Guangzhou International Finance Center
|Guangzhou International Finance Centre|
Guangzhou International Finance Centre
|Location||5 Zhujiang Avenue West
Guangzhou, Guangdong, China
|Construction started||December 2005|
|Cost||GB£280 million |
|Architectural||438.6 m (1,439 ft)|
|Roof||437.5 m (1,435 ft)|
|Top floor||415.1 m (1,362 ft)|
|Observatory||415.1 m (1,362 ft)|
4 below ground
|Floor area||250,095 m2 (2,692,000 sq ft)|
|Design and construction|
Architecture Design Institute of South China University of Technology
|Main contractor||China State Construction
Guangzhou Municipal Construction Group JV
|Number of rooms||374|
Guangzhou International Finance Centre (simplified Chinese: 广州国际金融中心; traditional Chinese: 廣州國際金融中心; Mandarin Pinyin: Guǎngzhōu Guójì Jīnróng Zhōngxīn; Jyutping: gwong2 zau1 gwok3 zai3 gam1 jung4 zung1 sam1) or Guangzhou West Tower (simplified Chinese: 广州西塔; traditional Chinese: 廣州西塔; Mandarin Pinyin: Guǎngzhōu Xītǎ; Jyutping: gwong2 zau1 sai1 taap3) is a 103-storey, 438.6 m (1,439 ft) skyscraper at Zhujiang Avenue West in the Tianhe District of Guangzhou, Guangdong, China. The building was topped out at the end of 2008. It is a part of the Guangzhou Twin Towers.
Construction of the building, designed by Wilkinson Eyre, broke ground in December 2005, and completed in 2010. The building is used as a conference centre, hotel and office building. Floors 1 through 66 are used as offices, floors 67 and 68 are for mechanical equipment, floors 69 to 98 have a Four Seasons Hotel with the lobby being on the 70th floor, and floors 99 and 100 are used as an observation deck. The building was completed in 2010.
The building was previously known as Guangzhou West Tower and had a related project, the proposed Guangzhou East Tower, which, at 475 m (1,558 ft), would have been even taller, though that project has been awarded to a different design by Kohn Pedersen Fox, the 530 m (1,740 ft) Chow Tai Fook Centre.
- Chow Tai Fook Centre
- List of tallest buildings in Guangzhou
- List of buildings with 100 floors or more
- "Guangzhou Four Seasons Hotel". Wilkinson Eyre. Retrieved 6 May 2013.
- Guangzhou International Finance Center at CTBUH Skyscraper Database
- Guangzhou International Finance Center at Emporis
- Guangzhou International Finance Center at SkyscraperPage
- Guangzhou International Finance Center at Structurae
- "Guangzhou International Finance Centre : Projects : WilkinsonEyre.Architects". Wilkinson Eyre. Retrieved 15 June 2010.
- "Guangzhou International Finance Center". Wilkinson Eyre. Retrieved 6 May 2013.
- "Guangzhou East Tower : Projects". Wilkinson Eyre. Retrieved 15 June 2010.
- "Chow Tai Fook Centre, Guangzhou". SkyscraperPage. Retrieved 19 June 2010.
- "Guangzhou International Finance Centre in China wins 2012 RIBA Lubetkin Prize". Architecture. Retrieved 6 November 2012.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Guangzhou West Tower.|