|Origin||Atlanta, Georgia, United States|
|Labels||Gigantic, Cargo Records, My Anxious Mouth, Inc.|
|Past members||Peter Delorenzo, Matt McCalvin, Christopher Kaufmann|
Gringo Star is an American indie rock group consisting of two musicians from Atlanta, Georgia. The group was founded in 2008 by brothers Nicholas and Peter Furgiuele, along with Peter Delorenzo and Matt McCalvin, later replaced by Christopher Kaufmann. Delorenzo left the band in 2012 and Kaufmann in 2013.
Their critically acclaimed debut All Y'all was self-released in 2008 and subsequently distributed in Europe by Cargo Records. It was produced by Grammy Award-winner Ben H. Allen. The album was rated one of the top albums of the decade and received many favorable reviews.
The band signed to Brooklyn-based record label Gigantic Music for Count Yer Lucky Stars, released on October 25, 2011. It was also produced by Allen and engineered by James Salter. It, too, received high marks for the quality of the songs. The album made many lists for one of the best albums of the year. See, e.g.,,
The Band has a new album entitled Floating Out To See that they recorded, mixed, and produced themselves, at Studio 234 Atlanta, released Oct 22, 2013, on their own label My Anxious Mouth, Inc. This album, too, garnered positive attention, some music writers picking it as one of the 10 best albums of the year.
Their song, "Find a Love" from "Floating Out to See" was featured as the "song of the day" by KEXP. The song "Shadow" from Count Yer Lucky Stars was featured on NPR's All Songs Considered in its 2011 Fall Music Preview. The band was featured in a 2011 award-winning documentary, Hurry up and Wait. The band has shared the stage with numerous other groups and musicians, including Best Coast, the Black Lips, and J Roddy Walston and the Business. In 2012 the band played the SuperBowl Village. Gringo Star playing the SuperBowl Village 2012
- "Gringo Star - All Yall". Cargo Records. Retrieved 13 April 2014.
- Radford, Chad (9 March 2010). "Gringo Star signs with Cargo, screens documentary at SXSW". Creative Loafing. Retrieved 13 April 2014.
- http://lesenfantsterriblesmusic.blogspot.com/2010/08/album-review-gringo-star-all-yall.html http://www.theaquarian.com/2009/01/19/shooting-from-the-hip-gringo-star-all-yall/ http://www.qromag.com/reviews/album_reviews/gringo_star_all_yall/ http://pitchfork.com/reviews/albums/12745-all-yall/ http://www.pastemagazine.com/articles/2008/10/gringo-star-all-yall.html http://www.popmatters.com/review/67671-gringo-star-all-yall/ http://www.hearya.com/2008/10/13/gringo-star-all-yall/ http://blurtonline.com/review/gringo-star-all-yall-2/
- Daigle, Madeline (9 November 2011). "Gringo Star's Count Yer Lucky Stars". The Wild Honey Pie. Retrieved 13 April 2014.
- http://www.rollingstone.com/music/albumreviews/count-yer-lucky-stars-20111214, http://boston.thebackstagebeat.com/2011/10/gringo-star-count-yer-lucky-stars/, http://www.logicfuzzy.com/2011/12/album-review-gringo-star-count-yer.html?spref=fb http://www.stompandstammer.com/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=4074&Itemid=1 http://jesterjaymusic.blogspot.com/2011/10/cd-review-gringo-star-count-yer-lucky.html http://consequenceofsound.net/2011/10/album-review-gringo-star-count-yer-lucky-stars/ http://www.spacecityrock.com/2011/10/17/gringo-star-count-yer-lucky-stars/ http://www.earbuddy.net/983/gringo-star-count-yer-lucky-stars-2.html/reviews http://www.thewheelsstillinspin.com/2011/10/gringo-star-count-yer-lucky-stars.html http://www.cpr.org/openair/story/gringo-star-count-yer-lucky-stars http://performermag.com/record-review-gringo-star/ http://readbuzz.com/music/2011/gringo-star-count-yer-lucky-stars http://wpgu.com/2011/10/gringo-star-dazzles-with-count-yer-lucky-stars/ http://www.syffal.com/album-review-gringo-star-count-yer-lucky-stars?fb_ref=.TsvVPM5N68w.like&fb_source=profile_multiline http://rvamag.com/articles/full/13392/rva-no-7-record-reviews http://www.atlantamusicguide.com/2011/10/24/cd-review-gringo-star-count-yer-lucky-stars-playing-star-bar-november-9/
- White, Dawson. "Gringo Star – "Floating Out to See"". The Blue Indian. Retrieved 13 April 2014.
- "Gringo Star – Floating Out To See Review". Don't Look Down. 26 October 2013. Retrieved 13 April 2014.
- Plyler, Britta (15 January 2014). "Song of the Day: Gringo Star - Find a Love". KEXP. Retrieved 13 April 2014.
- "Fall Music Preview". All Songs Considered. NPR. 13 September 2011. Retrieved 13 April 2014.
- "Hurry Up And Wait". Retrieved 13 April 2014.
- "Best Coast". Songkick. 19 May 2010. Retrieved 13 April 2014.
- "J. Roddy Walston & The Business Gringo Star, The Diamond Light". Ticketfly. Retrieved 13 April 2014.