Grossology (TV series)
|Created by||Sylvia Branzei|
Michael Cohen Mia Talerico
M. Christian Heywood
|Country of origin||Canada|
|No. of seasons||2|
|No. of episodes||52|
|Running time||24 minutes|
|Production company(s)||Nelvana Limited|
|Original run||September 29, 2006 – October 24, 2009|
Grossology is a Canadian animated television series produced by Nelvana, and based loosely on the non-fictional children’s book series of the same name by Sylvia Branzei. It debuted on the YTV network in Canada on September 29, 2006, and was broadcast on Discovery Kids (now Discovery Family) in the United States on January 13, 2007. It also aired on Jetix on June 2, 2007 and Kix! from September 15, 2008 in the United Kingdom and on ABC TV in Australia in December 2007.
The first season consists of 26 half-hour installments, and the second season has premiered on September 2008. The principal character designs were done by Faruk Cemalovic.
The French title of this series in Canada is Glurp Attack.
Ty and Abby are a teen brother and sister crime-fighting team who report to the Bureau of Grossology, a secret government facility whose job is to protect the city from disgusting villains and their gross crimes. Each episode of the series follows the pair on adventures based on real scientific facts. Aided by their friend Lab Rat (a human scientist) baby sister Annabelle and their boss The Director, Ty and Abby work to keep the city safe, all while keeping their identities hidden.
- Abigail "Abby" Archer (voiced by Krystal Meadows) - Abby unravels mysteries so disgusting that no adult will touch them. She loves everything gross and slimy – nothing grosses her out. Abby likes to test her limits to see if there is something so gross, so slimy, so disgusting, that it will make even her, the Queen of Squeam, turn green. So far nothing has come close. Although she closely resisted gagging at gross sights on a rare number of occasions, such as in the episodes "The Slim Slime Man" and "Go Fish", the only exception was in the episode "Yack Attack", when she unknowingly drank contaminated water and threw up. She gets covered in slop the most, and being dirty has yet to affect her trademark ponytail. On the field, she is a competent fighter. She holds a severe grudge against not only villains like Lance Boil, but her school rival Paige. Unlike her younger brother and sister Ty and Annabelle, she is athletic and depends on her instincts and feelings at times, however sometimes her feelings cloud her judgment when she has an affection for the suspect in question. Throughout the series she has shown interest in drama and sports like volleyball. She is scared of leeches as shown in the episode "Vein Drain". In the episode "When Allergies Attack" she was shown to develop an allergy to ladybugs. Abby and Ty share ownership of their kitten, hairball. She also tried out for the volleyball team at the goading of her father Harvey, who wanted her to live his dream through her.
- Annabelle "Anna" archer (Mia Talerico) is the youngest grossologist and baby sister of ty and Abby. She is generally portrayed as being happy. It sometimes takes a few tries to get her to do the right thing. Anna can also be mischievous at times. Many of the archer twins' adventures revolve around Anna. Both her older siblings, Ty and Abby, are often seen using Charlie for their own benefit, although Abby shows that he cares about her deeply. ty seems to dislike Anna the most although, in some episodes, he is seen being quite fond of her. petunia thinks of Charlie as the perfect baby. It was revealed in "go fish", that it was Abby's idea to nickname her Charlie. Charlie speaks more often in later episodes of seasons two and three. Anna was born on ty and abbys double second birthday; she responded to this by "I like this present." In season three, her personality begins to develop, as she is seen as sneaky and mischievous, such as pretending to like a doll Amy bought for her to like Ty, then throwing it away when she was not looking; and also telling Amy's "friends" what she really thinks of them, causing her to lose them all. Also, she can be seen as liking her momma petunia as in the episode "its gotta be the shoes" when she asks petunia if she likes her.
- Tyler "Ty" Archer (voiced by Michael Cohen) - Ty is Abby's little brother and a hard kid to face. His cool, analytical mind takes everything in. He sees himself as a scientist and he takes his job very seriously, too seriously if you listen to Abby. In his mind, science is everything, and his goal is to be remembered with the very best in his field. He and Lab Rat share many common interests. On the field, Ty pilots the GRS-1 and is great at strategic maneuvers. His quick thinking has saved the day many times. His utility pack doubles up as a jet pack. Ty owns a chemistry set at home and often does analyses on things he finds (e.g. Hairball’s hairballs). He gets tongue tied around his love interest Naomi. It was hinted in the episode “Queen for a Day” that he is afraid of clowns. Ty is hinted many times to be much smarter than Abby. He is also allergic to dust mites.
- Paul "Lab Rat" Squirfenherder (voiced by M. Christian Heywood) - Paul Squirfenherder is the Grossology Department's tech support, designing and building gadgets and vehicles to aid Grossologists on their missions, and he is also a friend of them. He spends so much time doing experiments that it earned him the nickname “Lab Rat”. His impressive inventory of hi-tech gadgets and encyclopedic knowledge make him invaluable to the team. He has a pet rat named Hermes, who he treats as his best friend. Lab Rat often gives Ty and Abby solutions and inventions to stop the villains. Lab Rat suffers from Agoraphobia, he only ventures out of the Gag Lab for Hermes’ well being and under the circumstance where he is forced to leave. The episode "Owl Most Foul" shows Lab Rat not only stepping out of the Gag Lab for the first time, but also wearing his blue slime suit for the first time. In the episode "Fartzilla", a robotic version of Hermes was used to break into the school cafeteria in order for Ty and Abby to investigate. Abby often jokes that he stinks due to the fact that bathing is not one of his favorite activities. Lab Rat also has a severe mango allergy.
