From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
|Look up grip in Wiktionary, the free dictionary.|
Grip may refer to:
- Battery grip, an accessory for camera
- "Grip", a raven, is an important character in Charles Dickens' Barnaby Rudge
- "Grip", a dog is a minor character in Henry Kingsley's Ravenshoe
- Grip (job), a job in the film industry
- Key grip, the chief grip on a film set
- Grip strength, a measure of hand strength
- Grippers, exercise machines used to increase hand strength
- Handle (grip), a part of, or attachment to, an object, allowing it to be moved or used by hand
- Pistol grip, the handle of a firearm, or a similar handle on a tool
- Power grip, one way of gripping objects
- Precision grip, another way of gripping objects, which allows finer control
- Handbag or luggage circa 1940s
- Gas Reduction Injection Process, used to reduce higher weighted molecular hydrocarbons from mid-stream natural gas fueling operations.
- Grip (auto racing), the cornering performance of a race car
- Grip (badminton), how a badminton racket is held
- Grip (gymnastics), a device worn on the hands of gymnasts
- Grip (cricket bowling), how a cricket ball is held by a bowler
- Grip (sport fencing), the hilt of a sword
- Grip (tennis), how a tennis racket is held
- Grip, Norway, an archipelago, former municipality, and deserted fishing village in Norway
People with the surname
- Jouko Grip (born 1949), Finnish Paralympic athlete
- "Grip!" (Every Little Thing song)
- "Grip" / "London Lady", or "(Get A) Grip (On Yourself)" The Stranglers debut single 1977
- "Grip" by Lucid Dream Composed by John Tejada
- "Grip" by Inspiral Carpets
- "Grip" by Rollins Band, Henry Rollins
- Coordinated Regional Incident Management, a nationwide emergency management procedure in the Netherlands
- Governor's Road Improvement Program, a program in the State of Georgia to link populations of 2,500 or more to the Interstate Highway System
- Greenland ice core project, a scientific project to drill to the bed of the Greenland ice sheet
- Governance for Railway Investment Projects, formerly "Guide to Railway Investment Projects", a system used by Network Rail to manage railway infrastructure projects.
- Group Intervention Panel, a UK-based project which works with young people at risk of becoming involved in crime
- Gas Reduction Injection Process a method to reduce high BTU fuel Gas, primarily used in mid-stream natural gas operations.
|This disambiguation page lists articles associated with the same title.
If an internal link led you here, you may wish to change the link to point directly to the intended article.