Griffin Anthony, New York, April, 2008.
|Birth name||Griffin Anthony Occhigrossi|
|Also known as||Griffin Anthony|
September 3, 1983 |
New York, United States
|Origin||Yonkers, New York, United States|
|Instruments||Guitar, vocals, drums|
|Guitar, Piano, Drums,|
Griffin Anthony (born September 3, 1983) is an American singer-songwriter and guitarist. Born and raised in upstate New York, Griffin attended high school at Wooster School in Danbury, Connecticut, and then went on to receive a BA in Business and Psychology from Nova Southeastern University in Ft. Lauderdale, Florida, before pursuing his music career full-time.
Griffin began as a drummer for a childhood band, “The Ripptides,” at the age of 12. His bandmates included Gillian Roth, daughter of legendary guitar player Arlen Roth, and Anna Menken, daughter of Academy Award-winning film score composer Alan Menken. Griffin went on to study percussion with Princeton University professor John Arrucci, and drum kit with the jazz drummer Jack Evans, before becoming acquainted with the guitar at the age of 17.
Griffin worked backstage at the Newport Jazz Festival as a teen. There, he encountered several opportunities to assist such legendary performers as Aretha Franklin, Ray Charles, Diana Krall, Wynton Marsalis, Cassandra Wilson, Chick Corea, Al Jarreau, and George Benson.
After two years of playing both New York and Florida music markets, Griffin independently released the self-titled Griffin Anthony EP in August 2007. Made up of five tracks, "Sleepy Sunday" landed Griffin on the ClearChannel charts in 2008 and was later licensed by ABC for their Fall 2009 programming schedule on major network television. All tracks were recorded at DTM Studios in Miami with the aid of Grammy nominee Dan Geary. The track "If She Only Knew" was later featured on E!'s television series Kourtney and Kim Take New York in the winter of 2011.
In early 2009, Griffin began writing and recording for his debut full-length album entitled Crazy Ways. Recorded in Nashville, New York and Miami, Crazy Ways was composed of 10 tracks that span multiple genres while still staying true to the acoustic Soul/Pop framework. Griffin, with the help of StudioErin design and marketing, released the album independently on January 2, 2010. The tracks were mixed by Grammy Award-winning mixing engineer, Charles Dye (Ricky Martin, Shakira, Jennifer Lopez, and Jon Secada) and mastered by Dan Geary at DTM Studios in Miami. In May 2010, the "Crazy Ways" CD package design (created by StudioErin and Raymond 'Mund' Acevedo) won a Gold Award of Excellence from the 16th Annual Communicator Awards. The song "Pieces" was licensed by NBC's "Open House NY" as well as The Tennis Channel. In the winter of 2011, the Oxygen Channel featured Griffin's song, "Hurry Up" in their television show Bad Girls Club.
Griffin released a version of "Winter Wonderland" on December 15, 2010. Produced by Luke Moellman, the track has an acoustic arrangement and features Griffin's single lead, vocal harmonies, piano and guitar. The rendition of the song was featured on the French radio station Le Stream (with DJ Yan Theriault) on December 16, 2010, on for their radio show Lachez Vos Camescopes.
Griffin released a live EP (Live at 305) featuring his performance at Kithchen 305 in Sunny Isles, Florida in August 2011. The album's featured write-up on Top40-Charts.com on August 13, 2011. and later in October 2011, "Sleepy Sunday" was chosen to be among entries the 54th annual Grammy Awards in the "Best Pop Solo Performance" category.
The Canyon was recorded in Nashville, TN & Miami, FL. Executive producer Pawan Deedwaniya and Anthony released the four-song EP in late Summer 2012 (August 1, 2012). Mixed by Jo Serrano at Cutting Cane Studios in Miami and Mastered by Mike Fuller of FullerSound inc. The tracks were originally recorded to be unreleased and used for publishing and licensing purposes only. Anthony hired graphic artists, Erin Starks of studioerin (Jupiter, FL) and Kelsey Bryant (San Francisco, CA) to create the album artwork. The recording process began in Miami, FL (May 2012), and commenced in Nashville, TN, by June. Journalists have compared the work to Emerson Hart’s 2007 "Cigarettes & Gasoline": "Rock-pop sound with some folk-country in there."
