No. -- Free Agent
|Cornerback, kick returner|
|Date of birth:September 8, 1990|
|Place of birth: Valdosta, Georgia|
|High school: Lowndes (GA)|
|College: Florida State|
|No regular season or postseason appearances|
Career highlights and awards
Greg Reid (born September 8, 1990) is an American football cornerback who is currently a free agent. He led college football in yards per punt return in 2009, and was named defensive MVP in the 2010 Chick-fil-A Bowl.
Greg Reid's father served a six-year sentence for drug trafficking, according to the St. Petersburg Times and Orlando Sentinel. Reid's father received consideration for a release to see his son play against Brigham Young on September 17, 2010 for the first time. "It's going to mean the world to me," Reid said. Reid's father was released in December 2010, just prior to the 2010 Chick-fil-A Bowl in which he was named defensive MVP.
In high school
After a senior season in which he rushed for over 1200 yards, scored 18 touchdowns and had nine interceptions, Reid was named the fourth best cornerback in the nation, and the top overall prospect in Georgia. He also earned All-American honors from Parade and SuperPrep, the Atlanta Journal-Constitution named him "Georgia Player of the Year", and he was named the class five-A "Georgia Player of the Decade".
Reid was heavily recruited out of high school, earning five star ratings from both Rivals and Scouts, and received scholarship offers from Alabama, Auburn, Florida (he initially chose Florida over FSU during the recruiting process) and Georgia, among others.
On August 1, 2012, Reid was dismissed from the Florida State Seminoles on account of violating team rules. He later transferred to Valdosta State University, which is located in the same city as his high school.
- "Reid's Talent Crystal Clear". Seminoles.com. 2010-04-06. Retrieved 2010-09-18.
- "Evolution of Greg Reid | Tallahassee Democrat". tallahassee.com. Retrieved 2011-09-14.
- "Florida State Seminoles' Greg Reid hopes father released from prison, sees him play". Tampabay.com. Retrieved 2010-09-18.
- Harvey, Coley. "Florida State secondary Landry Jones Ryan Broyles: Florida State's secondary ready for Landry Jones-Ryan Broyles challenge". OrlandoSentinel.com. Retrieved 2011-09-14.
- "Greg Reid - Yahoo! Sports". Rivals.yahoo.com. Retrieved 2010-09-14.
- "Player Bio: Greg Reid". Seminoles.com. 1990-09-08. Retrieved 2010-09-14.
- "Florida State CB Greg Reid on humbling performance at Oklahoma: I needed that". Blogs.orlandosentinel.com. Retrieved 2010-09-15.
- http://espn.go.com/blog/acc/post/_/id/41455/fsu-cb-greg-reid-dismissed-from-team. Retrieved 1 August 2012. Missing or empty
- "Rams sign ex-FSU star Greg Reid". ESPN.com. Retrieved 24 March 2014.