Grindor is the name of four characters from the Transformers series. The first Grindor is a Mini-Con from the Transformers: Armada story.
Transformers: Armada 
|Motto||"If you're not trying something new, you're not trying."|
|Alternate Modes||Skateboard, later hoverboard|
|Japanese voice actor||Masataka Nakai|
The first Grindor is one of the members of the Mini-Con Street Action Team.
Grindor is very creative and willing to try anything once. He possesses great intelligence and creativity. Tends to "think outside the box" to come up with solutions that others may miss. He is agile, but is not a very good combatant. He combines with his Street Action Team partners to form Perceptor.
Animated series 
During the Armada era of the Unicron Battles, Grindor was the Mini-Con partner to the human Carlos Lopez. He first appeared in episode #1, called "First Encounters" and last appeared in episode #52, called "Mortal Combat."
They seem to have eventually drifted apart, as Grindor spent much of his time around Kicker Jones in the Energon years in his new upgraded hovercraft form. He first appeared in episode #2, called "Energon Stars" and last appeared in episode #23, called "Each One Fights."
Although Grindor did not appear in the original Galaxy Force animated series, a small cameo was added to the final episode of the English translation, Transformers: Cybertron. In the episode "Beginning" the Autobots sent their ships out for the Space Bridge project, and adult Alexis, Carlos and Rad were seen waving goodbye to the Autobot ships, with the image of the Armada Street Action Team behind them.
Dreamwave Productions 
Grindor first appeared in issue #3 of the Transformers: Armada comic series.
In the Transformers: Energon comic series by Dreamwave Productions comics Perceptor appeared in issues #27-29 of the series. He originally appeared as part of the Autobot reinforcements under Jetfire who headed to Earth to fend off the Terrorcon invasion. Perceptor was part of the team who travelled to Los Angeles to battle the Insecticon clones, alongside Landquake, Cliffjumper, Bulkhead and Tow-Line. They were in danger of being overwhelmed by the sheer number of clones until they were rescued by a surprising source - Megatron, resurrected in a new body by Optimus Prime. Megatron decimated the Insecticon clones, leaving the Autobots to help with the devastation.
Fun Publications 
Grindor, in the form of Perceptor, appeared in the "Balancing Art" comic book by Fun Publications. He was among the Mini-Cons loyal to the Mini-Con council led by Anti-Blaze. He was aided by the Autobots in defeating the rebel Decepticon Mini-Cons led by Thrust. He later appeared at a meeting of the Autobot leaders and their human friends.
- Armada Mini-Con Grindor (2002)
- The Armada Street Action Team included Grindor, Sureshock and Highwire.
- Energon Mini-Con Grindor (2004)
- New molds, the Energon Street Action Team included Grindor, Sureshock and Highwire.
- In 2005 this toy was repackaged in the Universe and sold in discount stores.
- Cybertron Mini-Con Grindor vs. Scrap Iron (2006)
- A redeco of Energon Grindor, this toy was released as an Autobot. Instead of being released with the other members of his team in a 3-pack, he was released in a 2-pack with the Decepticon Scrap Iron.
Transformers: Universe 
|Sub-group||Street Action Team|
|Partner||Highwire, Inferno, Sunstorm, Sureshock|
This Grindor is one of the members of the Mini-Con Street Action Team. He is portrayed as an evil version of the character from Armada and is one of the Transformers working for Unicron. He combines with his Street Action Team partners to form Perceptor.
3H Enterprises 
Grindor's only appearance, in the combined form of Perceptor, in the Universe storyline was as one of the Decepticons under the command of Reptilion in the Botcon 2004 voice actor play. He battled Silverbolt, Rattrap and Waspinator in order to secure two groups of dimensionally displaced Autobots from the RiD universe. However, the three groups of Autobots, together with a time-lost Autobot shuttle from the Great War, were able to defeat the Decepticons.
- Universe Mini-Con Grindor
- Packaged with Universe Sunstorm, a redeco of the original Armada Grindor.
Transformers: Classic 
|Sub-group||Mini-Con, Dirt Digger Team|
|Partner||Oil Slick & Dirt Rocket|
|Motto||"Mud slinging is our job, and we love a job well done."|
|Alternate Modes||Monster Truck|
The third Grindor is the leader of the Mini-Con Dirt Digger Team. Grindor's alternate mode and colors appear to be inspired by the famous monster-truck Grave Digger.
Fun Publications 
Grindor received an expanded bio in the Transformers Collectors Club issue #16.
