With a PhD from Science-Po, Guillaume Faye was one of the major theorists of the French New Right (Nouvelle Droite) in the 1970–80s. A former member of Alain de Benoist’s New Right organisation GRECE, he took part in the splitting of the organization in 1986 alongside Yann-Ber Tillenon, Tristan Mordrelle (fr), and Goulven Pennaod (fr). At that time he was close to nationalist neo-Pagans. Simultaneously, he made his way up as a journalist, namely in Figaro Magazine (fr), Paris-Match, VSD, etc. Guillaume Faye also led a journal called J'ai Tout Compris! (I Understood Everything!) which closed down soon after.
In 1987 Guillaume Faye withdrew from politics. In the year 1990 he took part in Skyrock radio station as 'Skyman'. He also appeared in Telematin emission on France 2 TV channel from 1991 to 1993. In 1998 he finally returned to politics after publishing some essays on various subjects such as culture, religion, etc. Several of these essays were collected into his major work, Archeofuturism, which was published in English translation in 2010. This book lays out his fundamental ideas, including his opposition to immigration, his dismissal of contemporary European politics, his call for a pan-European government, and his concept of Archeofuturism, which involves combining traditionalist spirituality and concepts of sovereignty with the latest advances in science and technology.
In 2000, Faye re-launched J'ai Tout Compris! as a monthly edition where he expresses his ideas: Faye predicts an abolition of European societies due to massive immigration, and a total war between the West and the Islamic world, endorsing the "clash of civilization" theory.
He takes part in the Rivarol journal and regularly collaborates with Pierre Vial's Terre et Peuple (fr) neo-Pagan group. He also participates to conferences abroad, such as with the US nationalist group American Renaissance on March 3, 2006.
In 2007, he published La Nouvelle question juive (The New Jewish question) in which he strongly criticized Holocaust deniers and many third positionists and anti-Zionists (such as Alain Soral or Christian Bouchet) whom he accuses of sympathy for Islamism. As a response, he was accused of being a "national-Zionist".
Several of Faye's books have been translated into English and published by Arktos. These include "Archeofuturism - European visions of the post-catastrophic age" (2010), "Why we Fight - manifesto of the european resistance" (2011) and "Convergence of Catastrophes" (2012).
- Le Système à tuer les peuples, Copernic 1981.
- Contre l’économisme, Le Labyrinthe, 1983.
- La Nouvelle société de consommation, Le Labyrinthe, 1984.
- L’Occident comme déclin, Le Labyrinthe, 1984.
- Nouveaux discours à la Nation Européenne, Albatros, 1985.
- Europe et modernité, Eurograf, 1985.
- Petit lexique du partisan européen (collaborator), Eurograf, 1985.
- Les Nouveaux enjeux idéologiques, Le Labyrinthe, 1985.
- La Soft-idéologie (collaborator as Pierre Barbès), Robert Laffont, 1987.
- L’Archéofuturisme, L'Aencre, 1999. English translation: 'Archeofuturism, Arktos, 2010.
- La Colonisation de l’Europe: discours vrai sur l’immigration et l’Islam, L’Æncre, 2000.
- Les Extra-terrestres de A à Z, Dualpha, 2000.
- Pourquoi nous combattons: manifeste de la résistance européenne, L’Æncre, 2001.
- Avant-guerre, L’Aencre, 2002.
- Le coup dEtat mondial: Essai sur le Nouvel Impérialisme Américain., L’Æncre, 2004.
- La congergence des catastrophes., L’Æncre, 2004. English translation: Convergence of Catastrophes, Arktos, 2012.
- Mon programme: Un programme révolutionnaire ne vise pas à changer les règles du jeu mais à changer de jeu , Les Éditions du Lore, 2012.
- Avant-Guerre: Chronique d’un cataclysme annoncé (Pre-War: Account of an Impending Cataclysm).
- Le coup dEtat mondial: Essai sur le Nouvel Impérialisme Américain.
- Michael O'Meara, "Foreword to Guillaume Faye's Archeofuturism", Counter-Currents Publishing, 10 September 2010.
- Camus, Jean-Yves(fr), La Nouvelle droite : bilan provisoire d’une école de pensée, La Pensée, March 2005.