He made his debut in the French Rally Cup, driving a Citroën Saxo, and after the successes on 2003, he became an official Citroën driver. On 2006, after winning the 2005 Dakar Challenge, he attended for his first Dakar, driving a BMW X3, winning a stage and finishing 9th on final classification.
Later that year, after achieving a great results series, including 3rd place on Tunisia Rally, and winnings on Rally Transibérico and UAE Desert Challenge, he won the FIA Cross Country Rally World Cup, forming team with codriver Tina Thörner.
In 2013, he became the first driver to complete an unassisted backflip in a car. 
- "Vom Schnee zum Sand" (in German). 2008-01-02. Retrieved 2010-01-17.
- "The film of the stage, Coma, alone in the Pampa, BMWs all over the place". Retrieved 2010-01-17.
- "2009 Dakar Rally final standings". Retrieved 2010-01-17.
- "Motorsport: Guerlain Chicherit fired up for Dakar Rally". 2010-01-02. Retrieved 2010-01-17.
- "Chicherit Wins First Stage in 2010 Dakar". 2010-01-14. Retrieved 2010-01-17.
- "Guerlain Chicherit's Car Backflip". 2013-03-04. Retrieved 2014-06-27.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Guerlain Chicherit.|