Grindor appeared in text story A New World by Fun Publications. He was one of the Mini-Cons who sided with Broadside in overthrowing Modus Prime. The Dirt Digger Team sabotaged the beacon set up on Cybertron to signal the Autobots to return. When they were discovered by Hacksaw they Dirt Digger team attacked him.
- Classic Mini-Con Grindor (2006)
- Several Mini-Con teams originally intended for release under the Transformers: Cybertron banner were released late and relabeled Classic to expand the toyline further.
Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen 
|Sub-group||Fast Action Battlers, Legends, Voyagers|
|Motto||"Objectives will win a battle, but it is sheer ruthlessness that will win a war."|
|Alternate Modes||CH-53E Super Stallion/MH-53M Pave Low IV helicopter|
|Series||Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen|
|English voice actor||Frank Welker (film)
Fred Tatasciore (video game)
The fourth Grindor is a Decepticon in the 2009 film Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen. Grindor's helicopter mode, the CH-53E Super Stallion, is missing the radar nose bulb; but in robot mode, it is seen on the left hand side next to his head just like the one seen on Blackout in the 2007 film.
The CG model for Blackout (same head) and a similar model of helicopter (CH-53E 'Super Stallion') was used for Grindor in Revenge of the Fallen.
Fictional biography 
Grindor is a born soldier. He is both a highly talented fighter, and an instinctive strategist. Every moment of a battle is laid out in his head before the first shot is ever fired. He is so talented at anticipating his enemy's moves that he is almost never surprised. Whenever he can, he ensures himself a place at the direct center of a fight so that he can bring his powerful weaponry to bear on the Autobots around him, destroying as many as he can as quickly as possible.
Grindor captures Sam, Mikaela and Leo after they escape the Decepticon Pretender Alice.The Decepticon then delivers them to an old warehouse where Megatron and Starscream interrogate Sam. Later in the film, Grindor, Megatron and Starscream battle Optimus Prime in a forest. Optimus Prime kills Grindor by using his Energon hooks to tear his head into pieces. In the Imax version Grindor does lay one hit on Optimus Prime near his bottom side of his chest with his saw similar to Starscream. Grindor suffers the most damage in the movie one is when Optimus elbowed him in the face and also when Optimus Prime slashes off his arm when he uses his weapon blades and send it flying to the Decepticon Leader Megatron.
In the Nintendo DS game Revenge of the Fallen: Decepticons, Grindor, Sideways, Soundwave and Starscream greet a new Decepticon protoform and send him on a mission. In the Autobots variant of the game the play must eliminate Grindor.
Other media 
Grindor is one of the Decepticons featured in Transformers: The Ride at Universal Studios theme parks. In the ride, Grindor chases the Autobot Evac, who has possession of the AllSpark shard, but his arm is severed by a subway train during the chase.
Although he is depicted as a CH-53E Super Stallion helicopter in the film and video game, the toy line reuses the Blackout MH-53 Pave Low molds (which are based on the CH-53E) for his character.
- Revenge of the Fallen Legends Grindor (2009)
- A light gray recolor of Legends Blackout.
- Revenge of the Fallen Fast Action Battlers Grindor (2009)
- A light gray redeco of Fast Action Battlers Blackout.
- Revenge of the Fallen Voyager Grindor (2009)
- A light gray recolor of Voyager Class Blackout. Comes with a black Scorponok mini-figure. This toy's fuselage is 25 centimeters long, while an actual Pave Low helicopter is 2235 centimeters long. This gives it a scale of about 1/89. With a robot toy height of 19 centimeters, Grindor should stand about 55 feet tall.
- This toy was also packaged with Voyager Ratchet in a 2-pack called "Surface to Air Showdown"
- Transformers Bombing Run Battle Legends Grindor (2010)
- A gift set featuring a yellow/green recolor of Deluxe Cannon Bumblebee and a tan camouflage redeco of Legends Grindor.
- Furman, Simon (2004). Transformers: The Ultimate Guide. DK Publishing Inc. p. 123. ISBN 1405304618.
- Transformers Animated: The Allspark Almanac by Jim Sorenson & Bill Forester page 123
- TFW2005.com - Scrap Iron vs. Grindor
- Seibertron.com - Grindor
- Greg Sepelak and S. Trent Troop (2007). The New World. Fun Publications.
- TFW2005.com - Official Images from Transformers ROTF Game
- http://www.gamespot.com/ps3/adventure/transformersrevengeofthefallen/video/6212484 Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen - Grindor Takes Out Telecommunication Towers Gameplay Movie
- Seibertron.com - Surface-to-Air Showdown