Grossmont Middle College High School
|Grossmont Middle College High School|
|Location||8800 Grossmont College Dr.,
El Cajon, California, USA
|District||Grossmont Union High School District|
|Colors||Green and Yellow (unofficial)|
|Website||Grossmont Middle College|
Grossmont Middle College High School (GMCHS) is a high school in San Diego County, California.
Founded in 2001, GMCHS is located on the Grossmont College campus and is run entirely by two teachers, a secretary and a counselor. GMCHS is a WASC-accredited alternative high school, providing a bridge to college education and career training. Juniors and seniors who are capable of succeeding at the college level and who are not challenged by traditional high school work have the opportunity to complete requirements for high school graduation while earning college credits and obtaining job experience.
Open by application to students living throughout San Diego County, GMCHS best suits bright and mature students interested in a serious learning environment who are out of place in the traditional, comprehensive high school. They take high school English, social studies and study skills courses taught by district instructors while completing an internship in an area related to their chosen career path. In addition, all students are required to complete a minimum of six college credits per semester. These credits either fulfill high school graduation or college general education requirements. (from the GMCHS website)
GMCHS offers the comfort of a small school with big school course offerings; a high school diploma with college credits; a supportive environment with individualized attention; enrichment; challenge; and a head start for the future. (from the GMCHS website)
Grossmont Middle College High School provides a bridge from school to career utilizing real life experiences via internships and enriched and challenging educational opportunities. Their mission is to assist college capable students in the successful completion of high school while concurrently completing coursework that earns college credit and meets freshman entrance requirements.
GMCHS students will:
- fulfill high school graduation requirements.
- successfully transition from high school to college.
- complete nearly one year of college credits.
- establish career pathways and post-high school plans.
- participate in the world of work through internship/service learning experiences.
- secure acceptance to post high-school institutions of higher learning.
- challenge themselves and fulfill their potential.
- Grossmont Middle College High School
- Grossmont Middle College High School Website
- Grossmont Union High School District Website
- Ahead of the Curve: Ambitious Grossmont Middle College High juniors and seniors complete university courses while in high school