Gregg Andrew Rainwater (born February 27, 1966) is an American actor of Osage, Cherokee, Irish, and Filipino descent, who is best known for his role as half-Kiowa Buck Cross on The Young Riders (1989–1992).
He later starred in Ocean Tribe and Street Fighter, guest-starred on Walker, Texas Ranger and Promised Land, and has done a lot of voice work, including Pocahontas II: Journey to a New World, 3×3 Eyes, Justice League Unlimited, and Gargoyles. He has also worked three seasons as an art director for America's Got Talent, and in April 2010 worked as Art Director on "American Idol - Idol Gives Back". It was announced on July 8, 2010, that Gregg was nominated for a 2010 Primetime Emmy award for his work as Art Director on 'American Idol' - Idol Gives Back. Rainwater is a singer as well, and has toured England with the Warren Youth Chorale.
- ^ a b c Stacy Smith, "‘Young Rider’ Embraces Ethnic Responsibility", Gannett Westchester Newspapers (April 16, 1991). Retrieved 2009-10-21
- ^ 50 Years of the Television Western. By Ronald Jackson (author). Published by AuthorHouse (April 23, 2008). Pp. 330-331. ISBN 978-1-4343-5925-4.
- ^ Sandy Greer, "Native Americans Still Battling Stereotyping", Broadcast Weekly (April 21, 1990). Retrieved 2009-10-21
- ^ Gregg Rainwater at the Internet Movie Database
- ^ Kay Gardella, "Buck Starts Here on Young Riders", NY Daily News TV Week (July 22–28, 1990). Retrieved 2009-10-21