Gregg Andrew Rainwater (born February 27, 1966) is an American actor of Osage, Cherokee, Irish, and Filipino descent, who is best known for his role as half-Kiowa Buck Cross on The Young Riders (1989–1992).
He later starred in Ocean Tribe and Street Fighter, guest-starred on Walker, Texas Ranger and Promised Land, and has done a lot of voice work, including Pocahontas II: Journey to a New World, Justice League Unlimited, and Gargoyles. He has also worked three seasons as an art director for America's Got Talent, and in April 2010 worked as Art Director on "American Idol - Idol Gives Back". It was announced on July 8, 2010, that Gregg was nominated for a 2010 Primetime Emmy award for his work as Art Director on 'American Idol' - Idol Gives Back. Rainwater is a singer as well, and has toured England with the Warren Youth Chorale.
- ^ a b c Stacy Smith, "‘Young Rider’ Embraces Ethnic Responsibility", Gannett Westchester Newspapers (April 16, 1991). Retrieved 2009-10-21
- ^ 50 Years of the Television Western. By Ronald Jackson (author). Published by AuthorHouse (April 23, 2008). Pp. 330-331. ISBN 978-1-4343-5925-4.
- ^ Sandy Greer, "Native Americans Still Battling Stereotyping", Broadcast Weekly (April 21, 1990). Retrieved 2009-10-21
- ^ Gregg Rainwater at the Internet Movie Database
- ^ Kay Gardella, "Buck Starts Here on Young Riders", NY Daily News TV Week (July 22–28, 1990). Retrieved 2009-10-21