Harrison with Heather Menzies in Logan's Run (TV series, 1977-78).
|Born||Gregory Neale Harrison
May 31, 1950
Avalon, Santa Catalina Island, California, U.S.
|Spouse(s)||Randi Oakes (1980–present) 4 children|
Gregory Neale Harrison (born May 31, 1950) is an American actor. He is known for his role as Chandler in the 1987 cult favorite North Shore and as Dr. George Alonzo "Gonzo" Gates on the CBS series Trapper John, M.D. 1979-85.
Early life and career
Harrison served for two years in the United States Army during the Vietnam War era as a medic.
He was the title character on the 1977-78 science fiction series Logan's Run, after which he played the role of Levi Zendt on the 1978 NBC miniseries Centennial and had a situation comedy on CBS called Family Man, in which he played a single-father fireman who was rearing three children. He also played a widowed sheriff rearing three children in his mother's motel called Safe Harbor (1999).
Harrison later won a role as Pernell Roberts' young surgeon, in a popular spin-off medical drama, which was taken from the long-running sitcom, M*A*S*H, on Trapper John, M.D., prior to guest-starring on an episode of its parent series, the year after Wayne Rogers left the show.
Harrison's later role as stripper John Phillips in the 1981 TV movie For Ladies Only made him a favorite with women and gay men in the 1980s. He spoofed that role in the 1986 miniseries Fresno where his character appeared shirtless at every opportunity. Harrison was a regular in the final season (1989–90) of Falcon Crest, opposite Jane Wyman, who was absent for nearly the remainder of the last season, due to her health problems, and with the direction her show was going. In 1996, he starred opposite Eric Roberts in It's My Party, a film based on the true events of a man diagnosed with AIDS who planned a two-day party to say goodbye to his friends and family and then took his own life with pills.
He also starred in the WB Network's Safe Harbor and One Tree Hill and has made guest appearances on numerous other shows such as Touched by an Angel, Judging Amy, Reunion, Joey, Law & Order: Special Victims Unit, Drop Dead Diva,and Hot In Cleveland.
For the last few years he has played the lead in a touring version of the musical Chicago and was the male lead in each film of the Au Pair trilogy. He also appeared as Benjamin Stone in the Broadway revival of Stephen Sondheim's Follies and created a role in the original Broadway production of Kander & Ebb's Steel Pier. In 2011 he had a guest starring role as a doctor on ABC's Body of Proof.
Harrison has been married since 1980 to actress Randi Oakes (of CHiPs fame). The couple has four children, three girls and a boy. He lived in Gold Beach, Oregon, for fifteen years and as of 2007, he resided in Eugene. He enjoys surfing and golf.
|This section requires expansion. (July 2013)|
- 1973 : The Harrad Experiment as student (not credited)
- 1976 : Jim the World's Greatest as Jim Nolan
- 1977 : Fraternity Row as Zac
- 1984 : Razorback as Carl Winters
- 1987 : North Shore as Chandler
- 1992 : Body Chemistry II: Voice of a Stranger as Dan
- 1993 : Cadillac Girls as Sam
- 1995 : 500 Nations as a storyteller
- 1996 : It's my party as Brandon Theis
- 1998 : Air Bud: Golden Receiver as Patrick Sullivan
- 2000 : Canone inverso
- 2009 : Love N' Dancing as Oncle Carl
- 2009 : Give 'em Hell, Malone as Whitmore
- 1975 : Trilogy of Terror as Arthur Moore
- 1975 : Wonder Woman as a First Lieutenant, Army Medical Corps (not credited)
- 1976 : Barnaby Jones as Ritchie Ridder (1st episode)
- 1976 : M.A.S.H. as Lieutenant Tony Baker (1st episode)
- 1977 : The Gathering as Bud Jr.
