|Yokohama DeNA BayStars – No. 49|
November 14, 1983 |
|Bats: Right||Throws: Right|
|May 30, 2009 for the Texas Rangers|
(through 2013 season)
|Earned run average||4.28|
Guillermo Alejandro Moscoso (born November 14, 1983) is a Venezuelan professional baseball pitcher who is currently with the Yokohama DeNA BayStars in Nippon Professional Baseball. He has previously pitched in Major League Baseball for the Texas Rangers, Oakland Athletics, Colorado Rockies and San Francisco Giants.
Detroit Tigers organization
After appearing in ten games in '09, Moscoso had an ERA of 3.21 through 14.0 innings pitched, giving up 15 hits, 7 runs, and 6 walks but also struck out a dozen. As of August, Moscoso has only pitched one game in the new decade. On May 20, against Baltimore, Guillermo pitched two-thirds of an inning, giving up two hits, two runs, and two walks while also striking out two. His ERA is currently 27.00.
In January 2011, Texas traded Moscoso to the Oakland for minor league RHP Ryan Kelly.
On May 24, 2011, he was recalled to the Oakland Athletics to take the place in the rotation of Tyson Ross, who went on the DL with a strained left oblique. Fautino de los Santos was optioned to Triple-A to make room.
On September 7, 2011, he carried a no hitter against the Kansas City Royals into the eighth inning.
On January 16, 2012, Moscoso was traded, along with fellow pitcher Josh Outman, to the Colorado Rockies for outfielder Seth Smith. Moscoso went 3-2 with a 6.12 ERA with 50 innings in 23 appearances, 3 starts.
Kansas City Royals
Toronto Blue Jays
On March 27, 2013, Moscoso was claimed on waivers by the Chicago Cubs.
San Francisco Giants
On July 26, 2013, Moscoso was traded to the San Francisco Giants for a player to be named later or cash considerations. He was designated for assignment on November 20, 2013. On November 21, 2013 Moscoso elected to become a Free Agent.
Yokohama DeNA BayStars
Moscoso throws three main pitches: a four-seam fastball (90–92), a curveball (77–79), and a changeup to left-handed hitters (80–81). He has experimented with a cut fastball and slider to right-handers, but he does not use them frequently.
- Blinn, Michael. "Tigers' Moscoso pitches perfect game," MiLB.com, Sunday, July 15, 2007.
- Moscoso looks good in MLB debut
- Stiglich, Joe (2011-05-23). "Oakland A's update: Reliever Brian Fuentes questions the way he's been used by manager Bob Geren". San Jose Mercury. Retrieved 2011-05-24.
- Rockies Press Release (January 16, 2012). "Rockies acquire RHP Guillermo Moscoso and LHP Josh Outman from Oakland in exchange for OF Seth Smith". ColoradoRockies.com.
- "Royals claim RHP Moscoso, C Hayes off waivers". Associated Press via Yahoo Sports.com. 2 November 2012. Retrieved 2 November 2012.
- Royals To Release Guillermo Moscoso
- "Blue Jays claim Moscoso". March 16, 2013. Retrieved March 16, 2013.
- "San Francisco Giants acquire pitcher Guillermo Moscoso from the Chicago Cubs". July 26, 2013. Retrieved July 26, 2013.
- Casella, Paul (December 26, 2013). "Righty Moscoso to sign with Japanese team". Giants.MLB.com. Retrieved January 4, 2014.
- "Brooks Baseball · Home of the PitchFX Tool - Player Card: Guillermo Moscoso". Brooks Baseball. Retrieved 14 June 2012.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Guillermo Moscoso.|
- Career statistics and player information from MLB, or ESPN, or Baseball-Reference, or Fangraphs, or The Baseball Cube, or Baseball-Reference (Minors)
- Guillermo Moscoso on Twitter