- The Director (voiced by Paul O'Sullivan) - He is stern. He is officious. He is the man who gives the Grossologists their repulsive assignments. And he is also incredibly squeamish. The world is full of filth and germs from the Director's perspective, and he must do everything he can to keep the city, and more importantly himself, uncontaminated. Even though he dislikes his area of work, it is still better than no job (this prompting Ty to ask his sister "what exactly does he do anyway?"). The Director is known to arrogantly enter the scene when the crime is solved and take all the credit. He claims that Abby and Ty's success is because of his "great leadership skills" and a variety of other qualities. Unfortunately for him, Abby and Ty see right through his farce and make sure to it that his ego is kept in check. That isn't hard to do, since the crime scenes often unnerve the Director. (For example, he once claimed to have an iron-cast stomach in front of The Detective. After sniffing Ty's Sloppy Joe induced stench, he promptly vomited on the spot. In reply, The Detective said "Mr. Director, do you mind cleaning up your iron-cast stomach off my shoes?"). Despite his incredibly squeamish nature, he has on one known occasion, gone into the field on his own to search for his missing agents. He is allergic to cats.
- Insectiva (voiced by Lili Francks) - She was once a promising young university student who wanted to study entomology (the study of insects) until she discovered how insects are treated by science; captured and dissected. Now, armed with all sorts of bugs, she pursues an insect agenda, to wipe all people off the planet so bugs can rule again. She, like many insects, can't get past windows, therefore she is continuously running into them. She began a romantic relationship with Sloppy Joe in the Valentine's Day episode "Pucker Up". She also has a twin sister, Arachnidia, who is also her rival.
- Real Name: Cara Chitin
- First Appearance: Episode 1 ("Queen for a Day")
- Cara Chitin's last name is based on chitin, what insects' exoskeletons are made of.
- The Slim Slime Man (voiced by Neil Crone) - A bitter old sewer worker, who abnormally fused with a living slime mould while working in the sewers one day, becoming a strange giant slime creature with a ghoulish skull-like head seen inside. As he gets more powerful, he aims to cover the surface world with living slime molds.
- Real Name: Slim
- First Appearance: Episode 2 ("The Slim Slime Man")
- Fartor (voiced by Sean Cullen) - Fifteen years ago, he was just an ordinary kid. That was until his older brother Gary tortured him by stuffing his brother under the bed sheets and farting in there. During those fifteen years, he became adapted to breathing the gases in farts. Like a fish being out of water, clean air is toxic for him, so he breathes toxic gases in a dome that he wears on his body. There was only one thing Fartor wanted... revenge on his brother Gary.
- Real Name: Larry
- First Appearance: Episode 3 ("Fartzilla")
- Sloppy Joe (voiced by George Buza) - After discovering that a whiff of his stink was enough to render people unconscious, Joe vowed to never let a drop of water, soap, or deodorant touch his skin again, and turned to an easy life of crime. His plan: go from filthy, to filthy rich. Despite his stink, he is sometimes shown to be a protaganoist, like when he retired from his job to get into the holiday spirit and works as a mall Santa. When clean he is shown to be an albino. Insectiva is his girlfriend as of the Valentine's Day episode "Pucker Up".
- First Appearance: Episode 4 ("The Perfect Stink")
- Real Name: Joseph Puglowski
- The Scab Fairy (voiced by Jessica Holmes) - A crazed former beauty queen who was traumatized over a small cut to her shoulder, ending her career. Not seen since then, she used her exceptional degree in dermatology and mythology to create a high-tech dragonfly-winged suit made of scabs, and takes the identity of the Scab Fairy, based on a Tooth Fairy-like myth figure that collects scabs (rather than teeth). She is armed with a high-tech wand that removes scabs from people's wounds, and inflicts them on others. Her ultimate obsession is to inflict scabs on anyone pretty, as revenge for the loss of her old beauty queen career.
- Real Name: Helena Globin
- First Appearance: Episode 5 ("The Scab Fairy")
- Helena Globin's name is a pun on the word hemoglobin, a blood-related property.
- Lance Boil (voiced by Juan Chioran) - He was once a successful Grossologist, but grew tired of the grind. Lance Boil quit the Grossology team for never receiving much credit and soon he was fired. He also caused the Gag Lab to fill with pus, revealing his plan to take over the Bureau of Grossology. It is also shown that Ty played around with Lance's Shrink Ray, removing a part and causing Lance to blast himself and shrink. At first, Lance didn't like how he looked, but later on, he is shown to be very proud of his boil. After being fired from the team, he decided to use his skills for evil, with one goal in his twisted head revenge against all Grossologists; especially Abby Anna and Ty. Deep down Lance Boil is insecure due to being short, having a big head, and having a boil on his head. He is allergic to fish.
