||This biographical article needs additional citations for verification. (February 2011)|
|Date of birth||28 August 1988|
|Place of birth||Manly, Sydney, New South Wales, Australia|
|School||St Augustines, Brookvale NSW Australia and Epsom College UK|
|University||ACPE - Australian College of Physical Education, Sydney|
Gregory White (born 28 August 1988 in Sydney, New South Wales, Australia) is a dual rugby union and rugby league utility, with French, English and Australian nationality. He was named in the French Rugby League squad to play England, Wales, Scotland and Ireland in October 2011.
In November 2012, he was invited to join the England 7's squad for training in London, to prepare for the IRB 7's series circuit in Dubai. He will also train with the squad in Dubai as part of an RFU invitational team.
Previously he was with Toulouse Olympique XIII in SW France. Toulouse Olympique play in the Co-operative Championship, the second tier competition below the Super League Europe. He re signed again in September for Toulouse Olympique to play in France's Elite 1 competition commencing October 2011 through May 2012.
In his first rugby league game in 2 years ( expecting to return to his Warringah Rats Rugby Union club within the month.), he had his debut as a medical replacement for an injured player, in a friendly against Super League side Catalans Dragons. This was quickly followed by an impressive gathering of form with consecutive game tries against the soon to be announced 2012 Super League side Widnes Vikings and Keighley Cougars in the Northern Rail Cup. He was quickly recognised for his performances and signed up for a permanent team place and earmarked for the French National Team. His form continued to grow to became one of the leading try scorers in the competition.
Bobby Goulding French National Coach 2011 Squad said: "New player Gregory White has appeared in the group of 30 French player squad for 2011. I sincerely believe that this player can belong in Super League if the opportunity is given. He can play both a 'wing and at the back and represents a real danger to the opponent. [ in attack ]"
"Gregory White has good qualities of support and is a good finisher" ** Campagne Automnale Des Bleus
He holds Australian, English and French nationality, enabling him to play in all three countries outside of national quota restrictions in dual rugby codes of union and league.
White has previously played in the Sydney Shute Shield Premiership which is Australia's top Rugby Union club competition under Super 15, for the Warringah Rugby Club in 2010, and Manly RUFC since 2007. In 2009 he played as an invitation player in the Dubai 7's to assist India's development for the Commonwealth Games, with games against France B. In rugby union he plays fullback, wing and outside centre. In rugby league, he plays fullback or wing.
- | Warringah Rugby Union Club | Backs Profiles 2010
- Cop it on the Chin | Manly Daily | Rugby Union | written 21 Apr 10 | Jason Avedissian
- LaDepeche | Toulouse France | 21 January 2011
- Viking News | 14 February 2011
- LaDepeche | Toulouse France | 21 April 2011
- " White is Blue " 2011 France Squad | France | 26 August 2011
- Tricolour in disguise | Manly Daily | Rugby League | written 14 Oct 11 | Jon Geddes
- , White aims for Super League | I Love Rugby League | written 11 May 12
- Former Warringah Rat Greg White set for debut with England | Manly Daily | Rugby Union | written 7 Nov 12 | Jon Geddes
- 5 mins VIDEO HIGHLIGHTS season 2011 Co-operative Championship| Northern Rail Cup | 24 August 2011
- 1 min VIDEO SNIPPET 2011 Co-operative Championship| Toulouse Olympique v Halifax | 2011
- 3 min VIDEO SNIPPET 2011/12 French Elite 1 Championship | Toulouse Olympique [ May 2012
- 5 min VIDEO SNIPPET 2011/12 Highlights French Elite 1 Championship | Toulouse Olympique [ Sep 2012