|Origin||Atlanta, Georgia, United States|
|Labels||Gigantic, Cargo Records, My Anxious Mouth, Inc.|
|Past members||Peter Delorenzo, Matt McCalvin, Christopher Kaufmann|
Gringo Star is an American indie rock group consisting of two musicians from Atlanta, Georgia. The group was founded in 2008 by brothers Nicholas and Peter Furgiuele, along with Peter Delorenzo and Matt McCalvin, later replaced by Christopher Kaufmann. Delorenzo left the band in 2012 and Kaufmann in 2013.
Their critically acclaimed debut All Y'all was self-released in 2008 and subsequently distributed in Europe by Cargo Records. It was produced by Grammy Award-winner Ben H. Allen. The album was rated one of the top albums of the decade and received many favorable reviews.
The band signed to Brooklyn-based record label Gigantic Music for Count Yer Lucky Stars, released on October 25, 2011. It was also produced by Allen and engineered by James Salter. It, too, received high marks. The album made many lists for one of the best albums of the year. See, e.g.,
The Band has a new album entitled Floating Out To See that they recorded, mixed, and produced themselves, at Studio 234 Atlanta, released Oct 22, 2013, on their own label, My Anxious Mouth Records. This album, too, garnered positive attention, some music writers picking it as one of the 10 best albums of the year with one saying that it was testament of what can be done if you take a risk or simply use your imagination.  As more people discover the album, the accolades continue to roll in. 
Their song, "Find a Love" from "Floating Out to See" was featured as the "Song of the Day" by KEXP. The song "Shadow" from Count Yer Lucky Stars was featured on NPR's All Songs Considered in its 2011 Fall Music Preview. The band was featured in a 2011 award-winning documentary, Hurry up and Wait. Gringo Star has shared the stage with numerous other groups and musicians, including Best Coast, the Black Lips, and J Roddy Walston and the Business. In 2012 the band played the Super Bowl Village. Gringo Star has played many music festivals, including Lollapalooza, Secret Stages, Bunbury, Forecastle, SunFest  at the Big Guava Festival in May 2014, and they will soon be appearing at the Northside Festival in Brooklyn from June 12 to June 14, 2014.
- "Gringo Star - All Yall". Cargo Records. Retrieved 13 April 2014.
- Radford, Chad (9 March 2010). "Gringo Star signs with Cargo, screens documentary at SXSW". Creative Loafing. Retrieved 13 April 2014.
- "WTSR’s Top 1000 Albums of the Decade - WTSR 91.3FM". Wtsr.org. Retrieved 2014-08-12.
- http://lesenfantsterriblesmusic.blogspot.com/2010/08/album-review-gringo-star-all-yall.html http://www.theaquarian.com/2009/01/19/shooting-from-the-hip-gringo-star-all-yall/ http://www.qromag.com/reviews/album_reviews/gringo_star_all_yall/ http://pitchfork.com/reviews/albums/12745-all-yall/ http://www.pastemagazine.com/articles/2008/10/gringo-star-all-yall.html http://www.popmatters.com/review/67671-gringo-star-all-yall/ http://www.hearya.com/2008/10/13/gringo-star-all-yall/ http://blurtonline.com/review/gringo-star-all-yall-2/
- Daigle, Madeline (9 November 2011). "Gringo Star's Count Yer Lucky Stars". The Wild Honey Pie. Retrieved 13 April 2014.
- http://www.rollingstone.com/music/albumreviews/count-yer-lucky-stars-20111214, http://boston.thebackstagebeat.com/2011/10/gringo-star-count-yer-lucky-stars/, http://www.logicfuzzy.com/2011/12/album-review-gringo-star-count-yer.html?spref=fb http://www.stompandstammer.com/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=4074&Itemid=1 http://jesterjaymusic.blogspot.com/2011/10/cd-review-gringo-star-count-yer-lucky.html http://consequenceofsound.net/2011/10/album-review-gringo-star-count-yer-lucky-stars/ http://www.spacecityrock.com/2011/10/17/gringo-star-count-yer-lucky-stars/ http://www.earbuddy.net/983/gringo-star-count-yer-lucky-stars-2.html/reviews http://www.thewheelsstillinspin.com/2011/10/gringo-star-count-yer-lucky-stars.html http://www.cpr.org/openair/story/gringo-star-count-yer-lucky-stars http://performermag.com/record-review-gringo-star/ http://readbuzz.com/music/2011/gringo-star-count-yer-lucky-stars http://wpgu.com/2011/10/gringo-star-dazzles-with-count-yer-lucky-stars/ http://www.syffal.com/album-review-gringo-star-count-yer-lucky-stars?fb_ref=.TsvVPM5N68w.like&fb_source=profile_multiline http://rvamag.com/articles/full/13392/rva-no-7-record-reviews http://www.atlantamusicguide.com/2011/10/24/cd-review-gringo-star-count-yer-lucky-stars-playing-star-bar-november-9/
- "Maniac - Article". AbsolutePunk.net. Retrieved 2014-08-12.