- Real Name: Lance Boyle
- First Appearance: Episode 6 ("When Ya Gotta Go")
- Keith Van Kobbler (voiced by Pat Mastroianni) - A popular and undefeated young basketball player, and Abby's former idol. Calls himself "VK" for short, and always refers to himself in the third person. Endorsed the "KVK-1" brand super-sneakers, which have been a runaway success, but after a short while, all wearers (including VK's opposing players, up-and-coming basketball players) suffer a severe case of foot fungus! After painstakingly examining the KVK-1 sneakers in the case, Ty and Lab Rat suspect VK himself to be the culprit, while Abby has difficulty accepting their suspicion. As it turns out, VK is indeed the culprit, with a twisted method behind his fame; he single-handedly manufactured the KVK-1 sneakers for mass consumption, and spiked them with fungus (while wearing a non-spiked "Deluxe Edition" pair for himself, of course), so that everyone will have foot fungus, and most of all, eliminate the competition, so that he will be the only basketball player in the world. His weapon is a high-tech "Wrecking Ball" basketball.
- First Appearance: Episode 9 ("It's Gotta Be the Shoes")
- Mr. Fowler (voiced by Derek McGrath) - He is the custodian at Ringworm Junior High School. He is small, timid, shy, afraid of Paige, and wears over-sized glasses. Always hums the song "4 and 20 Black Birds Baked In a Pie." He grew tired of cleaning up the excess pigeon poop around the school, so he built a giant mechanical owl suit, with which he captures pigeons and plots to put them in a pie to bake them.
- First Appearance: Episode 10 ("Owl Most Foul")
- Kid Rot (voiced by Travis Ferris) - After a science experiment mishap, young boy Chester gains the "rotting touch," with which he causes all organic materials to rot with a single touch, and also gives off a horrible smell. He becomes a new student at Ringworm Junior High School, and causes chaos upon his arrival, with a concerned Abby and Ty trying to cure him (Abby initially had feelings for him, much to Ty's suspicion). But Chester's rotting powers literally go to his head, giving him a twisted personality (even christening himself "Kid Rot"), and making him a formidable and diabolical foe for the Grossology team. Worse, he has a psychotic infatuation for Abby (who ultimately hates him, at least his prevalent Kid Rot persona), and will stop at nothing to win her heart, even going as far as to rot the entire world! His rotting powers used to be an excellent fertilizer (in a way making his science experiment a success), but the second time they met, his rotting powers had evolved to where they just kill whatever they touch. The last time we saw Kid rot he was engulfed in rot he created. Abby and Ty gave up looking for him but as the episode is about to end we see a hand (presumable Kid Rot's) sticking out from the rot and as a leaf lands on it, it's grabbed by the hand. The episode ends as we hear some heaving breathing. We have yet to know what has become of Chester/Kid Rot.
- Real Name: Chester
- First Appearance: Episode 13 ("Kid Rot")
- Dr. Cornelius Colon (voiced by Peter Keleghan) - A mad proctologist, who plots to engulf the world in a gigantic colon, starting with Ringworm Junior High School (on the last day before its Summer vacation), to take revenge on people for unsympathetically making fun of him for his unfortunate surname. Has giant tapeworms as henchmen.
- First Appearance: Episode 18 ("School's Grossed Out for Summer")
- Far-Ty - Ty as a temporary villain. Feeling he's not needed after Abby showed him up several times, Ty, trying to overcompensate for himself behind her back, was captured by Fartor, who was in the midst of planning yet another full-scale fart attack on the world. He exposes Ty to the same deadly gases that transformed him, using a special process to speed up the transformation. Now, Ty, as Far-Ty, becomes Fartor's greatest asset in carrying out his dastardly plan. And just as Fartor plotted revenge on his older brother Gary, Far-Ty carried out a twisted revenge on his older sister Abby.
- Real Name: Ty Archer
- First Appearance: Episode 20 ("Silent But Deadly Part 1" and "Silent But Deadly Part 2")
- Frankenbooger - A giant monster made of nose mucus stolen by Sloppy Joe (using a suction gun), who simply wanted to make a "boogerman" with said mucus (much like a snowman). Abby and Ty confront Sloppy Joe, and in the process, inadvertently cause an electrical accident that brings the "boogerman" to life. The monster sucks mucus out of people's noses, and the more he consumes, the larger he gets. Its only weakness is dirt particles (just like any mucus), which cause him to not only dry up, but decrease in size.
- First Appearance: Episode 24 ("Frankenbooger")
- Darko Crevasse (voiced by Julian Richings) - A gothic caped villain whose eyesight is accustomed to darkness, and therefore must wear dark glasses. He summons a huge flock of bats to drop guano on anyone who opposes him. As he cannot stand light, his ultimate plan is to plunge the city into eternal darkness. In the Halloween episode "Night of the Living Roadkill", Paige commented that he was Goth.
- First Appearance: Episode 24 ("Lights Out")
- Sarah Senia (voiced by Jayne Eastwood) - A lady whose DNA structure was crossed with that of plants. Has leaves and tendrils around her body. Plotted to use giant carnivorous plants to attack the city, and ultimately, the world.
- First Appearance: Episode 25 ("A New Leaf")
- Arachnidia (voiced by Maria Vacratsis) - Insectiva's twin sister. Unlike Insectiva, she loves arachnids, as her name suggests. She and Insectiva have had a bitter rivalry, and both pit their own respective arthropods against each other, with catastrophic results. She is the gothic version of Insectiva.
- First Appearance: Episode 27 ("Sinister Rivalry")
- Frederick Follicle (voiced by Stephen Ouimette) - A hair dresser who doesn't like to change styles. After getting kicked out of a job, he went underground doing biological experiments, and ended up with living hair.
