Guam High School (Guam)
The school, a part of the Department of Defense Education Activity, serves over 500 students grades 9 through 12. The school serves children of military personnel stationed in Guam. Staff includes 46 teachers and 2 administrators. The principal is Philip Keim.
In September 1997 the DoDEA opened its own schools for children of military personnel.
Like other Department of Defense Education Activity schools on Guam, Guam High School requires school uniforms. Uniforms consist of golf shirts and oxford shirts, navy blue and white, and khaki trousers, skirts, and shorts. DODEA Pacific officials began implementing uniforms at the schools in the northern hemisphere fall of 2007; students received a period to adjust, then uniforms became mandatory in January 2008.
Athletic activities at the school include:
- Cross country
- American football
- Soccer (football)
Other organizations include:
- [ Navy Junior Reserve Officer Training Corps](NJROTC)
- Junior Science and Humanities Symposium (JSHS)
- Model United Nations (MUN)
- Music Festival
- Speech/Arts Winter Festival
- A school wide CCTV morning broadcast under the name of Panther News Network (PNN)
- Student Government & Class Councils
- "School Uniforms." Department of Defense Education Activity Pacific - Guam. Retrieved on October 12, 2010.
- Weaver, Teri. "Students on Guam go for a uniform look." Stars and Stripes. August 23, 2007. Retrieved on October 12, 2010.
|This Guamanian school-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|