|Traded as||BM&F Bovespa: PCAR3, PCAR4
|Headquarters||São Paulo, Brazil|
|Number of locations||2,037|
|Key people||Jean-Charles Naouri, (President)
Ronaldo Iabrudi, (CEO)
|Revenue||US$ 27.0 billion (2013)|
|Profit||US$ 585.0 million (2013)|
Companhia Brasileira de Distribuição trading as CBD (formerly known as Grupo Pão de Açúcar) is the biggest Brazilian company engaged in business retailing of food, general merchandise, electronic goods, home appliances and other products from its supermarkets, hypermarkets and home appliance stores. Its headquarters are in São Paulo city.
The company is the second biggest retail company in Latin America by revenue and the second largest online retailer in Brazil. The company operates its e-commerce through Nova Pontocom, a subsidiary of its subsidiary Viavarejo.
For 2013, the company planned to open more than 150 stores, targeting northeast and mid-west regions.
GPA operates through different store concepts (and different banner logos):
- Pão de Açúcar (171 supermarkets)
- Extra (208 supermarkets; 137 hypermarkets; 213 minimarkets; 159 drugstores; 83 gas stations)
- Assaí Atacadista (80 stores)
- Casas Bahia (622 stores)
- Ponto Frio (364 stores)
Currently, GPA is owned by:
- "Board of Directors and Board of Executive Officers", GPA. Retrieved on 17 September 2013.
- "4Q12 and 2013 Earnings Release", Grupo Pão de Açúcar. Retrieved 14 February 2014.
- "Contact IR." Grupo Pão de Açúcar. Retrieved on July 2, 2011. "Av. Brigadeiro Luís Antônio, 3142 Jardim Paulista ZIP Code 01402-901 São Paulo SP Brazil"
- Zacks.com (24 July 2013). "CBD's 2Q Earnings Fall Y/Y". NASDAQ (New York). Retrieved 24 July 2013.
- Cowley, Matthew & Winterstein, Paulo (6 September 2013). "Brazil Businessman Diniz to Step Down as Pão de Açucar Chairman". The Wall Street Journal. Retrieved 17 September 2013.
- "3Q14 Earnings Release". GPA. Retrieved 12 December 2014.
- "3rd Quarter 2014 Earnings Release". Viavarejo. Retrieved 12 December 2014.
- "Ownership Structure", GPA. Retrieved on 9 August 2014.