|— Lacrosse player —|
September 7, 1983 |
Lloyd Harbor, New York
|Height||6 ft 1 in (1.85 m)|
|Weight||210 pounds (95 kg)|
|NCAA team||Johns Hopkins University|
|Former NLL teams||Orlando Titans
New York Titans
|Long Island Lizards
New Jersey Pride
|NLL Draft||29th overall, 2006
Gregory Peyser (born September 7, 1983 in Lloyd Harbor, New York) is an American professional lacrosse player with the Long Island Lizards of Major League Lacrosse. Peyser also played with the Orlando Titans and New York Titans of the National Lacrosse League. He played collegiate lacrosse at Johns Hopkins University. He plays midfield and is known as a face-off specialist.
Peyser was a team captain as a senior while playing for the Johns Hopkins Blue Jays. In his junior season he was awarded USILA third team All-American honors, and helped his team win the 2005 NCAA Division I Men's Lacrosse Championship game. He finished his career with the all-time leading face-off wins percentage in Blue Jays history.
Peyser has been a member of the New Jersey Pride since the 2007 season, when he joined his brother Michael on a team that already shared a number of brothers as teammates, including the Donegers and the Molletts. The Pride acquired Peyser in exchange for the team's first round selection in the 2007 MLL Collegiate Draft (which turned out to be Navy's Bill Looney). During the 2008 MLL Collegiate Draft, the Pride selected Peyser's younger brother Stephen. During Week 6 of the 2008 MLL season, the Peyser brothers (Michael, Gregory, and Stephen) became the first trio of brothers to play on the same Major League Lacrosse team together.
Arena Football League
In 2007, when the 2008 National Lacrosse League season was cancelled, Peyser, who had played football in high school, competed for a roster spot during try-outs for the Arena Football League's New York Dragons. He was eventually cut from the team and played the 2008 lacrosse season with the New York Titans once the season was reinstated.
- "Greg Peyser's JHU Player Bio". HopkinsSports.com. Retrieved 2008-07-30.
- "U.S. Sweeps Under-19 World Lacrosse Championships". USLacrosse.org. Retrieved 2008-07-30.
- "Greg Peyser's New Jersey Pride Player Bio". NewJerseyPride.com. Retrieved 2008-07-30.
- Ingram, Bobby (May 23, 2007). "Band of Brothers". NewJerseyPride.com. Retrieved 2008-07-30.
- "MLL News and Notes - Week 6". June 19, 2008. Retrieved 2008-07-30.
During their 16-12 victory over Rochester last week, the New Jersey Pride became the first team in MLL history to have three members of the same family playing in the same game on the same team.
- "All-Star reserves announced". NLL.com. February 19, 2009. Retrieved 2009-03-05.
- Johnson, Craig (November 30, 2007). "Peyser tries his hand in Arena Football League". NLLInsider.com. Retrieved 2008-07-30.