Nobody Loves Like You was released on May 27, 2013. Anthony composed the song for use in a documentary film for the SPCA in October 2012. The film premiered at the Westchester SPCA annual gala in late October at the Ritz Carlton in NY. The song was later recognized by New York Festivals: Best of TV & Film Awards in the category of "Best Original Music" for its usage with the SPCA.
What a Lie Looks Like was released on September 30, 2013. Recorded in Nashville, TN, the song helped get Griffin nominated for IMEA (International Music & Entertainment Association) "Songwriter of the Year" award in Fall of 2013.
Upon signing with BMI and Orange Music Company Publishing in 2009, Griffin has extensively toured the U.S. music markets. He has shared the bill with acts such as, James Taylor, Kenny Wayne Sheppard, Citizen Cope, Matt Nathanson, David Cook, John Hiatt, Michael McDonald, Aaron Neville, Toots & The Maytals, and Don McLean.
Griffin has been a recurring guest on South Florida's popular Wild95 morning show and in Spring of 2009 performed on CBS morning news. Griffin also helped make a name for himself at the South Florida International Blues Festival 2008 as well as SunFest in 2009 and the Wanee Festival in 2011.
|Aug. 30, 2007||The Griffin Anthony EP|
|Oct. 20, 2009||Crazy Ways - Single|
|Jan. 2, 2010||Crazy Ways|
|Dec. 15, 2010||Winter Wonderland|
|Aug. 9, 2011||Live at 305|
|Aug. 1, 2012||The Canyon|
|May 27, 2013||Nobody Loves Like You - Single|
|Sept. 30, 2013||What a Lie Looks Like - Single|
- Player Profile- Griff Occhigrossi - Sports
- Four Year and Professional Signees.
- Photos 2, Arlen Roth website.
- Griffin Anthony op Myspace Music – Gratis gestreamde MP3’s, foto’s en Videoclips
- Singer/Songwriter, Griffin Anthony Has Hit Single 'Sleepy Sunday' Featured On ABC @ Top40-Charts.com - Songs from 49 Top 20 & Top 40 Music Charts from 30 Countries
- "Hot Off The Press - "Live @ 305" - The New EP By Nationally Renowned Singer/songwriter, Griffin Anthony, Now Available On Physical Discs", Mi2N.
- Crazy Ways (Deluxe Version): Griffin Anthony: Amazon.co.uk: MP3 Downloads
- Communicator Awards | Winners
- "Singer/Songwriter, Griffin Anthony, Released Holiday Single December 15, 2010", Mi2N.
- "Le Stream 147 - Lâchez vos caméscopes", December 16, 2010.
- "Nationally Renowned Singer/songwriter Griffin Anthony, Releases Live EP On iTunes".
- "Nationally Renowned Singer/Songwriter - Griffin Anthony - Amid Pop Entries On Grammy Ballot", Mi2N.
- "The Canyon - EP, Griffin Anthony", iTunes Preview.
- The Canyon, Griffin Anthony, Soundcloud.
- "July’s Music Pile (Part 2)".
- 0 New York Festivals
- "Griffin Anthony Expands His Musical Spectrum To Highlight An Altruistic Project; Releases New Mid-Tempo Ballad", T4C, 10/05/2013.
- 2013 New York Festivals, Finalist certificate.
- "Griffin Anthony Expands His Musical Spectrum To Highlight An Altruistic Project; Releases New Mid-Tempo Ballad", Mi2N, 5-09-2013.
- Janene Starr, "Local Artist Griffin Anthony Shares His Story with HamletHub", HamletHub, June 26, 2013.
- "Griffin Anthony Gets Personal on September 30", Brookfield's HamletHub, September 27, 2013.
- "Acclaimed Singer/songwriter Griffin Anthony Gets Personal With Relatable New Ballad...", Mi2N.
- The Orange Music Company on Myspace
- MyJoog Blog: Sunfest 2009
- Sunfest Artist Griffin Anthony | anthony, artist, griffin - News Links - WPEC 12 West Palm Beach
- The Beat: South Florida music news - on time & in tune | July 2008 Archives
- Wanee Music Festival 2011.
- SunFest’s local acts spice up things with variety | Palm Beach Entertainment: Events, movies, restaurants, nightlife & more | pbpulse.com