||This biographical article needs additional citations for verification. (July 2010)|
|Birth name||Guillermo José Dávila Ruiz|
|Also known as||El Idolo de Una Generación|
|Born||18 March 1955|
After starting his career in theatre in the 1970s, Dávila first gained national fame in a telenovela called Ligia Elena, becoming famous internationally in 1983, when he starred in its sequel, Nacho, for Venevisión. He played the eponymous main character. He then went to Puerto Rico, where he starred alongside Ivonne Goderich in the 1984 soap opera Diana Carolina for WAPA-TV. The series' title song, "Llevo perfume a ti", became a number-one hit for him.
Dávila's international stardom somewhat faded after that, but he remained busy at home with numerous soap operas television shows, and album releases, until 1992 when he made a comeback to the international arena with another soap opera, Cara Sucia.
As a singer, Dávila has released over ten albums, some of which reached international platinum or gold status. He sang the songs on the soundtracks for nearly all the soap operas he starred in.
Dávila had an international hit in 1989 when he recorded a duet with pop singer Kiara; the single was called "Tesoro Mío" (My Treasure) and was from the soap opera telenovela La Revancha. His first album of his new stage, Tu Corazón, followed in 1990.
Dávila remained a popular star at home, as he was called "The Idol of a Generation" by the media behind him and many of his peers.
Dávila has been married three times. His second marriage was with Venezuelan actress and TV hostess Chiquinquirá Delgado, with whom he has one of his two daughters. He has two daughters (Daniela and Maria Elena) and a son (Guillermo). He spends time between Caracas and Miami, where he currently resides.he also has a child in Peru, Vasco Madueño, whom he doesn't want to recognise yet.
- Guillermo Dávila (1982)
- Un Poco de Amor (1983)
- Definitivamente (1984)
- Cantaré Para Ti (1985)
- Guillermo Dávila 5 (1988)
- Éxitos Y Algo Más (1990)
- Tuyo (1990)
- Por Amarte Tanto (1993)
- Dulce Enemiga Y Otros Éxitos De Guillermo Dávila (1995)
- Días de Pasión (1998)
|Year||Song||Hot Latin Songs||Album|
|1990||"Tesoro Mío (with Kiara)"||3||Éxitos Y Algo Más|
|"Ábreme La Puerta"||39|
|1991||"Yo Necesito Más De Ti"||17||Tuyo|
|1993||"Por Amarte Tanto"||31||Por Amarte Tanto|
|"Cuando Se Acaba El Amor"||5|
|1994||"Barco A La Deriva"||30|
Notable television roles
- Ligia Elena
- Nacho (soap opera) (1983)
- Diana Carolina (1984)
- Cantaré Para Ti (soap opera) (I Will Sing For You)(1985)
- El Sol Sale Para Todos (The Sun Rises For Everyone) (1986)
- Fabiola (1989) (again with co-star Alba Roversi)
- Adorable Mónica (Adorable Monica)(1990)
- Cara Sucia (Dirty Face) (with Sonya Smith)(1992)
- Dulce Enemiga (Sweet enemy) (1995) with Gigi Zancheta
- Contra Viento y Marea (Against all odds) with Ana Karina Manco
- Suenos (Dreams) (1999)
- Felina (Cat) (2001), his last main role in soap operas.
- Cosita Rica (Beautiful Girl) (2004), special appearance.
- Ciudad Bendita (Blessed City) (2006)
- Toda Una Dama (The Lady) (2007)
- Nadie Me Dira Como Quererte (The Way About Her) (2008)
- Las Banidas (Bandidas) (2013)