From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
|Look up Groningen in Wiktionary, the free dictionary.|
Groningen is a city in the Netherlands.
Groningen may also refer to:
- Groningen (province), a province of the Netherlands of which Groningen is the capital city
- Lordship of Groningen, the name under which the province was ruled by the Habsburg between 1536 and 1594
- Grøningen, a Norwegian lake
- Groningen, Suriname, a town in the Saramacca District, Suriname
- Groningen, Minnesota, a unincorporated community in Minnesota, United States
- Groningen, Michigan, United States
- Gröningen, a town in Saxony-Anhalt, Germany
- Groeningen (North Brabant), a village in North Brabant, Netherlands
- Groningen (cattle), a breed of dairy cattle from the province of Groningen, black or red with a white head
- Groningen epidemic, an 1826 malaria epidemic that occurred in the city of Groningen
- Groningen 1946 chess tournament, an international chess tournament in the city of Groningen
- Groningen gas field, a natural gas field in province of Groningen
- FC Groningen, the football club from Groningen, Netherlands
- Groningen Grizzlies, the Groningen ice hockey club
|This disambiguation page lists articles about distinct geographical locations with the same name.
If an internal link led you here, you may wish to change the link to point directly to the intended article.