomas] because he’s helped me with my career since the beginning, so it was a really good fit. Pierre [PLG] was always at all the events and I’m really good friends with Pierre so at the end of the day I hang out with those dudes more than anybody else in skateboarding, so it works.
As of 2013, Lutzka is sponsored by Darkstar Skateboards, Independent Truck Company, Ricta Wheels, FKD bearings, Neff Headwear, Osiris Shoes, Rockstar, Oakley, Inc., Ethika Underwear, Active Rideshop, and OC Ramps.
Following his selection in the initial round of contracts that were offered by the Street League Skateboarding (SLS) skateboard contest company, Lutzka later negotiated a release from SLS as the contract required participants to compete exclusively in SLS events. Following Lutzka's departure, SLS founder Rob Dyrdek stated: "Despite being signed to a three-year agreement we understood that the companies that are willing to pay Greg expect him to win contests. It was clear after the first year that would never happen in Street League, so when Greg asked us to release him we decided it was the right thing to do."
- 2011 - Maloof Money Cup - 1st
- 2008 - Mexico City X Games - 1st / Gold
- 2008 - AST Dew Tour, Portland, OR - 3rd
- 2008 - X Games 14, Los Angeles, CA - Bronze
- 2008 - Tampa Pro, Tampa, FL - Street - 1st
- 2008 - Slaughter at the Opera, Sydney, Australia - Street - 1st
- 2007 - LG Action Sports World Championships, Dallas, TX - Street - Bronze
- 2007 - AST Dew Tour Overall Standing - 2nd
- 2007 - AST Dew Tour, Orlando, FL - Park - 1st
- 2007 - X-Games Mexico, Mexico City - Street - 1st / Gold
- 2007 - AST Dew Tour, Portland, OR - Park - 1st
- 2007 - X Games, Los Angeles, CA - Street - Silver
- 2007 - AST Dew Tour, Baltimore, MD - Park - 2nd
- 2007 - Rockstar MASA Pro, Fayetteville, NC - 1st
- 2006 - AST Dew Tour, San Jose, CA - Street - 2nd
- 2006 - Tampa Pro, Tampa, FL- Street - 1st
- 2005 - AST Dew Action Sports Tour Standing - 3rd
- 2005 - West 49 Canadian Open - 1st
- 2005 - X Games XI - Street - Silver
- 2004 - Street Year-End Ranking (World) - 3rd
- 2004 - Vans Triple Crown Ranking (Street) - 2nd
- 2004 - Gravity Games Street - Silver
- 2004 - Slam City Jam Street - 1st
- 2003 - West 49 Canadian Open Street - 1st
- 2003 - Globe World Championships - Gold
- Ryan Sheckler AXE Commercial - Double Pits to Chesty
- Far East Movement - Rocketeer ft. Ryan Tedder (views -33,815,642)
- Shwayze & Cisco - Drunk Off Your Love ft. Sky Blu from LMFAO (views - 626,300)
- Snoop Dogg Ft. The Dream - "Gangsta Luv" (views - 1,487,892)
- The X-Life
- Life of Ryan
- Discovery Channel Time Warp!: Episode 4 – "Fuel Girls"
- 411VM: Issue 49 (2001)
- Digital: Invasion (2002)
- Digital: All Stars (2003)
- Thrasher: King Of The Road 2004 (2004)
- Almost: Round Three (2004)
- Globe: World Cup Skateboarding 2005 (2005)
- Vicious Cycle (2005)
- Streets: Melbourne (2005)
- FKD: FKD Video (2005)
- Red Bull: Seek & Destroy II (2005)
- Oakley: Our Life (2006)
- Globe: The Global Assault (2006)
- 411VM: Volume 14, Issue 1 (2006)
- Strange Notes: The Deuce (2007)
- Thrasher: Money For Blood (2007)
- Globe: United By Fate (2007–2009)
- Streets: LA (2007)
- Transworld: Skate & Create (2008)
- FKD: Park Project Finale (2010)
- Darkstar: Forward Slash (2012)
||This section of a biography of a living person does not include any references or sources. (May 2013)|
- "Greg Lutzka". OC Ramps. Oc Ramps, Inc. March 2013. Retrieved 23 March 2013.
- PeacemakerTurkish (21 February 2008). "Oakley Our Life - Greg Lutzka". YouTube. Google, Inc. Retrieved 5 October 2012.
- theweekendbuzz (13 January 2012). "Chris Haslam & John Rattray Are Laser Tag Losers & Voltron: Weekend Buzz ..." (Video upload). YouTube. Google, Inc. Retrieved 23 March 2013.
- "LUTZKA CULPRIT - LIGHT SKY BLUE". The Sneaker Freaker Museum. sneaker freaker. 2008. Retrieved 29 September 2012.
- "Globe - United By Fate". Skatevideosite.com. Skatevideosite.com. 2005–2013. Retrieved 23 March 2013.
- Ben Kelly (11 November 2009). "GLOBE’S UNITED BY FATE EPISODE 6 TRAILER". Transworld SKATEboarding. Bonnier Corporation. Retrieved 23 March 2013.
- Carleton Curtis (31 October 2008). "GLOBE, UNITED BY FATE EPISODE 4: GREG LUTZKA" (Video upload). Transworld SKATEboarding. Bonnier Corporation. Retrieved 23 March 2013.
- Transworld (24 June 2009). "GREG LUTZKA JOINS K-SWISS". Transworld Business. Bonnier Corporation. Retrieved 23 March 2013.
- skatejoey (18 August 2009). "Greg Lutzka Joins K Swiss" (Video upload). YouTube. Google, Inc. Retrieved 23 March 2013.
- Pat Maloney; Ian Michna; Lauren Kolesinskas (August 2012). "GREG LUTZKA TALKS TEQUILA, NICKY HILTON AND BEING A "CONTEST SKATER"". Jenkem. Jenkem. Retrieved 23 March 2013.
- "Greg Lutzka". Poweredge Magazine. Poweredge Magazine. 2011. Retrieved 23 March 2013.
- Adam Salo (25 April 2011). "Maloof Money Cup skaters announced". ESPN Action Sports. ESPN Internet Ventures. Retrieved 23 March 2013.
- "Greg Lutzka wins the Slaughter At The Opera contest". EuropeSkate. Europeskate.com. 1 March 2008. Retrieved 5 October 2012.
- jimpo123456 (20 October 2009). "Ryan Sheckler AXE Commercial - Double Pits to Chesty". YouTube. Google, Inc. Retrieved 14 September 2012.
- FarEastMovementVEVO (29 October 2010). "Far East Movement - Rocketeer ft. Ryan Tedder". YouTube. Google, Inc. Retrieved 27 September 2012.
- ShwayzeVEVO (8 November 2011). "Shwayze & Cisco - Drunk Off Your Love ft. Sky Blu from LMFAO". YouTube. Google, Inc. Retrieved 27 September 2012.
- MusicSnoopDog (30 October 2009). "Snoop Dogg Ft. The Dream - "Gangsta Luv" (Official Music Video 2009) *HOT NEW*". YouTube. Google, Inc. Retrieved 27 September 2012.
- "Time Warp". Discovery Press Web. Discovery Communications, Inc. 2013. Retrieved 6 July 2013.
- "Greg Lutzka skate videos". Skatevideosite.com. Skatevideosite.com. 2005–2013. Retrieved 23 March 2013.