||This biographical article needs additional citations for verification. (January 2013)|
5 January 1980 |
|Occupation||Actor, comedian, writer|
Greg McHugh (born 5 January 1980) is a Scottish actor and writer. He is the creator, writer and star of the BBC1 comedy series Gary: Tank Commander. He also plays Howard in the highly successful Channel 4 comedy Fresh Meat.
Early life and education
McHugh went to St Thomas of Aquin's High School or St Tams as it's known locally, he then studied business at the University of Stirling and trained at the Royal Scottish Academy of Music and Drama in Glasgow. Initially, McHugh had intended to study sports science but found it too difficult.
McHugh played Josh Elvey in the TV movie Not Safe for Work.
In 2010, McHugh appeared in the episode "Don the Musical" of the English sitcom How Not to Live Your Life. He played Randy, a local actor of amateur dramatics who played the Tom Cruise character, Charlie Babbitt, in a musical version of Rain Man. He was in two 2010 episodes of Rab C. Nesbitt as Liam O'Hagan. The episodes were "Muse" and "Candy."
McHugh appeared on Red Nose Day 2011 reporting the fund-raising going on throughout Scotland for Comic Relief.
In 2013, McHugh appeared in the Channel 4 serial Dates.
|2013||Bad Education Christmas Special||Bonehead|
|2009–present||Gary Tank Commander||Gary McLintoch||(actor, writer)|
|2010||Rab C. Nesbitt||Liam|
- "Gary: Tank Commander, the Continuing Mission". BBC Scotland. 2010-12-16.
- Gilbert, Gerard (1 November 2013). "Fresh Meat' Greg McHugh on playing TV's weirdest student". The Independent.
- "Interview: Greg McHugh, comedian (Gary: Tank Commander)". The Scotsman. 11 January 2011.
- "Attention! Gary: Tank Commander goes back to school". STV.
- Brocklehurst, Steven (4 December 2012). "Greg McHugh: The man behind Gary: Tank Commander". BBC News.
- Exley, Gemma (21 September 2011). "Holy Moly meets Greg McHugh from Fresh Meat and Gary: Tank Commander". Holy Moly!.
- "BAFTA Scotland Award Winners in 2008 - Awards - Scotland". BAFTA. 9 November 2008.