- "Best Albums of 2013: Picks from Staff Writer Melissa Caruso". Elmore Magazine. 2014-01-01. Retrieved 2014-08-12.
- White, Dawson. "Gringo Star – "Floating Out to See"". The Blue Indian. Retrieved 13 April 2014.and
- "Gringo Star – Floating Out To See Review". Don't Look Down. 26 October 2013. Retrieved 13 April 2014.
- Name *. "ALBUM REVIEW: Gringo Star "Float Out To See"". audiofemme. Retrieved 2014-08-12.
- Partridge, Kenneth (2013-10-28). "Gringo Star – Floating Out To See | Album Reviews". Consequence of Sound. Retrieved 2014-08-12.
- In, Shrum. "Album Review: Gringo Star – “Floating Out To See”". New Noise Magazine. Retrieved 2014-08-12.
- Wendleton, Jason (2013-12-12). "FLOATING OUT TO SEE By Gringo Star". Defending Axl Rose. Retrieved 2014-08-12.
- Darrin Snider (2014-05-26). "The Gringos are Coming! The Gringos are Coming! (Indy In-Tune Blog)". Indyintune.com. Retrieved 2014-08-12.
- Plyler, Britta (15 January 2014). "Song of the Day: Gringo Star - Find a Love". KEXP. Retrieved 13 April 2014.
- "Fall Music Preview". All Songs Considered. NPR. 13 September 2011. Retrieved 13 April 2014.
- "Hurry Up And Wait". Retrieved 13 April 2014.
- "Best Coast". Songkick. 19 May 2010. Retrieved 13 April 2014.
- "J. Roddy Walston & The Business Gringo Star, The Diamond Light". Ticketfly. Retrieved 13 April 2014.
- "Black Lips/Gringo Star @ Maxwell's: Who Do You Love?". Music Snobbery. 2008-06-03. Retrieved 2014-08-12.
- "Super Bowl Events: Thursday holds full slate of activities for Super Bowl guests - Page 2". Daily Pilot. 2012-02-02. Retrieved 2014-08-12.
- BWW News Desk. "BMI Announces Line-up Of Performers For Lollapalooza Festival Held 8/7-9". Broadwayworld.com. Retrieved 2014-08-12.
- Milly Carluccio. "GRINGO STAR interview at Lollapalooza 09 (c6tv)". YouTube. Retrieved 2014-08-12.
- "Secret Stages". Bhamwiki. Retrieved 2014-08-12.
- Emily Maxwell, WCPO Digital (2014-08-01). "Bunbury Music Festival 2013: A guide to this year's festival - Story". Wcpo.com. Retrieved 2014-08-12.
- "KY, Louisville - 07.10-12.09 - Forecastle w/ lots of bands & DJs [Archive". Bluelight. Retrieved 2014-08-12.
- Fischer, Reed (2010-03-24). "SunFest's New Music Night: These United States, Crash Kings, Constellations, Gringo Star, and We Are Scientists | Miami New Times". Blogs.miaminewtimes.com. Retrieved 2014-08-12.
- "2014 Music Lineup". Northside Festival. Retrieved 2014-08-12.
- GRINGO STARMay 4, 2014 (2014-05-04). "Gringo Star". Bigguavafest.com. Retrieved 2014-08-12.
- "Gringo Star | SPIN | Profiles | Spotlight". SPIN. 2008-11-05. Retrieved 2014-08-12.