||This article appears to be written like an advertisement. (December 2012)|
|This article needs additional citations for verification. (December 2012)|
|Industry||Media, entertainment, telecommunications, consumer products and tourism|
|Area served||United States
|Key people||Gustavo Cisneros (Chairman) and Adriana Cisneros de Griffin (Vice Chairman and Vice President of Strategy) Andres Cisneros Phelps (Vice Chairman and Heir)|
Venevision + Plus
SAECA Travel and Tourism
The Cisneros Group Inc. (Organización Cisneros in Spanish) is a conglomerate of companies belonging to the Venezuelan entrepreneur Gustavo Cisneros, who has stakes primarily in Venezuela, Latin America, the U.S. and Canada. It runs companies in Venezuela and the world involved in entertainment, telecommunications and consumables. Their companies and businesses range from broadcasts, television production, telecommunications and tourism development. Through its companies and associations, the company claims to have more than 550 million Spanish and Portuguese-speaking customers in the Americas and Europe, operating in more than 90 countries in five continents.
The Cisneros Group was founded in 1929 by Diego Cisneros as a small material transport business. In 1961 it acquired a television channel which would become Venevision. Gustavo Cisneros, his son, began his career in media and entertainment operations of the company. In 1970, he assumed the position of Chairman and Chief Executive Officer of the Cisneros Group of Companies. In 1985, Cisneros was the largest private corporate group in Latin America, consisting of some 50 companies and 35,000 employees. He oversaw the creation of Venevision International, which handles the distribution, marketing and production of entertainment content. Venevision currently supplies to Univision, a Spanish-language television network in the United States. Currently, Gustavo Cisneros is the Chairman of the Board of the Cisneros Group of Companies. Alongside the company's business, Gustavo Cisneros and Patricia Phelps de Cisneros, his wife, founded the Cisneros Foundation, a private non-profit education and development organization in Latin America. Adriana Cisneros de Griffin, Vice Chairman and Vice President of Strategy, has become the third generation at the head of the Cisneros Group of Companies.
The companies of the Cisneros Group include majority and minority stock in several corporations that are directly or indirectly managed through partnerships, risk-sharing companies or alliances. These include:
Free television channels
- Venevision: The largest television producer of Spanish language content in Latin America and one of the first globally, in addition to being the principal private television network in Venezuela.
Paid television channels
- Venevisión+Plus: A subscription channel distributed internationally that offers 250 hours a month of programming in Spanish.
- VmasTV: Subscription channel for entertainment of the Colombian public, with various genres and formats, such as: drama, reality shows, comedy shows, and contests.
- Novelísima: Novels and entertainment channel with diverse programming, including: talk shows, variety and humor.
- ViendoMovies: The first pay-TV channel available in the U.S. and Puerto Rico to offer Spanish-language movies around the clock and without commercial interruption. The channel features productions from Mexico, Spain, Colombia, Peru, Chile, Venezuela and the rest of the Spanish-speaking world. The target audience is U.S.-Hispanic households. The channel is packaged and distributed by Venevision International Pay TV.
Content and distribution
- Venevision International is an entertainment Company launched in 1999, which distributes of Spanish content produced by the Cisneros Group and other companies. Its programming is broadcast in more than 104 countries and 20 different languages, from the Spanish-speaking countries to the U.S. Hispanic market, Eastern Europe, the Orient, Asia and Africa.[not in citation given]
- Venevision Productions is the largest independent production Hispanic company in the United States, with programming distributed in over 90 countries.
- Venevision Studios is a facility for the production of television programming, which includes three studies, covering over 26,000 square meters, digital cameras, digital AES, which has the ability to produce programs for high-definition TV.
Entertainment and music
- Miss Venezuela
- VeneMusic: Venevision International manages the Vene Music label. The label promotes Latin music of various genres, including theme and incidental music from Cisneros TV productions. Vene Music offers the work of new Latin artists, new releases by famous stars, and compilations.
- Siente Music: Joint venture of Vene Music and Universal Music Latino, the Latin music division of Universal Music Group. The record label was created in May 2006.
- RedMas is a Hispanic mobile ad network and mobile studio. It offers design and development of mobile services, including building mobile web sites in HTML5 and mobile applications.
- Cuponidad is a company offering internet services in Latin America.
- Tropicalia is a tourism real-estate development of the Cisneros Group of Companies, located in the El Seibo Province of the Dominican Republic.
- SAECA Viajes y Turismo is a corporate travel agency in Venezuela. It offers delivery of tickets and traveler assistance in 125 countries, access to the Sabre reservations system and Internet and call center service in the United States, Europe and Latin America.
- Laboratorios Fisa manufactures and distributes personal beauty products and cosmetics in Venezuela. Its manufacturing lines includes hair care, soaps and deodorants, skin care products and fragrances for men and women.
- Americatel: Founded in April 1993, Americatel Sistemas de Comunicación C.A. long-distance telecommunications company in Venezuela. It offers corporate clients in Venezuela a "trunking" communication service, employing technology developed by Motorola, Inc. that allows a large number of users to share a relatively small number of communication paths. Americatel’s service is currently offered in Caracas, La Guaira, Maracay, Valencia, Puerto Ordaz and Maturín.
- Adams, Susan (May 6, 2011). "Adriana Cisneros and Gustavo Cisneros of Cisneros Group". Forbes Magazine. Retrieved October 29, 2013.
- Grupo Cisneros in Adriana Cisneros web
- Bachelet (2004). Gustavo Cisneros, un empresario global.
- Companies of the Cisneros Group
- Grupo Cisneros in Adriana Cisneros web
- VmasTV, Quiénes Somos
- Novelísima, Quiénes Somos
- Venevision International, Telenovelas Distribution
- Cuponidad, Quiénes Somos