|Genres||Folk rock, folk, protest music, left, political music, türkü|
|Labels||Kalan, Cem Müzik Yapım|
|Past members||Metin Kahraman, Kemal Sahir Gürel, Hilmi Yarayıcı, İlkay Akkaya, Efkan Şeşen, Ufuk Lüker, İnan Altın|
|bağlama, davul, zurna, flute|
Grup Yorum is a Turkish band known for their political songwriting. Grup Yorum (Yorum means interpretation or comment in Turkish) has released twenty albums since 1987. Some of the group's concerts and albums were banned over the years, and some of the group members were allegedly arrested or tortured. Yorum remains popular and their albums continue to sell well in Turkey and internationally. Yorum has also given concerts in Germany, Austria, Australia, France, Italy, the Netherlands, Belgium, Denmark, United Kingdom, Greece and Syria.
The group publishes an art, culture, literature, and music magazine entitled Tavir, sample issues of which are available on the group's official website, and several group members manage a cultural center in the Ortaköy neighborhood of Istanbul called İdil Kültür Merkezi.
In 1985, 4 friends at Marmara University formed Grup Yorum. The group composition has been in a constant state of change since the group's inception, and throughout history Grup Yorum has experienced political oppression. Group members have been arrested many times, and countless trials (approximately 400) have been opened for the members. Their albums have been seized by police and their concerts banned, but despite this Grup Yorum has been one of the top selling groups in the history of Turkey. The band gave their 25th anniversary concert on 12 June 2010 in İnönü Stadium, home to sports club Beşiktaş J.K.. The concert was attended by 55,000 fans. Starting in 2011, Grup Yorum began an annual series of free concerts entitled Tam Bağımsız Türkiye, the first two of which attracted 150,000 and 250,000 fans respectively.
- 1987 - Siyrilip Gelen
- 1988 - Haziranda Ölmek Zor / Berivan
- 1989 - Türkülerle
- 1989 - Cemo / Gün Gelir
- 1990 - Gel ki Şafaklar Tutuşsun
- 1991 - Yürek Çağrısı
- 1992 - Cesaret
- 1993 - Hiç Durmadan
- 1995 - İleri
- 1996 - Geliyoruz
- 1997 - Marşlarımız
- 1998 - Boran Fırtınası
- 1999 - Kucaklaşma
- 2000 - Onbeşinci Yıl Seçmeler
- 2001 - Eylül
- 2001 - Feda
- 2003 - Biz Varz
- 2003 - Yürüyüş
- 2006 - Yıldızlar Kuşandık
- 2008 - Başeğmeden
- 2013 - Halkın Elleri
- Grup Yorum (kalan.com) – Grup Yorum at Kalan Müzik
- Kahyaoğlu, Orhan. Grup Yorum: 25 Yıl Hiç Durmadan. CanGeçlik, 2010 (Softcover). ISBN 9-750-71224-2
- Kahyaoğlu, Orhan. And Dağları'ndan Anadolu'ya 'Devrimci Müzik' Geleneği ve "Sıyrılıp gelen" Grup Yorum. neKitaplar, 2003 (Softcover). ISBN 9-752-83000-5
- "Alleged police torture against music group". Hurriyet Daily News. 19 September 2012. Retrieved 1 June 2013.
- http://www.demokrathaber.net/kultur-sanat/grup-yorum-suriyede-konser-verdi-h19910.html Grup Yorum Suriye'de konser verdi
- "Grup Yorum'a 'Sen misin direnen' davası". Radikal. 19 July 2012. Retrieved 1 June 2013.
- "İnönü'de 'Yorum' devrimi". Radikal. 14 May 2010. Retrieved 1 June 2013.
- "Grup Yorum 3. Bağımsız Türkiye Konseri 14 Nisan'da". Milliyet. 12 April 2013. Retrieved 1 June 2013.
|This article on a Turkish band or other musical ensemble is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|