- 1977 : Logan's Run as Logan 5
- 1978 - 1979 : Centennial as Levi Zendt (10 episodes)
- 1979 - 1984 : Trapper John, M.D. as Dr. George Alonzo Gates (142 episodes)
- 1979 : The Best Place to Be as Rick Jawlosky
- 1980 : The Women's Room de Glenn Jordan as Ben Volper
- 1980 : The Men, the Mission, the Atomic Bomb as Captaine Bob Lewis
- 1981 : For Ladies Only as John Phillips
- 1983 : The Hasty Heart
- 1983 : The Fighter as Merle Banks
- 1985 : Seduced as Mike Riordan
- 1986 : Oceans of Fire as Ben Laforche
- 1986 : Picnic as Hal Carter
- 1986 : Fresno (series) as Torch
- 1988 : Hot Paint as Willie
- 1988 : Red River as Cherry Valance
- 1989 - 1990 : Falcon Crest (series) as Michael Sharpe
- 1990 : Dangerous Pursuit
- 1990 : Angel of Death as Gary Nicholson
- 1990 : True Detectives as Hôte
- 1990 - 1991 : The Family Man as Jack Taylor (22 episodes)
- 1991 : Bare Essentials as William 'Bill' Buzell, owner of Luhana
- 1992 : Split Images as Robbie Daniels
- 1992 : Breaking the Silence as Paul Danner
- 1992 : Duplicates as Bob Boxletter
- 1993 : Caught in the Act as Scott McNally
- 1993 : A Family Torn Apart as Tom Kelley
- 1994 : Galaxy Beat as Dack Steelbrow
- 1994 : Lies of the Heart: The Story of Laurie Kellogg as Bruce Kellogg
- 1994 : Tis a Gift to Be Simple as Daniel Hanover
- 1994 : Mortal Fear Philip Montgomery
- 1994 : A Christmas Romance as Brian Harding
- 1995 : A Dangerous Affair as Robert Kenzer
- 1995 : Sisters as Daniel Albright
- 1995 : Touched by an Angel as Peter 'Pete' Jacob Taylor
- 1995 : Hard Evidence as Trent Turner
- 1995 : Nothing Lasts Forever as Dr. Benjamin 'Ben' Wallace
- 1995 : New York News : Jack Reilly (13 episodes)
- 1996 : Summer of Fear as Mr. Marshall'
- 1996 - 1997 : Dark Skies (19 episodes, not credited)
- 1997 : When Secrets Kill as Greg Newhall
- 1998 : Touched by an Angel asRichard
- 1998 : The Outer Limits as Dr. Larry Chambers
- 1998 : 'Running Wild as Matt Robinson
- 1998 : Dead Man's Gun as Boucher/Trapper (1st episode)
- 1998 : Murder at 75 Birch as Rick
- 1998 : Maggie Winters : Mr. Wiehe (1 episode)
- 1999 : First Daughter as Président Jonathan Hayes
- 1999 : Au Pair as Oliver Caldwell
- 1999 : Safe Harbor as John Loring (10 episodes)
- 2000 : First Target as Président Jonathan Hayes
- 2000 : Ed as Nick Stanton
- 2000 - 2001 : Judging Amy as Tom Gillette
- 2001 : Au Pair II as Oliver Caldwell
- 2002 : St. Sass as Adam Patrick
- 2002 : Touched by an Angel as Don
- 2002 : First Shot as Président Jonathan Hayes
- 2002 - 2003 : Strong Medicine as Dr. Randolf Kilner
- 2003 : Miracles a Sheriff Ed Prescott (1 episode)
- 2004 : Jessica as Brett
- 2005 : Untitled Susie Essman Project
- 2005 - 2006 : Joey as Dean
- 2005 : Réunion as Russell Brewster (7 episodes)
- 2006 : Law & Order: Special Victims Unit as Nathan Speer (1 episode)
- 2007 : Nurses as Dr. Richard Morrow
- 2008 : Rodney as Duke Lewis (1 episode)
- 2009 : Au Pair 3: Adventure in Paradise as Oliver Caldwell
- 2009 : Maneater as Teddy'
- 2009 : Drop Dead Diva as Brandon Tharpe (1 episode)
- 2009 - 2011 : One Tree Hill as Paul Norris
- 2010 : The Fuzz as Lieutenant Donovan
- 2010 : CSI: NY as Roland Carson (1 episode)
- 2011 : Hot in Cleveland as Dave (1 episode)
- 2011 : Body of Proof as Dr. Cameron Fischer (1 episode)
- 2012 : Undercover Bridesmaid as Mr. Thompson
- 2012 : Ringer as Tim Arbogast
- 2013 : After All These Years as David
- 2013 : Reckless as Dec Fortnum
- James Brady (1990-02-25). "In Step With: Gregory Harrison". The Times-News. Retrieved 2011-02-05.
- "Gregory Harrison Biography (1950-)". Filmreference.com. Retrieved 2012-01-15.
- Harris, Harry (December 3, 1979). "Hospital Routine Familiar to Actor Gregory Harrison". Boca Raton News. Retrieved May 30, 2014.
- "Deutscher FALCON CREST - Fanclub / German FALCON CREST Fan Club". www.falconcrest.org. Retrieved 2013-12-03.
- "Hollywood actor speaks to area rotarians". KCBY CBS 11. Retrieved 2008-04-03.
- LYNN SIMROSS. "From Addict to Role Model Gregory Harrison Bares Soul to Help Drug-Abuse Victims :[Home Edition]. " Los Angeles Times (pre-1997 Fulltext) 5 Sep. 1989,Los Angeles Times, ProQuest. Web. 21 Oct. 2010.
- Gregory Harrison at the Internet Movie Database
- Gregory Harrison at the Internet Broadway Database
- Gregory Harrison at the Internet Off-Broadway Database