|Date of birth:||July 16, 1918|
|Place of birth:||Great Barrington, Massachusetts|
|Date of death:||May 14, 1984(aged 65)|
|Place of death:||Long Beach, California|
|Height:||6 ft 0 in (1.83 m)|
|Weight:||190 lb (86 kg)|
|NFL draft:||1940 / Round: 1 / Pick: 10|
Career NFL statistics
Prior to his NFL career, Lansdell played college football at the University of Southern California (USC), filling multiple roles. His official position in college was quarterback, but he served as a running back, while also throwing passes and punting. The Daily Pilot described Lansdell as "one of the last of the truly great all-around triple-threat stars in college football history". In addition, Lansdell was a punt returner and played safety on defense. Offensively, he led USC in passing yards from 1937 to 1939, and in rushing yards in 1938 and 1939; USC reached the Rose Bowl in both seasons.
In the 1940 NFL Draft, the Giants chose Lansdell with the 10th overall pick. He played one season for the team, appearing in two games and rushing for nine yards in seven attempts; he also completed two passes in three attempts. Lansdell's football career was interrupted in 1941, when he joined the U.S. Army. During World War II, Lansdell was a pilot with the Army Air Corps. Lansdell did not return to football following the war; instead, he piloted flights for Trans World Airlines for more than 30 years.
- The ESPN Pro Football Encyclopedia Second Edition. New York City: Sterling Publishing. 2007. p. 410. ISBN 978-1-4027-5250-6.
- Hall, John (December 9, 1999). "Grenny Lansdell (page 1)". Daily Pilot. Retrieved October 26, 2011.
- Hall, John (December 9, 1999). "Grenny Lansdell (page 2)". Daily Pilot. Retrieved October 26, 2011.
- "Grenny Lansdell". Pro Football Reference. Retrieved October 26, 2011.
- "Grenny Lansdell to Carry a Rifle on Uncle Sam's Team". Berkeley Daily Gazette. United Press. January 28, 1941. Retrieved October 26, 2011.
|This biographical article relating to an American football running back born in the 1910s is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|