Gruffydd II ap Madog, Lord of Dinas Bran
Gruffydd Maelor II (1236–1269) was Prince of Powys Fadog.
The Kingdom of Powys Fadog had previously been unified under one leader but now had five and was subjected to outside forces as well.
Death & Issue
He died in 1269 (or 1270) leaving issue:
- Madog II, succeeded his father and was killed in battle with the English in 1277.
- Gruffydd Fychan I succeeded his eldest brother in 1277 and died in 1289.
- Angharad 1308. m (after 1261) William Le Botiler of Wem, Shropshire (-1283).
Powys Fadog was divided in accordance with Welsh custom between his sons:
- Cynllaith was divided between Llywellyn and Owain.
- Gruffudd had Iâl and Edeirnion, which included Glyn Dyfrdwy.
- J. E. Lloyd, Owen Glendower: Owen Glyn Dŵr (Clarendon Press, Oxford, 1931), 9-10.