Guernsey State Park
Lake Guernsey State Park
Guernsey State Park Museum
|Location||Platte County, Wyoming|
|Nearest city||Guernsey, Wyoming|
|Area||3,760 acres (original)
8,602 acres (increase)
|Architect||Civilian Conservation Corps; Roland Pray (original)
S. R. Deboer; Richard G. Redell; et al. (expanded)
|Architectural style||National Park Service Rustic, Bungalow/craftsman, Other|
|Governing body||Bureau of Reclamation (original)
|NRHP Reference #||80004051 (original)
|Added to NRHP||August 26, 1980 (original)
September 25, 1997 (increase)
|Designated NHLD||September 25, 1997|
Lake Guernsey State Park, also known as Guernsey State Park Historic District, Lake Guernsey Park, Guernsey Lake Park, or Guernsey State Park, is a historic district and state park near Guernsey, Wyoming. In addition to the historic district, the park contains Guernsey Reservoir on the North Platte River.
As a historic district the park was declared a National Historic Landmark in 1997 for its Civilian Conservation Corps buildings and structures. It contains 60 contributing resources: 14 buildings, 3 sites, and 43 structures, as well as 46 non-contributing resources.
The Guernsey State Park Museum includes exhibits about the Civilian Conservation Corps and the natural and cultural history of the park.
- Susan Begley and Ethan Carr (January 6, 1997). "National Historic Landmark Nomination: Lake Guernsey State Park / Lake Guernsey Park; Guernsey Lake Park; Guernsey State Park" (pdf). National Park Service. and PDF (32 KB)
- "National Register Information System". National Register of Historic Places. National Park Service. 2007-01-23.
- "Lake Guernsey State Park". National Historic Landmark summary listing. National Park Service. Retrieved 2008-02-29.
- Media related to Guernsey State Park at Wikimedia Commons
- Official website
- Historic American Buildings Survey (HABS) No. WY-81, "Guernsey State Park Museum, Highway 317, Guernsey, Platte County, WY", 11 photos, 1 color transparency, 1 photo caption page
- Information and map of the park
- Guernsey Museum Digitization Project
- Friends of Guernsey State Park
|This article about a property in Wyoming on the National Register of Historic Places is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|