- First Appearance: Episode 31 ("Hairless Whispers")
- Roger Pink-Eye (voiced by Lyon Smith ) - A kid with a pink eye. He is curious about Ty and Abby's extra-curricular activities, and thus sets off to find the truth about his classmates' secret identities, using various attempts to do so, but all of them end in failure. In the second season trilogy (Pinkeye and The Brain, Pinkeye's Revenge Part 1, Pinkeye's Revenge Part 2), he teams up with Lance Boil (after successfully capturing him) to find out Ty and Abby's secret. He eventually becomes a Grossologist, but he is fired/quits after his plan backfires with Lance betraying him.
- First Appearance: Episode 33 ("Mold Monster")
- Basso Profondo (voiced by Ben Campbell) - A disgraced opera star, who was once part of the Three Baritones. He's back for revenge, but this time he's singing a whole new tune; in other words, he's now a burping star.
- First Appearance: Episode 39 ("Ain’t Over Till the Fat Man Sings")
- Gary Gumdrop (voiced by Adrian Truss) - People call him the ultimate candy man, but he's just a crazy man with a big sweet tooth and a lot of rotten teeth. His plan is to make super tooth-rotting candy, pretending that they'll take care of your teeth, and distribute them to everyone, so he won't be the only one with a rotten mouth and a large craving for candy.
- First Appearance: Episode 40 ("Candy Isn’t Dandy")
- Gundy McGoober (voiced by Bruce Pirrie) - Tired of campers bringing their new electronic devices with them, Gundy uses mutated worms to scare away people from his lake.
- First Appearance: Episode 42 ("Squirm")
- Evil Clone Abby (voiced by Krystal Meadows) - She is the creation of Roger Pink-Eye and Lance Boil, used as part of a scheme to get Abby fired so that they can take over the Bureau of Grossology. She is made from a combination of human DNA and rat DNA. She attacked the city with an army of rats, and later infiltrated the Gag Lab and fired Ty and Lab Rat.
- First Appearance: Episode 46 ("Pink-Eye's Revenge (Part I)")
- Slitherbuddies - They are cute, cuddly and very adorable but these genetically modified reptiles are not so nice when they grow.
- First Appearance: Episode 48 ("Fang's A Lot")
- Harvey & Petunia Archer (voiced by Richard Binsley and Karen Hines, respectively) - Abby Anna and Ty's father and mother, respectively. Both are shown to be gullible, and as such, are completely unaware of their children's secret jobs as Grossologists. Harvey manages the city's water treatment plant while Petunia teaches entomology. Petunia has a fear of heights as shown in the episode "Squirmed".
- The Detective (voiced by Danny Wells) - A gruff, burly police detective, who occasionally works with Abby and Ty on cases, and is the only outsider who knows their secret. He bears MORE than a strong resemblance to Detective Dick Gumshoe from the Phoenix Wright series of games.
- Mr. Scheffer (voiced by Chad DeRohgth) - An often nervous and uptight teacher at Ringworm Junior High School. He has been noted to teach science (Silent But Deadly: Part 1) and direct plays (When Ya Gotta Go).
- Paige Logan (voiced by Melissa Altro)) - A popular but very snobbish girl at Ringworm Junior High, and Abby's bitter rival. However, as seen in "New Recruits", she was once actually nice to her. Her father is very rich, and her favorite color is pink. She has been noted several times throughout the second season to have a crush on a blond boy named Rudy.
- Naomi (voiced by Lauren Collins) - A shy and gentle girl at Ringworm Junior High, and Ty's love interest. She takes ballet. She also has three incredibly jockish brothers as seen in the episode "When Allergies Attack" when Ty went on a family picnic with her. It was also noticed in the previously mentioned episode that she has a long list of allergies.
- Hairball - A small orange kitten that Ty and Abby got in the episode "Go Fish". Abby, in particular, adores him.
- Back when the series was in development in 2004, the planned series was somewhat different. Background designer Brad Graham was originally slated to do the character designs & backgrounds. The character designs looked completely different, and had more of a conventional "abstract" look like most modern kids' cartoons, but many of Graham's elements remained in the final version. The more diverse Grossology team lineup consisted of Abby & Ty (who were still the main characters, only Abby had pigtails rather than the long trademark ponytail), Nigel Stodding (a British kid fashioned like 1960s secret agent Harry Palmer), Lab Rat (who was an overweight Caucasian boy, but still had Hermes, who looked somewhat identical to the final version), and a weirder assortment of kids including Pink Eye (a beatnik boy; the basis for the villain Roger Pink-Eye), Creepy Crawly (a goth girl with spiders, who may have been the basis for the adult villainess Insectiva.), Sloppy Joe (a dirty spud-shaped kid, who ultimately became an adult villain for the series) and Colin Polyp (A bulb-headed kid who may have evolved into the adult villain Dr. Cornelius Colon in the final series). Abby & Ty still went to Ringworm Junior High School (which looked like a more classic-style school than the more modern one in the series), and the Gag Lab was originally a more complex underground secret base called the Grossotorium . Abby and Ty did not wear Slime Suits at this point.
- Airdates are from original Canadian broadcasts on YTV.
