From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Gregory Day is a novelist, poet and musician based in Victoria, Australia.
Awards and nominations
- Commonwealth Writers Prize, South East Asia and South Pacific Region, Best First Book, 2006: The Patron Saint of Eels - shortlisted
- Australian Literature Society Gold Medal, 2006: The Patron Saint of Eels - winner
- New South Wales Premier's Literary Awards, Christina Stead Prize for Fiction, 2008: Ron McCoy's Sea of Diamonds: A Novel - shortlisted
- Elizabeth Jolley Short Story Prize, 2011: "The Neighbour's Beans" - joint winner
- Six Different Ways (1999) - with Kieran Carroll and Michael Farrell etc.
- Trace (in collaboration with photographer Robert Ashton) (2003)
- Untitled Red: No Evangelism (1992)
- Barroworn: Mangowak Days (1995)
- The Black Tower: Songs From The Poetry Of WB Yeats (1998)
- Trace soundtrack with Silver Ray (2003)
- The Flash Road: Scenes From The Building Of The Great Ocean Road (2005)
- "The Age"  - 24 April 2005
- "ABC Radio National Book Show  - 21 May 2008
- "ABC Radio National Book Show  - 25 October 2010
Newspaper Features and Literary Criticism
- Tabucchi's Marmalade In The Hotel Doma on Crete"
- On Michael Schmidt's The Novel"
- On Chris Andrews and Roberto Bolano"
- Through The Prism Of Ancient Practice"
- Remembering Liam Davison"
- The Submerged Moon - Nora Webster by Colm Toibin"
- Arthur Streeton In Lorne"
- To Know Calvino"
- Walter Benjamin A Critical Life"
- Tove Jansson"
- Song Of The Magpie"
- A Duty To Jenny"
- Pathways Of Cezanne and Morandi"
- Searching For The Real Kafka"
- Black Inc Anthologies 2014"
- Sebastian Barry On Canaan's Side"
- MJ Hyland's Carry Me Down"
- Hovering Around A Tiny Island Paradise"
- H Is For Hawk"
- Gunter Grass Peeling The Onion"
- Gunter Grass The Box"
- Colm Toibin Relatively Complex"
- Joseph O'Connor Ghost Light"
- The Surfacing"