From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Groningen is a city in the Netherlands.
Groningen may also refer to
- Groningen (province), a Netherlands province of which Groningen is the capital
- Lordship of Groningen, the name under which the province was ruled by the Habsburg between 1536 and 1594.
- Grøningen, a Norwegian lake
- Groningen, Suriname
- Groningen, Minnesota
- Groningen, Michigan
- Gröningen, a town in Saxony-Anhalt, Germany
- Groeningen (North Brabant), the Netherlands, village
- Other uses
- Groningen (cattle), a breed of dairy cattle from Groningen, black or red with a white head
- Groningen epidemic, a malaria epidemic that occurred in 1826
- Groningen 1946 chess tournament - the first major international chess tournament to be held after World War II.
- Groningen gas field, a giant natural gas field in Groningen province in the Netherlands.
- FC Groningen, the football club from Groningen, Netherlands
- Groningen Grizzlies, the Groningen ice hockey club
|This disambiguation page lists articles about distinct geographical locations with the same name.
If an internal link led you here, you may wish to change the link to point directly to the intended article.