Season 1: (2006-2007)
|1||"Queen for a Day"||Matt Ferguson||Alice Prodanou||September 29, 2006||January 13, 2007|
|The evil Insectiva tries to employ giant, mutated termites to destroy the city. Ty and Abby with little baba sister Annabelle use termite scent to defeat Insectiva, who is currently using termite queen scent to make herself queen of the termites. Meanwhile, Abby and Paige fight over who should decorate the gym for the dance.|
|2||"Slim Slime Man"||Matt Ferguson||Hugh Duffy||October 1, 2006||January 20, 2007|
|A bitter sewer worker merges with a slime mold and turns into a monster who attempts to smother the surface dwellers in slime. Meanwhile, Ty tries to get more people to come to the cafeteria.|
|3||"Fartzilla"||Matt Ferguson||Sean Cullen||October 8, 2006||January 27, 2007|
|The villain, Fartor wreaks havoc and seeks revenge on his cruel brother by causing a fart epidemic in order to fuel a giant robot called Fartzilla.|
|4||"The Perfect Stink"||Matt Ferguson||Simon Racioppa, Richard Elliott||October 15, 2006||February 3, 2007|
|Sloppy Joe, the world’s grimiest takes all the worst smells in the world and makes a giant stink bomb. Meanwhile Ty asks Naomi out on a date|
|5||"The Scab Fairy (a.k.a.: This Scab's For You)"||Matt Fergus||Ben Joseph||October 22, 2006||February 10, 2007|
|A former beauty queen invents a weapon that allows her to emulate the Scab Fairy and steal people's scabs so that she can inflict them on others. Meanwhile Harvey trains Anna to make the volleyball team|
|6||"When Ya Gotta Go"||Matt Ferguson||Robin J. Stein||October 29, 2006||February 17, 2007|
|Lance Boil builds an infrasound ray gun that causes fluctuations in people’s bowels so they get instant diarrhea.|
|7||"Club Parasites"||Matt Ferguson||Robert Tinkler||November 5, 2006||February 24, 2007|
|Insectiva's back and she creates a strain of giant mind-controlling head lice that grow on all the kids’ heads at Ringworm High as she attempts to zombify the human race to do her bidding. Ty and Abby get into a fight by calling each other names.|
|8||"Go Fish"||Matt Ferguson||Richard Clark||November 12, 2006||March 3, 2007|
|Mutant hagfish attack the town. Ty and Abby follow their slimy trail of destruction but how will they bring these former bottom dwellers to justice once they catch up to them? Meanwhile Ty and Abby get a pet kitten named Hairball while their sister Anna likes him|
|9||"It's Gotta Be the Shoes"||Matt Ferguson||Ben Joseph||November 19, 2006||March 10, 2007|
|A crazed basketball player creates a plague-like Athlete’s Foot epidemic using his new brand of popular running shoes.|
|10||"Owl Most Foul"||Matt Ferguson||Dave Dias||December 31, 2006||March 17, 2007|
|A giant Owl terrorizes the people of town and especially its pigeons. Meanwhile, Lab Rat refuses to come out of the facility room because of his fear of the outside world.|
|11||"Yack Attack"||Matt Ferguson||Alice Prodanou||January 14, 2007||March 24, 2007|
|An attack on the city's water system by Sloppy Joe (who thinks he's in vacation) creates a plague of poisoning amongst the town's people.|
|12||"The Greatest Race Ever Crawled"||Matt Ferguson||Richard Clark||January 21, 2007||March 31, 2007|
|When the GRS-1 comes up short, Ty and Lab Rat design and build the TYMOBILE, a kicking set of wheels that can crawl, leap, or otherwise get around just like your favorite insect. But when Ty’s goaded into a race by Insectiva and her cadre of giant bugs, it’s all part of her evil plan to plant ultrasonic generators in the country, allowing her to control a cloud of locusts and cover the city with the hungry insects!|
|13||"Kid Rot"||Matt Ferguson||Robin J. Stein||January 28, 2007||April 7, 2007|
|There is a new kid in school, who kind of smells. This repels most kids but attracts Ty Anna and Abby. It turns out that through a science experiment mishap he now has the ‘rotting touch’ and everything organic he touches rots immediately. Can Abby and Ty cure him, or does he really want to be cured?|
|14||"The Insider"||Matt Ferguson||Jeremy Winkels||February 4, 2007||April 14, 2007|
|When Ty personally stops the latest of Lance Boil’s evil plans, the ex-grossologist villain decides to deal with Ty once and for all. After miniaturizing himself and tricking Ty into drinking him, Lance races through Ty’s veins headed for his cerebral cortex. His plan, make Ty have absolutely zero IQ! Luckily, Anna’s not afraid to dive in after Lance – too bad Ty refuses to sit still and let her work, he’s got a school battlebots competition to win against Abby|
|15||"All Together Now"||Matt Ferguson||Ben Joseph||February 25, 2007||April 21, 2007|
