Gu Chaohao (Chinese: 谷超豪; pinyin: Gǔ Chāoháo; Wade–Giles: Ku Ch'aohao; May 15, 1926 – Jun 24, 2012) was a Chinese mathematician. He graduated from National Chekiang University (Zhejiang University) in 1948, and received a doctorate in physics and mathematical science from Moscow University in 1959. He was primarily engaged in research on partial differential equations, differential geometry, solitons, and mathematical physics. He served as vice president of Fudan University and from 1988 to 1993 as president of the University of Science and Technology of China. In 1980, he was elected an academician of the Chinese Academy of Sciences.
- Gu Chaohao, Hu H, Zhou Xixiang:Darboux Transformations in Integrable Systems 2005 Springer, ISBN 978-1-4020-3087-1
- Gu Chaohao Ed:Soliton Theory and Its Applications,Springer ISBN 9780387571126
- Differential Geometry and Differential Equations:Proceedings of a Symposium,Shanghai, 1985, Editors: M. Berger, Gu Chaohao, R.L. Bryant, Springer ISBN 9780387178493
- Gu Chaohao, Li Ta-Tsien, Hu Hesheng:Differential Geometry and Related Topics, World Scientific Pub Co, Singapore ISBN 9789812381880
- Gu Chaohao, Li Yishen Ed, Nonlinear Physics: Proceedings of the International Conference, Shanghai, Peoples Rep of China, April 24-30, 1989 Springer,ISBN 0387523898