|Instectiva, Lance Boil and Sloppy Joe join forces to shut down the Bureau of Grossology by afflicting the members simultaneously with villain-sized doses of horseflies, halitosis and acne, but Abby and ty just got their shots thus passing the inspection of the gag Lab. Can little baby Anna overcome these afflictions and save her home town before the Gruesome Threesome take over the city?|
|16||"Oldie But A Goodie"||Matt Ferguson||Richard Clark||March 4, 2007|
|When Abby defuses a mysterious device Lance Boil planted in the middle of town, she gets bathed in a green ray that instantly starts her aging at 6000 times the normal rate! Now, she Anna and Ty have to track down Lance, reverse the process, and stop him from unleashing the ray on the entire city, turning everyone into octogenarians! Worse, they have to do it before Abby ages her way into dust!|
|17||"Survival of the Grossest"||Matt Ferguson||Simon Racioppa, Richard Elliott||March 18, 2007||May 5, 2007|
|It’s science competition time at Ringworm Jr. High, only this time there’s a new challenger for Ty’s crown, Patrick, a kid with as much science knowledge as Ty himself. But when Ty decides to up his fruit-fly evolution project with a little mutagenic kickstart, things go wrong almost immediately. Now, he Anna and Abby are up against terrorizing fruit flies that can breed and evolve so quickly that it seems like nothing can stop them. Unless Ty’s willing to ask little Anna for a little help.|
|18||"School's Grossed Out For Summer"||Matt Ferguson||Ben Joseph||April 1, 2007||May 12, 2007|
|Ty and Abby get stuck in the school with Paige Anna and Naomi when they miss a bus that is to take them camping with their class. If this were not troubling enough, they find that a mad proctologist, Dr. Colon, is using the school as a breeding ground for a giant intestine that he intends to snake around the world. But what is his ultimate plan?|
|19||"Vein Drain"||Matt Ferguson||John Mein||April 28, 2007||May 19, 2007|
|When people start showing up with bite marks on their necks, Ty baby Anna and Abby can't help but wonder if maybe vampires aren't a myth after all. But when they dig a little deeper, they discover that it's another kind of bloodsucker that's causing trouble – leeches! Worse, Abby is deathly afraid of these hungry invertebrates. Can she overcome her fears and shed some light on the leeches' origins?|
|20||"Silent But Deadly, Part 1"||Matt Ferguson||Simon Racioppa, Richard Elliott||May 12, 2007|
|Gassy super villain Fartor returns with a scheme to fart-up the entire planet! But with a plan this big he needs help, and he’s got his sights set on Ty. What will happen to our team of Grossologists when one of them turns to the fart side?|
|21||"Silent But Deadly, Part 2"||Matt Ferguson||Simon Racioppa, Richard Elliott||May 19, 2007|
|Fartor and his new apprentice, Far-Ty join forces to drill into the planet core and turn the earth into one big gas planet. Will everyone on Earth be forced to breathe noxious gas and join Fartor’s army of the fart-breathers or will Abby be able to save her brother and the planet from a lifetime of stink!|
|22||"The King of Rottingham Forest"||Matt Ferguson||Robin J. Stein||June 2, 2007|
|Kid Rot returns and his powers are out of control. The forest is rotting and Kid Rot is behind the destruction! Will Abby Anna and Ty stop his rotting tide of evil before he destroys the planet?|
|23||"Lights Out"||Matt Ferguson||Jeremy Winkels||June 23, 2007|
|A new nocturnal villain, Darko Crevasse, plunges the city into darkness with the help of his army of creatures of the night. Ty and Anna scramble to shed some light on the problem before it’s lights out for everyone.|
|24||"Boogerman (AKA: FrankenBooger)"||Matt Ferguson||Dave Dias||July 12, 2007|
|Sloppy Joe, the world’s filthiest villain returns and this time he’s not alone. He’s created a buddy made of snot and kidnapped Ty and Abby and now its up to baby Anna to stop the booger monster before he sucks up all the mucus in town!|
|25||"A New Leaf"||Matt Ferguson||Simon Racioppa, Richard Elliott||July 21, 2007|
|Abby learns what teamwork is all about when she’s kidnapped and imprisoned in a hothouse full of giant, man-eating plants, and her only hope for survival is Insectiva!|
|26||"Heave It or Leave It (AKA: You Heave, You Leave)"||Matt Ferguson||Robin J. Stein||July 28, 2007|
|Abby and Ty are jazzed to be contestants on the hottest game show on the planet where their gross skills and iron stomachs could make them stars. Only trouble is, the show is their kidnapping and Lance Boil is behind it all! With Abby and Ty in his grasp can baby Anna stop Lance’s pus plan and save her two siblings?|
Season 2: (2008-2009)
This season has yet to air in the United States, but several episodes can be found on YouTube.
|27||"Sinister Romance"||Kevin Micallef||Richard Clark||September 6, 2008|
|When downtown turns into the site of the bug-battle of the century (insects vs. arachnids), it's up to Ty Abby and Anna to take down Insectiva and her hated twin sister, Arachnidia (after all, arachnids eat insects). But that's gonna happen if the twins can get over their own good case of siblings in love because of a magical love potion brewed by Insectiva and her newly found love bugs.|
|28||"Flushed Away"||Kevin Micallef||Matt Sheppo||September 7, 2008|
|When alligators start showing up in people's toilets, doing your business becomes risky business. But gators in the sewers are just an urban myth, they just couldn’t survive down there. Something fishy (reptilian) is definitely going on! Maybe it has something to do with the inventor, T.P. Skinner, selling the Gator-Guard 5000, a gator-in-the-toilet trapping system? Or could it be something else?|
|29||"Vertigo A Go-Go"||Kevin Micallef||Robert Pincombe, Shelley Hoffmann||September 20, 2008|
|Abby's got some serious vertigo, courtesy of Lance Boil. Thanks to a tiny nano-device lodged in her inner ear, Lance's got complete control of every move she makes. Lance looks to be the victor, unless Ty "Ear Wax" Archer and little Anna can stop him. With ears brimming with wax, Ty and his little sister immune to Lance's control. Too bad their not immune to their toughest opponent yet: Abby!|
|30||"Sloppy Joe to Go"||Kevin Micallef||Robert Pincombe, Shelley Hoffmann||September 27, 2008|
|After renouncing his time of evil (and gross) crimes, Sloppy Joe's found his perfect business venture, a fast food joint. And business couldn’t be better, well, the trash business, anyway! His portions are so big that half of the food is thrown away. Joe's sitting on a garbage gold mine, until his stuffed secret tunnels burst and it starts raining garbage. Now it's up to the Grossologists to solve the garbage crisis. That is, if they can get up off the couch, they’ve been stuffing their faces with Joe's unhealthy meal deals.|
|31||"Hairless Whispers"||Kevin Micallef||Jermeny Wrinkles||October 4, 2008|
|When a disgruntled former hair stylist (Frederick Follicle) with super-powered body hair decides he wants to launch a hair removal satellite into space, things look bad ( or rather bald) for Abby and the citizens of the city. If little baby Anna can't put a stop to his plan, no one’s going to have a bad hair day ever again!|
|32||"Stinko"||Kevin Micallef||Richard Clark||October 11, 2008|
|There’s a heat wave on, and there can't be anything worse in a heat wave than Sloppy Joe. How about Sloppy Joe, no water (thanks to Sloppy Joe clogging the reservoir drains with his armpit hair), and no deodorant (thanks to Sloppy stealing all of it)? More? How about everyone slathering on Sloppy Joe B.O. sticks, thinking they're deodorant sticks? Even more? It's up to germ and stink-protected little Anna to save the day! Okay, that's bad!|
|33||"Mold Monster"||Kevin Micallef||Robert Pincombe, Shelley Hoffmann||November 1, 2008|
|What's a little gross-crime in the name of the truth? Roger Pink-Eye steps up his attempts to solve the mystery behind Ty's and Abby's extra-curricular activities by creating a Mold Monster (by infesting cheese with black mold) to out our heroes as Grossologists! Will Ty and Abby get the double smackdown, defeat by a moldy monster and so long secret identity, or can Anna figure a way out of this mess and save her siblings?|
|34||"When Allergies Attack"||November 8, 2008|
|With Lance Boil's new super allergy-causing ray-gun wreaking havoc with Ty's love life and almost splitting up our dynamic duo (Lab Rat and Hermes that is, when Lab Rat develops an allergy to the little guy), it doesn't look like things could get worse. That is, until Lance Boil decides to drop a giant Allergy Bomb on this year's Carnival crowd so Anna must stop this and help her siblings fast.|
|35||"Pussed Off"||November 15, 2008|
|When Ringworm High students mysteriously come down with a major case of pimple-itis (zits here, there and everywhere), Ty and Abby turn to an imprisoned Lance Boil for help solving the crime. Never short on plans of his own, Lance sends the Grossologists on a wild goose chase, giving him the perfect opportunity for a pus-villain team up. But when Abby and ty are captured by lance can Anna save them?|
|36||"Ask the Dust Mites"||November 22, 2008|
|Lab Rat invents a shrinking ray to shrink the villains but he accidentally made giant dust mites. Afraid to lose his friends trust Lab Rat tries to stop his own problem but he has another problem he accidentally shrinks Anna. Meanwhile Ty and Abby suspect Arachnidia for the dust mite problem and decide to track her down.|
|37||"Turd Wars"||November 29, 2008|
|When an army of giant dung beetles pushing enormous balls of poop (with Sloppy Joe along for the ride) are about to invade, who you gonna call? The Grossologists! And if giant dung beetles, Sloppy Joe, and poop weren't enough, Insectiva's part of the plan as well. Now that's one stinky assignment!|
|38||"Spa Insectiva"||January 21, 2009|
|When an ultra-exclusive spa opens, everyone goes gaga for its new line of creams, gels, and oils, too bad they're all bug-based and created by the Insect Queen herself, Insectiva! And guess who's won a free trip to the spa? Petunia Archer, Professor of Entomology, fellow bug aficionado, and creator of a new insect repellant!|
|39||"Ain’t Over Till the Fat Man Sings"||January 22, 2009|
|When a disgraced opera star returns to the stage, he's only singing one note: revenge! But his new opera stylings aren't music to anyone's ears, unless super-powerful and destructive burps are your thing. Now it's up to Anna to get Lab Rat's powerful new antacid into the opera star before he blows (burps) them away.|
|40||"Candy Isn’t Dandy"||February 6, 2009|
|When Gary Gumdrop, the ultimate candy man, hits town with his new treat, Gary’s Gooey Gobbles, Ty’s in heaven. This candy's delicious and good for your teeth! as Anna knows cause she's a baby But when the students at Ringworm High come down with a major case of halitosis, something sour is in the air (and it's not just their breath)! Could it have something to do with sweet Gary Gumdrop?|
|41||"Swamp Gas"||February 13, 2009|
|As floating balls of light cause power outages across town, everyone fears aliens are among us, except for the Grossologists! They have something more earthly in mind, especially when the balls of light turn out to be swamp gas. But when a giant one-eyed mechanical monster attacks them in the swamp, it might be time for a second opinion. After all, who else would want to turn off the lights?|
|42||"Squirm"||Matt Sheppo||February 20, 2009|
|It's time for an Archer Family daughter/son and mother/father adventure. While Abby and ty take on some extreme sports together as brother and sister while babysitting Anna, petunia gets stuck on a fishing trip that he wishes he could have squirmed his way out of, especially when she and Harvey end up surrounded by giant angry worms!|
|43||"Let Them Eat Fruitcake"|
|It's Christmas time, and everyone but Abby is feeling the Christmas spirit, especially Sloppy Joe. But while Abby is suspicious of Joe's good intentions, Lance Boil attempts to ruin Christmas with his bacteria-ridden fruitcakes.|
|44||"New Recruits"||February 27, 2009|
|When a suspiciously simple capture of Lance Boil turns into a pus-filled trap, the captured Grossologists and Boil take a trip down memory lane revealing how Ty and Abby first met when ty was born along with Anna and how Lance became The Boil! Hopefully, there's a clue in the past to get them out of their present dilemma, stopping Lance from flooding the city with pus!|
|45||"Pinkeye & The Brain"||March 6, 2009|
|Lance Boil's been kidnapped, and there’s a long list of suspects! Could it be Insectiva? Sloppy Joe? No, it's Roger Pinkeye! That’s right, Roger's got Lance and he wants to know all of Abby's and Ty's Grossology secrets. And if the Grossologists don't find him fast, Lance just might spill the beans.|
|46||"Pinkeye’s Revenge (Part I)"||Richard Clark||March 13, 2009|
|Lance Boil and Roger Pinkeye have teamed up, and they've got a plan. They're going to make Roger's dream come true; he's going to become a Grossologist. All it's going to take is an army of rats and an evil clone of Abby! Too bad Roger's not watching out for the Lance Boil double cross!|
|47||"Pinkeye’s Revenge (Part II)"||Richard Clark||March 23, 2009|
|With Abby a prisoner, her evil clone working an inside job at the Bureau of Grossology, and Ty and Lab Rat off the team, Lance Boil looks unstoppable! Now there’s only two people that can save the day, Roger Pinkeye himself and Anna!|
|48||"Fangs A Lot"||June 15, 2009|
|When Professor Skinner's newest creation, Slitherbuddies (cute, genetically modified little snakes) hit the stores, everyone goes bonkers for them. So bonkers, in fact, that they ignore an emergency recall, until their slitherbuddies molt and become giant and deadly genetically modified snakes. Then they can’t get rid of them fast enough. Except for Abby, who just can’t seem to let go of her deadly new pet!|
|49||"Hirsute Yourself"||June 26, 2009|
|When a hairy epidemic hits, you know Frederick Follicle is back in town. But this time, he's not just controlling his own hair, he's controlling everyone else's!|
|Insectiva and Sloppy Joe are out to ruin Valentines Day and it's up to the Grossolgists to stop them. Ty and Abby's life's are at risk when Insectiva and Sloppy Joe kidnap them so its up to Anna lab rat Naomi Paige and new recruit James to save them!|
|51||"The Fart Side of the Moon"||Matt Sheppo||July 1, 2009|
|He's back and more explosive than ever, Fartor! And this time his flatulent plan is on an epic scale. He's planning to send the universe's gassiest meteor on a collision course with Earth. But before he turns our atmosphere into one big fart, he has to overcome Anna James Ty, Abby, and Lab Rat in space! Lab Rat in space?! This is possible after a new exact spacecraft clone of the Gag Lab is introduced. Will the Grossologists stop Fartor before earth becomes a gas planet literally?|
|52||"Night of the Living Roadkill"||October 24, 2009|
|In the series finale, Darko Crevasse returns with an eye to ruin Halloween using an army of zombie roadkill animals!|
The first official DVD release for this series was issued in Australia on July 2008. Two volumes are available so far:
- Grossology - Vol. 1: The Perfect Stink (Region 4 - Australia, PAL)
- Released: Wednesday, 9 July 2008
- Price: A$17.97
- Label: Magna Pacific
- Specs: Widescreen (16:9 Enhanced), Stereo (Dolby Digital 2.0)
- Running Time: 132 Minutes
- Special Features: None
- Episodes Included: "Queen For A Day", "The Slim Slime Man", "Fartzilla", "The Perfect Stink", "This Scab's for You", "When You Gotta Go"
- Grossology - Vol. 2: Yack Attack (Region 4 - Australia, PAL)
- Released: Wednesday, 9 July 2008
- Price: A$17.97
- Label: Magna Pacific
- Specs: Widescreen (16:9 Enhanced), Stereo (Dolby Digital 2.0)
- Running Time: 110 Minutes
- Special Features: None
- Episodes Included: "Club Parasites", "Go Fish", "Gotta Be The Shoes", "Owl Most Fowl", "Yack Attack",
September 2008 saw the first official DVD release in the series' native Canada. One volume is available so far:
- Grossology: The Perfect Stink (Region 1 - USA/Canada, NTSC)
- Released: Tuesday, 23 September 2008
- Price: CAN $15.99
- ASIN: B001CQS7C4
- Label: Universal Studios Home Entertainment
- Specs: Widescreen (16:9 Enhanced), Stereo (Dolby Digital 2.0)
- Running Time: 90 Minutes
- Special Features: Bonus episode of Di-Gata Defenders
- Episodes Included: "Queen For A Day", "The Slim Slime Man", "Fartzilla", "The Perfect Stink".
- Episode 13, "Kid Rot"
- The Grahams: Grossology Development
||This article's use of external links may not follow Wikipedia's policies or guidelines. (January 2015)|
- Grossology on Nick Canada
- Grossology at the Internet Movie Database
- Grossology at TV.com
- Original Grossology development art by Bradford I. Graham